ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 2002...a year in review... Return to archive
12-20-02 06:53 PM
stonedinaustralia ...well I know its� still two weeks �til it�s over but it�s about that time to wind things up before everybody (well almost everybody) goes into nolte mode

so I figured I�d start a brief run down now

but first let me take this opportunity to put some postive vibrations out to all of you cats here at �rock�s off� and to wish you all peace love and understanding (and that aint funny) and esp. to those of you with whom i have had some �personal� communication (and you know who you are) � remember, jah is not dead

keith was quoted here recently saying along the lines that he had no time for the internet��gossiping on the television� he called it or words to that effect�I agree with him, if I was him I wouldn�t be on the internet either because I wouldn�t need to go on line to find out what I�m doing or to locate that unreleased track I recorded ages ago -seriously �tho the only reason I pay to stay on line all the time is because of this board - it is one of the most unexpected pleasures (and aren�t they the best kind?) I have come across

so thanx and cheers to everybody and here are some of the most memorable moments of the last twelve months (imo)

favourite post � sirmoonie's keyboard character drawing of the dude doing a projectile vomit

least favourite post (and poster) � lady jane and her bogus set list

best thread title � from keno�s board as it happens � joey - �open letter to my neurons� (sorry max, if that was one of yours)

best running gag � �joey is dead� well at least that's the best one i can recall - there's been so many - that's one of the great things about this place the lol's just keep on coming

most unpleasant moments on the board � the �is jb a lawyer?� brouhaha (it�s one thing to call someone an idiot but calling them a liar is whole other thing) and my one and only �flaming row� with stonesmik (�what we have here is a failure to communicate�)

previously unheard stones music highlights:

�loving you is sweeter than ever� & �the long black veil� � thanx mottrush

�worried about you� live at the el mocambo & �golden caddy iv� � thanx ulf

�mainstreet revisited� � thanx MRD8

favourite cd release � mojo magazine�s �trojan explosion� sampler � maybe it�s true, the best things in life are free

best avatar � hard to single one out but special mention to fijijoes � �portrait of the C10� and for flat out dadaistic nonesense hats off to the raging goat

worst avatar �that godawful drawing of mick soulie used for a while

most profound comment � on my �altamont country club� thread when Roland remarked with words to the effect that �I didn�t think it was funny until I re-read after reading Hand o Fate�s (critical) reply to it.� � one�s perception of a colour is influenced by the colours that surround it - pretty deep, huh?

Biggest disappointment � not winning SS�s august competition (�tho no winner was announced) with my �triky word� entry for creative �dirty work� � I didn�t care about the prize� I was only ever after the glory
and the seemingly inevitable fact that soulie won�t make his thousand posts by xmas � �tho there�s STILL time�

best ideas that never got ( or, more hopefully, are still yet to get) off the ground � KMAX and ~A�s �heavy hitter magazine� � I can sense the beginnings of a global media empire � roll over, rupert murdoch

the most amazing thing that has happened (and not just this year but perhaps for ever and it�s the biggest thing I�ve seen so far by a long long way) and it only leaves me wondering � where to from here � a header pic. provided specifically and personally by Ronnie� how do you top that!!
12-20-02 08:56 PM
beer I remember I checked the Rocks Off board one day and it was bright pink and it said "The Backstreet Boys message Board", or maybe "Britney Spears meassage board" or something. I thought, What the fuck happened here? Then I realized it was April Fools Day
12-20-02 09:13 PM
stonedinaustralia yeah beer, thanks for rewinding me, that was a good one!
12-20-02 09:35 PM
sirmoonie Right on, my Aussie friend.

Coming up on three years at Keno's and Rock's Off, and its been worth every absolutely unproductive minute. I've got a 6 foot stack of Stones music that I never knew existed, I've forgotten more about my favorite band than I even knew before I showed up, I've laughed damn near every day at the incredible wit that gets posted, and in the space of 10 days in Cleveland and NYC I met around 20 or so of the easiest people I've met in about 10 years anywhere else.

And I got this C10 chip....

Thanks to Jaxx, Gazza, Tequila Man, and Keno for all of it. Appreciate it more than I can express.
12-21-02 12:25 AM
parmeda SIA...my friend,
You've captured the sentiments of many, I am sure of that...
And as I sat reading your post, with an ever-growing smile upon my face, it was such a pleasure to reflect back on some of the things mentioned. The smile is still here...with thoughts of what is yet to come. What will the next topic be? Where will the next joke come from? Who will be the next 'victim'? The anticipation is what brings us back, each and every day...is this not true?

Your timing was perfect to share and rekindle. This member's hectic life was just given a reality check...all thanks to you, M. In my life, I've been blessed in so many ways. The people and the main reason that has brought all of us to congregate here, only proves to me that I've been blessed yet again.

To you SIA, and all of my new-found friends...a very heartfelt wish of happiness, health and music! Keep this wonderful music deep in your souls for years to come...

A year from now, please do this again! God willing, we will all be able to reflect on your incredible memory...
12-21-02 01:08 AM
Fiji Joe For my wide-mouthed Australian friend...who seems to take such great pleasure in the disgusting and perverse...Here's an oldy but a goody
12-22-02 09:38 AM
Sir Stonesalot SIA...Sorry I disappointed you during the Dirty Work contest. I did indeed announce a winner...in fact, I think I had 2 winners. Honestly, I think for that contest I put names in a hat and drew 2 out.

This gives me an idea for another contest......
12-22-02 01:44 PM
stonedinaustralia no worries SS
12-22-02 01:53 PM
Moonisup 2002

a year I subscribed at RO and met great people

a year I got layed many times

A year I smoked to much

A year I drank to much

A year I bought many many boots

A year I will never forget
12-22-02 01:59 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Moonisup wrote:

A year I smoked to much

A year I drank to much

A year I will never forget

moon, i would have thought if it was a year that you drank to (sic.) much and smoked to (sic.) much then it would be a year you will never remember!

cheers

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
12-22-02 02:03 PM
Moonisup I don't care for smoking and drinking, I just do it (NIKE)
Why should I care, How I will be in 20 years? That does not matter, I live NOW in 2002 and later on in 2003! I have seen to much to believe that drinking and smoking shortens your live! That is true for a small part but only for 20%. I'll drink in 2003, no smoking then. LET'S DRINK TO THE HARD WORKING PEOPLE, RAISE YOUR GLASS TO THE LOWELY OF BIRTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MOON IS UP
12-22-02 04:25 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat 2003 is going to be the best year ever!!!