ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Little T & A (Does it really mean this?) Return to archive
12-20-02 11:06 PM
Honky Tonk Man Speaking to a cool black dude from work in the boozer after work toooonight. Loves the Stones! First Show was Wembley 82. Reckon Tatto You is his favourite album. I cant argue, great record!

Anyway, he said "Alex, my young lad, know what T&A stands for?"

Alex: No, im very durunken!"

Jake "Well, it stands for fucking up the Arse!"

It kinda figures

Well chappies, is it true?

Alex
12-20-02 11:12 PM
Fiji Joe T & A...tits and ass...nothing more...says so right there in the song..of course, man, I ain't hip wit da ebonics, so, maybe if I hads my groove on, I's might jus understand wassup...no wa I'm saying G?
12-21-02 05:43 AM
prism Actually L.T.A. were the initials of a girl he'd met in October 1978. She was way too young, so nothing happened.
They are still good friends.
12-21-02 09:19 AM
SirMuddy wow Prism
new story for me...
good story...
So maybe "Can't be seen" is all about her...
Wanna hold you for Patti ?
ThankX
12-21-02 05:58 PM
Mathijs "get some T&A tonight" is a Cockney expression for scoring a "bird".

Mathijs
12-21-02 07:09 PM
telecaster
quote:
prism wrote:
Actually L.T.A. were the initials of a girl he'd met in October 1978. She was way too young, so nothing happened.
They are still good friends.

Remember the Saturday Night Live skit in 1977 the "T&A" games which was a takeoff on "Battle of the Network Stars".

T&A phrase has been around forever
12-21-02 07:15 PM
Fiji Joe OK...so what the hell is "scoring a bird"? One under par?
12-21-02 07:25 PM
Boomhauer
quote:
telecaster wrote:

Remember the Saturday Night Live skit in 1977 the "T&A" games which was a takeoff on "Battle of the Network Stars".

T&A phrase has been around forever

No, I don't remember that.

But, for some odd reason, the current SNL is just as bad as the mid-eighties line-up that had Anthony Micheal Hall, Robert "I've had about 34 chances" Downey Jr., Randy Quaid (who I think is funny in movies), and Julia LOuis-Dreyfuss.

It's not pretty.
12-21-02 08:04 PM
riffhard64 tits and ass..that's all baby....
12-22-02 03:57 AM
padre Tori Amos
12-22-02 08:46 AM
prism When L.T. first heard the song she was horrified to be referred to by her "T&A". She thought Keith was teasing her because she'd been taking a feminism class in school and feminists don't like to be referred to as "T&A". Later she relaxed and learned to love the song's beat. By the way she's the L.T. in Losing My Touch.
12-22-02 01:29 PM
FPM C10 I MIGHT be wrong but this thread seems to be 99% misinformation. "Little T&A" is explained in the song's lyrics - which, in my opinion, are among the stupidest Keith has ever written:

"She's my little rock and roll / aw haw haw / My tits and ass with soul, honey"

I believe I've read several places that "Little T & A" is about Patti, who I'm sure was pleased (as any good born-again Christian would be).

The Stones' misogyny used to be clever - it HAD to be to work - like "Back Street Girl", "Stray Cat Blues", etc. Lyrically, and I use the term loosely, "Little T & A" could've been written by Gene Simmons.
12-22-02 03:04 PM
Fiji Joe At ease...the song rocks...one of Keith's finest and a cult classic in Delaware..
12-23-02 12:23 AM
prism The lyrics were written before he met Patti. The song was intended for Emotional Rescue.
12-23-02 12:27 AM
Soul Survivor damn prism, what else do you know
12-23-02 03:38 AM
prism I know that I've had too much holiday rum tonight and I'm in danger of admitting that I was Little T&A. We never even kissed though, because I was underage. We're still good friends.
12-23-02 06:03 AM
beer Really? Were you the inspiration for any other Stones songs?
12-23-02 08:05 AM
prism In "Losing My Touch" what do you think he means by "Get me out of here?" I'm still trying to figure that out.