ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Stop hit the Top 40 in UK: No. 36 Return to archive
12-22-02 02:14 PM
Soldatti Check the charts in UK. Forty Licks is #11 also this week.

The single came three months later, is a good position. His first Top 40 since "Saint Of Me"
12-22-02 04:14 PM
Soldatti Here is the chart comment in Dotmusic about the new entries this week:

36 DON'T STOP (Rolling Stones)
Bringing up the rear this week, but with no less significant an entry for it are the Rolling Stones. Don't Stop is believe it or not the Rolling Stones' first Top 40 entry for almost five years, their last hit single coming back in February 1998 when the Deep Dish remix of Saint Of Me hit Number 26. Don't Stop finds them in fine musical form, even after all these years and it has done enough to extend their hitmaking career to close on 40 years, their first chart single coming way back in July 1963. All in all this is their 47th chart single although they have not hit the Top 10 since Start Me Up made Number 7 in 1981.

----------------------------------------------------------

For me the positions is good. The band first single "Come On" edited in June 1963 was also a Top 40 hit, at #21.
Almost 40 years later the band hit the Top 40 again with "Don't Stop". The Top 10 news was a joke. The Stones never again will hit the Top 10, except if they release a song featuring Nelly, Ashanti and other raper and if they re-release "Satisfaction" in 2005 like 40 aniversary edition.
12-22-02 04:33 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat They will never ever hit No. 1 again...
12-22-02 04:42 PM
sasca Perhaps. Who would have predicted Elvis reaching number one again any time soon?
12-22-02 06:41 PM
Boomhauer Yeah, I don't see them hitting #1 with a single, but I do see them hitting #1 for at least one week if they release a new studio album.
12-22-02 07:03 PM
Honky Tonk Man Welli did my bit for "Mick Aid 2" and bought this great single. The new remix of "Miss You" sounds quite good. Anyone notice that there is infact not two, but three versions of "Dont Stop"? The single version is shorter then the version found on 40 Licks.

Im such a geek!

Alex
12-23-02 10:43 AM
jb I saw a mariah Carey special on Vh1 last night and i kinda liked her(not her music)..she is also very hot and has voluptuous breasts.