ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: JB's Gonna Love This... Return to archive
12-23-02 10:14 AM
parmeda McCARTNEY GETS A COAT OF ARMS OK'D
Chicago SunTimes
December 23, 2002

LONDON--Paul McCartney has been granted his own coat of arms, which pays homage to the former Beatle's musical career and his hometown of Liverpool, a newspaper reported Sunday.

According to the Sunday Times, the crest features a liver--a fanciful bird (which also appears on Liverpool's seal) holding a guitar in its claw. Four curved emblems resembling beetles' backs reflect his career with John Lennon, George Harrison and Ringo Starr.

The motto is ''Ecce Cor Meum,'' Latin for ''Behold My Heart,'' which is the title of an oratorio he composed.

The Sunday Times said McCartney applied for the crest in 1997, the year he was knighted for his contribution to British music and society, but the death of his first wife, Linda, in 1998 delayed its design. Approval was granted by the College of Arms, the English heraldic body formed in 1484, the paper said.

AP
12-23-02 10:21 AM
jb Hello Pam, my MF....I won't even comment on the above as Macca, through his callous and selfish actions, has even caused many Beatle fans' to turn against him.
I trust you are quite busy with last minute Christmas shopping and or other endeavors....I am taking my staff out today for the Holiday party( which along with bonuses, will cost me over 10K) and the next 2 weeks will be pretty dead around here. I hope to finalize my plans for MSG by the New Year... Have a wonderful Christmas and I hope you get what you deserve...
[Edited by jb]
12-23-02 10:46 AM
parmeda Josh, you know I like to pull your chain...I couldn't pass the article up, lol.
And yes, I will be very busy these next few days...no rest for the weary! The shopping is done, presents are wrapped (this is a good thing!) but...the cooking marathon will begin shortly! Rest assured, Santa is always very good to me. He has no choice NOT to be...or he will find himself out on the front stoop with his bag 'o toys whomped over his skull.
I'm sure your party will turn out well for you today! Sounds like fun...wish I could be there, I'd dress up like an elf for ya! (Boy, wouldn't THAT be a sight?)

Have a great Holiday Josh!