ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: read and judge Return to archive
12-21-02 01:07 PM
Moonisup The truth is that this is much ado about nothing and there is no need for anybody to get their knickers in a twist. I'm quite happy with the situation and I'm not worried about what Yoko Ono is saying - as I am more excited about now, rather than then, having finished a great tour and winning No.1 tour of the year.

Well that is what macca said. he disses the stones here, no doubt about it, and the stones never brag abut their finances

the prick
12-21-02 01:29 PM
Martha That Paul is positioning himself to make Yoko look like the "bad guy" rather than take the heat that has come from his wanting to rearrange the credits is appalling to me. John would be LIVID about that. Paul is taking full advantage of the hatred> the racist, misogynist attitudes lobbied at Yoko all these years...and anyone who participates in that shit has a lot to learn in my book. When will this type of hatred stop? It sickens me.

Here's an exerpt from an article written by Larry McShane from the Associated Press entitled:
McCartney, Ono continue to fight, yesterday, today and tomorrow

"This is not a divisive thing," said McCartney spokesperson Geoff Baker in London. "It's not Lennon or McCartney. Even if Paul did 95 percent or more on these songs, he's not asking that John's name be taken off. He just doesn't think it should be first."

Ono's spokesman, Elliot Mintz, disagreed.

"Thre's no question this is an attempted act of Beatle revisionism," Mintz said.

Mintz said that Ono had no plans to sue McCartney about the swap and was "feeling secure in the fact that the original Lennon-McCartney agreement still stands."

{edited by Martha}

12-21-02 01:46 PM
Moonisup I don't like macca or yoko

I just think it's sick to make fights about songs that are written 35 years ago
12-21-02 02:41 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

he disses the stones here, no doubt about it, and the stones never brag abut their finances

the prick

Um...while I agree with your final comment ("the prick")in regard to worrying about whose name comes first -- how in the hell does any of this have anything to do with the Stones?

I think you're reading WAY too much into these comments. The only one who looks bad here is McCartney, and like Trent Lott, the more he tries to explain himself the worse it gets, but let's not get ridiculous about it. It has nothing to do with the Stones and has already been discussed too much. McCartney's an asshole. Case closed. I'm just pleased that I've never purchased a solo McCartney album or gone to a McCartney concert in my life. I'm sure not going to start now.
12-21-02 02:52 PM
Moonisup well that thing we have in common!

I don't own any macca albums, and he nevers comes to holland! I just don't like that he also disses his old friend John, the man is dead!!!! over 35 year old songs
12-21-02 03:17 PM
sasca Disliking Yoko is not necessarily evidence of misogyny or racism. I like some of her music but she and John behaved very poorly towards the other Beatles. If John had decided to bring a white male into every session, the others would have objected just the same.
12-21-02 03:31 PM
sasca And I see no evidence of Paul 'dissing' either John or the Stones.
12-21-02 03:36 PM
Moonisup "having finished a great tour and winning No.1 tour of the year"

nuff said

12-21-02 03:38 PM
sasca Well, he thought he and his band performed well and is pleased by the number of people who saw them.
12-21-02 03:49 PM
Moonisup it was about top grossing, I'll ask the opinion of my friend josh on monday, he sees things clearer
12-21-02 10:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
it was about top grossing, I'll ask the opinion of my friend josh on monday, he sees things clearer

If it was a huge tour with a full horn section and a cadre of backup singers and players, then yeah, I'd say it was about the money. But it was just him and four other guys, and sometimes even just him out on stage. He likes doing it. You see it when he gets out there. It's like a theatre performance - nowhere near as risky as the Stones - but good in a different sorta way. The Stones are always more adreneline pumping fun, but McCartney had a good time in his own kinda form.

And he's worried about his self-centered future, when it comes down to the writing credits. In a hundred years, yeah, people'll think John Lennon wrote everything. But what's crazy is that if Lennon'd been alive, he wouldn't have cared. He hated most of those songs. It's just a stupid thing. If McCartney was really so concerned, he shoulda said all those things he said in public to Yoko Ono and she (after much arguement) would probably have understood. But no, he makes a spectacle outta it... real smart, Paul.

And as for asking the clear and unbiased opinion of your friend, I can give it to you right now.

"I hate The Beatles and everything associated with them. People who like them are cocksuckers and they should die, burn in hell forever, be smoked out of their caves like the Taliban. Oh, Hi, Gazza, is that you? Gosh, y'know, I didn't see you there! What? You say you like the Beatles? Umm... well... gosh... well, they're a great pop group... yeah... umm... I love you... hope you aren't angry at me for telling new guys who post on the board to never talk about any bands I don't like... like I'm the king of this joint... did I mention how mind-numbingly rich I am?"
(edited by jb)
(edited by jb)
(edited by jb)
(edited by jb)
(edited by jb)

And then finally it'll just be a coupla dots when he offends someone he wants to cozy up to in order to have some sort of social standing on an inconsequential internet nonexistant hierarchy.

Out of curiosity on an unrelated note, Moonisup, what's the official drinking age in Holland? I remember when I was there I read something about it being 16 for the regular stuff and 18 for hard liquor. Izzat true? Because if it ain't, they must have mistaken me pretty good and let me drink anyway.

Deeeeeelicious and nutritious, not to mention Ronnie-licious!

-tSYX --- That's how strong, that's how strong....
12-22-02 01:49 AM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
Martha wrote:
"This is not a divisive thing," said McCartney spokesperson Geoff Baker in London. "It's not Lennon or McCartney. Even if Paul did 95 percent or more on these songs, he's not asking that John's name be taken off. He just doesn't think it should be first."

Ono's spokesman, Elliot Mintz, disagreed.
Mintz said...
{edited by Martha}Disgusting. Paul must be too isolated from the "commoner's" to understand what this will do to his reputation and legacy. For one thing, it aint gonna' happen. It's Lennon-McCartney...McCartney-Lennon doesn't even sound balanced right...typical Paul. Hey look, I'm actually with Oh-No Yoko over this whole mess.

Now, enough with the fucking mop-tops already! Take it to "Fab Talk"!

Summation: This sort of thing would never happen with The Rolling Stones!

Sidenote: So what if Maccdamia Nut had the #1 tour of the year? The Stones only toured for three and a half months of '02.

12-22-02 02:36 AM
telecaster
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
The truth is that this is much ado about nothing and there is no need for anybody to get their knickers in a twist. I'm quite happy with the situation and I'm not worried about what Yoko Ono is saying - as I am more excited about now, rather than then, having finished a great tour and winning No.1 tour of the year.

Well that is what macca said. he disses the stones here, no doubt about it, and the stones never brag abut their finances

the prick

Is everyone aware Paul received $250 Million tax free when Linda passed away? She was loaded before he met her.

That is 3 times more than the entire pre-tax gross of his current tour
12-22-02 03:51 AM
Moonisup 16 - beer
18- stronger then beer
12-22-02 05:39 AM
F505 The funny thing is that not anyone seems to remember in this thread Jagger is quite a businessman too. The Ahoy-concert costs me 120 euro (250 guilders) by far the most expensive ticket I've ever paid. And remember Mick only wanted to marry Jerry Hall when she signed away any claim to his (200 $) millions. Mick just loves dollars as much as McCartney. Personnaly I don't care. But why start a post about such a thing?
12-22-02 05:50 AM
Moonisup jagger don't brags about it
12-22-02 06:21 AM
F505 congratulations moon!
12-22-02 06:30 AM
Moonisup thank you!