ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mickboy? whats the story? Return to archive
12-20-02 01:31 PM
Saint Sway So people keep raving about the "Mickboy Remasters", I havent heard them. Whats all the fuss about? Are they noticebly better?
12-20-02 02:51 PM
Sir Stonesalot Yes.
12-20-02 04:03 PM
Factory Girl Some are better than others. TSMR is awesome. "From Rags To Excess" is kind of hissy sounding.
12-20-02 04:09 PM
Saint Sway

I know that he's remastered most of their albums. And I hear that he just remastered some recent live shows - the Aragon & Tower Theatre shows
Has anyone heard those?
[Edited by Saint Sway]
12-20-02 04:41 PM
dkmonroe This may be a verboten question, but how does one go about getting Mickboy CDs?
12-20-02 04:51 PM
stonedinaustralia well dk - if you e-mail me (see my profile)- i can get you sorted for "mainstreet revisited" - that's the only one i have - it's excellent - do you have anyhting to trade??

i too am looking for others esp. his "let it bleed"
12-20-02 05:43 PM
Fiji Joe Stoned...thanks to SS I can help you out with Let it Bleed...would be willing to trade...pm me please
12-20-02 06:11 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy I'd be *very* interested in hearing some of his other stuff.

The great MRD8 very kindly sent me Main Street Revisited and Only When It's Frozen. Main Street is wonderful. Very well done. Only When It's Frozen has a few songs (most noticably "Mother's Little Helper" and "Satisfaction") that are in too wide a stereo sound. Apparently his re-master of Goat's Head Soup is also incredible.

I'd love to hear what he'd do to live shows. I've been trying to remaster live stuff from audience tapes and it's very difficult to get the right balance. I have a few remastered cuts from Ft. Lauterdale I downloaded- "Can't You Hear Me Knocking" is crystal-clear. Not sure if that's Mickboy or not.

What does his catalogue consist of, currently?

-tSYX --- You gave me somethin', I understand...
12-20-02 06:11 PM
stonedinaustralia thanx feej,i will do so shortly
12-20-02 06:16 PM
Fiji Joe BTW SS, I have solved my inability to copy problem...It's called a new computer...works miracles
12-21-02 10:18 AM
swillb SavageYoungXyzzy-the coaster review web site has the Mickboy Tower mp3's. Is that ftp site where you got the f.l. remaster. If it is they are mine not Mickboy's. I also uploaded Tower, and parts of Orpheum and Wiltern. They are in a directory called Remastered. I should get Mantasack to change the name to 'swillb remastered' to avoid confusion between mine and Mickboys. Enjoy.
12-21-02 01:00 PM
padre I haven't heard that Mickboy would've remastered any recent shows, so I doubt that he has. His catalogue at the moment looks like this:

studios:
-Satanic Remaster (TSMR)
-Only When It's Frozen (Aftermath+other 60's stuff)
-Dancing So Free (GHS)
-Main St. Revisited (Exile)
-Get What You Need (LIB)
-From Rags To Excess (B&B)
-Short and Curlies (a great remaster of IORR)
-Mean Ol World (Jagger+Red Devils blues session)
Lives:
-Earls Court (-76)
-L.A. Sunday (-75)
-Very Ancient Thank You Kindly (-72)
-The Nicaraguan Benefit Concert (-73)
-Completely Square (MSG 27.11.-69)

Yes, he is a wonderful man and does incredible job. I just hope that the Stones get to hear his stuff, too.

12-21-02 01:16 PM
MRD8 Mickboy indeed did remaster three Licks tour shows...the Aragon and Tower theater shows and the San Diego arena show...the Aragon unfortunately has the speed problem(too fast) but the Tower sounds amazing...as most of his stuff does! I just got his remasters of Layla and All Things Must Pass too...more incredible stuff...and his Led Zeppelin IV is better than Page did those tracks from the master tapes!
12-21-02 01:22 PM
padre Wow, I got those Licks shows from Mickboy too, but I didn't know that he'd remastered those! I thought those were the regular ones that circulates 'round here, too.
And yes, his Allmans, Layla, Zep and Harrison sure are awesome!
12-21-02 08:59 PM
full moon Where do you get these at??? There has to be a contact somewhere....
12-21-02 11:32 PM
Vinyl kills No kidding, someone please post a contact!
12-22-02 03:46 PM
MRD8 Mickboy uses a lady named Rosealie in England to distribute his remasters after the initial sales...she has all of his remasters including the Aragon and Tower Licks tour theater shows...here's her email address:"Rosalie"
12-22-02 03:48 PM
MRD8 "Rosalie"
12-22-02 03:50 PM
MRD8 Having trouble copy and pasting here email address...try it one more [email protected]
12-22-02 07:03 PM
full moon Thanks alot...