ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lott Resigns (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-21-02 06:22 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:
<------ Indeed my C10 Brother ......the South was
Good point little buddy . I only wish every individual would receive Robert Caro's " Master of the Senate " for Christmas so they could read and see for themselves what a REAL Senate Majority leader was like .

Hey Joey, politics aside did you ever hear the tape of LBJ talking to his tailor about his pants. Fucking funny as hell.

"and leave an extra inch down by my bunghole where my nuts hang"

Funny shit

How about the tape where he is hitting on Jackie Kennedy 1 month after the assasination!

LBJ, gotts to love him

12-21-02 06:22 PM
nankerphelge DENVER...MUST GO TO DENVER....

Short list Joey!!

Weekend show. Check.
United FFMs to "jet in" for the Stones gig! Check.
IPS. Check.

This is kind of fun not having any idea of my schedule for Jan. & Feb. -- could be Boston, could be Vegas, could be Denver.

All have their strong points:

Boston: Sully's
Denver: The mile HIGH city. Yes indeed.
Vegas: Voted most likely to induce Noltes.

The all have their drawbacks:

Boston: Could run into Ted Kennedy.
Denver: Joey on blow.
Vegas: okay, Vegas has no drawbacks.

My eyes are burnin'

12-21-02 06:30 PM
parmeda um...Nank?

Did I miss something? I don't see "My Kind of Town" anywhere on that list...

I don't give a rat's ass how numb your teeth are...re-think and re-group. Quickly!
12-21-02 07:08 PM
Fiji Joe "vast conflagration"?...You seriously overestimate the fighting spirit of the Arab man...there will be no resistance from anyone...The sum bitches are straight up pussies...now, granted, they will seeth for a time like a jilted prom queen, all the while planning what innocent lives they can take with a suicide bomb or a chinese rocket launcher...I'll give you that...but resistance, ain't gonna happen...Now, China and Russia, that's a different matter all together...I think you will be quite amazed at just how smoothly this thing goes down...

Give em' hell Pat Tillman..Give em' hell
12-21-02 07:14 PM
Fiji Joe With my Gary Hart hair-do and some money in my pocket I stopped by at the local bar...

Two fisting drought all night smokin' herb in my car...

Monday comes and i'm back to work...

48 hours to get my hands in her skirt...
12-22-02 02:10 AM
telecaster
quote:
Fiji Joe wrote:
"vast conflagration"?...You seriously overestimate the fighting spirit of the Arab man...there will be no resistance from anyone...The sum bitches are straight up pussies...now, granted, they will seeth for a time like a jilted prom queen, all the while planning what innocent lives they can take with a suicide bomb or a chinese rocket launcher...I'll give you that...but resistance, ain't gonna happen...Now, China and Russia, that's a different matter all together...I think you will be quite amazed at just how smoothly this thing goes down...

Give em' hell Pat Tillman..Give em' hell

Fiji Joe: So true. I have many buddies that fought in
Iraq. One was a sniper, ouch baby. Sad, sad tales. They
won't fight not now not ever for no one nohow noway.
They will fold in 12 hours.

In 1991 an airwing from one aircraft carrier could hit 172 targets in 1 day. Today, same airwing can hit 700 targets.
Technology baby

12-22-02 11:54 AM
Fiji Joe Yeah Telecaster...I don't like talking about this stuff, but, the military realities have to be looked at in these types of discussions...I'm not saying they are not capable of fighting...but, one has to believe in what they are fighting for...I submit to you that should this become an urban warfare scenario as predicted, you will see far more cooperation than resistance...I guaran-fucking-tee-it....the damn of all this...coalition soldiers will lose their lives due to some penny anty chemical horseshit Saddam decides to deploy...more Iraqi civilians, however, will meet this fate...sad...
12-22-02 03:15 PM
Joey " Now, China and Russia, that's a different matter all together...I think you will be quite amazed at just how smoothly this thing goes down... "

Fiji , you have given young Joey a new perspective and I am very grateful .....I have learned a lot from you . Accordingly , with your fine permission , I would like to clutch your corpulent body to my bosom , lightly stroke your massive , sweaty Fiji forehead , and just say " Thank You " for being ................well , ...............YOU !

{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOEYKINS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
12-22-02 03:22 PM
Joey " Hey Joey, politics aside did you ever hear the tape of LBJ talking to his tailor about his pants. Fucking funny as hell.

"and leave an extra inch down by my bunghole where my nuts hang"

Funny shit

How about the tape where he is hitting on Jackie Kennedy 1 month after the assasination!

LBJ, gotts to love him "

OH yeah , he was something ...............most people go through life worrying about this little thing or that and scratching the back of their head , not LBJ , he really moved ---- just interesting as Hell .

I respect the fact that he hitted on Jackie , but why wait an ENTIRE MONTH . Hell , I would have made moves on her the day after JFK was buried .

Actually , LBJ tucked his ball sack in his sock.

True story . Now if you will please excuse me , I have a very very serious Hangover and must go back to bed ( I went and saw the band " The Movies " last night and man , what a show -- did five shots of " Jaggermeister " too -- Nasty .

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ J }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
12-22-02 03:26 PM
Fiji Joe Clutch away Joey...I gots plenty of love for all ya'll...FYI ...I got that sweat problem under control and I am now completely off garlic
12-22-02 05:17 PM
sirmoonie Speaking of China, Joseph, that one dude called me up. Now he's all over the place saying you told him this and someone else told him that....blah, blah. Fuck him. I figure get rid of him, I got time to find someone else, but I wanted to check your schedule first. Because we are talking June or July now, before we see any real growth.

Let me know.
12-22-02 06:27 PM
parmeda LOTT SAYS HE 'FELL IN A TRAP"
By SHEILA HARDWELL BYRD, Associated Press Writer

PASCAGOULA, Miss. - Sen. Trent Lott (news, bio, voting record), in his first public remarks since resigning as Senate Republican leader, said Sunday that had fallen into a "trap" set by his political enemies and had "only myself to blame."

Lott became the focus of a raging controversy for his remarks praising Strom Thurmond's 1948 segregationist run for president.

Asked in an interview with The Associated Press whether he was disappointed in a lack of support from President Bush in keeping his post, Lott said:

"I don't think there's any use in trying to say I'm disappointed in anybody or anything. An inappropriate remark brought this down on my head."

However, he said there were those who had been gunning for his resignation.

"There are some people in Washington who have been trying to nail me for a long time," Lott said. "When you're from Mississippi and you're a conservative and you're a Christian, there are a lot of people that don't like that. I fell into their trap and so I have only myself to blame."

He wouldn't say who those political enemies were.

Talking outside his home here, Lott again said his comments at Sen. Strom Thurmond (news, bio, voting record)'s 100th birthday party were not malicious and he repeated his pledge to turn the experience into positive action as he finishes his term in the Senate.

"I feel very strongly about my faith. God has put this burden on me, I believe he'll show me a way to turn it into a good," Lott said.

He also said he regretted the comments reflecting poorly on his home state, which has tried for years to overcome a bleak record on race relations.

...this guy is so full of condensed shit.
12-22-02 06:38 PM
Fiji Joe Actually, I think every thing he said was pretty much true...straight up DC hustling
12-22-02 07:18 PM
JaggaRichards
quote:
telecaster wrote:

LBJ didn't pass it he signed it. He signed it because Republicans passed it. More Republicans voted for the Civil Rights Act of 1964 then Democrats by a huge percentage. Remember when Al Gore Sr voted NO on that one?

Thank you. LBJ rammed it thru too. Do you think the bill would have passed if a Northern lib like JFK tried harder to do it?
No.
It took an effective arm-twisting Southerner like LBJ to get the job done.

And I have read all 3 of Caro's masterful works on LBJ.
Everyone should. LBJ was the most crooked Prez of the 20th Century, beating Tricky Dick and Slick Willie out by miles. LBJ also knew how to keep the lid on crooked dealings.

I visited the LBJ Ranch and birthplace several years ago. I walked away from it actually feeling sorry for the guy. LBJ knew how to get the job done.
Except when it came to wars.......
12-22-02 07:32 PM
JaggaRichards One more TRUE LBJ story:
Around '64,'65 LBJ sent emissaries to Ho Chi Minh with an offer that LBJ and the USA would do a Tennessee Valley-type thing in Nam, and help the people improve their country. [Typical liberal 'if-there's-a-problem-throw-money-at-it-and-it-will-go-away policy!] Ho Chi Minh turned the offer down, telling LBJ 'Get the fuck out of our country!'
Of course Landslide Lyndon was enraged by this answer to his generosity!! So at the next Cabinent meeting, LBJ told the story, getting madder and madder as he told it. Finally, a raving LBJ, with the entire Cabinent there, unzipped his pants, whipped out his 'Johnson', and bellowed, 'DOES HO CHI MINH HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS? DOES HO CHI MINH HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS??'

And Trent Lott IS a bozo!
12-23-02 10:46 AM
sirmoonie I've heard of playing the race-card, but Lott-geek may just be the first person of prominence to play the Christian-card.

Ladies and gentlemen, our latest group of victims. The Christians.

A vast anti-Christian conspiracy, all set up to put the screws on Trent Lott.....couldn't have anything to do with his incredible streak of really stupid decisions. No way.
12-23-02 02:15 PM
Joey " LBJ was the most crooked Prez of the 20th Century, beating Tricky Dick and Slick Willie out by miles. LBJ also knew how to keep the lid on crooked dealings. "

<----- Damn Straight My Brother .............When he first became a Senator in 1948 , he was penniless . When he left the Presidency in January 1969 , he had a net worth of Sixty Million Dollars ( 1969 dollars ) and the " Johnson Foundation " had untold millions in its coffers .......My Hero !

I like the way you think little buddy ! Slick Willie and Tricky Dicky got caught and therefore had to pay the price .

Here is hoping Robert Caro does not die before he finishes the fourth and final volume on Lyndon ( I hear this one mentions the Rolling Stones by name )

" Hit Me Ronnie '

Joeyfly

Page: 1 2 3