ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Comeback of the Year? Return to archive
12-19-02 04:34 PM
KeepRigid Since everybody loves a good online poll, head over to Rollingstone.com, where they have got some great choices for 'Comeback of the Year'!

No, the Stones aren't in the poll, but do you really think they could compete with the likes of:

-Guns n Roses
-Nirvana
-Phish
-Bruce Springsteen

Surprisingly, Bruce is not as far ahead as you would expect and Guns n Roses is NOT in last place.

[Edited by KeepRigid]
12-19-02 04:36 PM
jb Why did they not include Stones? What douche bags.
12-19-02 04:37 PM
Moonisup guns and roses

will never come back
12-19-02 04:40 PM
F505 What about Plastic Bertrand? He made a fabulous comeback!
12-19-02 04:46 PM
Moonisup rudi carrel will quit
12-19-02 04:49 PM
F505 hahahaaaaa: Rudi quits but mark my words: he will make a fantastic comeback!
12-19-02 05:51 PM
RubyFriday Plastic Bertrand....lmao
12-19-02 06:01 PM
Nasty Habits
quote:
F505 wrote:
What about Plastic Bertrand? He made a fabulous comeback!

??????? �a Plane Pour Moi ?????????

Please elaborate . . .

Arthur Lee made a nice comeback this year.

You know, you can always come back, but you can't come back all the way.

12-19-02 06:10 PM
Boomhauer The Stones aren't on their because they actually are still a band, eventhough they don't hang around each other in their free time.

I also flipped through a People magazine and saw something that said "Who do you think still rocks hard?", and Axl Rose was the the winner with 60-70 percent of the votes casted.

Some people are stupid, uh huh huh huh. Axl is a fartknocker, uh huh huh huh, and Bono, uh huh huh huh huh huh huh......he's a choad, uh huh huh huh huh!

Yeah, yeah, yeah, heh heh heh! You said "fart", eh heh heh heh hem heh!

Sorry about that!

12-20-02 01:02 AM
Angiegirl Saw piece of Guns 'n Roses on MTV, Axel couldn't be heard...It was afwul.
12-20-02 01:15 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! The Stones are not on a come back, they never went away to begin with!
12-20-02 06:13 AM
F505 Most of them come backers are profiteers. Remember the Sex Pistols, Supertramp, Eagles, Doe Maar (dutch band who was once loved by teens), etc. They make one tour and than disappear with pockets ful of dollars, pounds or guilders. No passion involved.
12-20-02 10:15 AM
Factory Girl Guns & Roses cancelled their tour. Is that a succesful come-back?? Those folks at ROlling Stone are smoking crack. Btw, if Axl was skinny, the tour would have had more success. US was not ready for chubby Axl.
12-20-02 10:53 AM
Joey Where are the Stones and The Who ( THE TWO ) ??????????
12-20-02 10:55 AM
jb The who grossed about 30 millin Joey..John could have smoked a lot of crack and had plenty more hookers..Life is a bitch and then you die.
[Edited by jb]
12-20-02 11:15 AM
F505 Raymond van Barneveld aka Barney wil make a grandiose comeback: onehundredandeeeeeiiiiiiiiiighty
12-20-02 11:43 PM
Flip the Switch Axl Rose sucks. He always has and always will. the only good thing about G&R was Slash, and he wisely left. Guns and Roses hasnt made a comeback. They've just gone on tour. Chicago had a top 40 album for the first time in 13 years! THey did a lot more than any of those guys except Nirvana, who didn't even play together, they just released a compilation with an awesome new track. The Stones can't make a comeback. They didn't go away! They never have, and only will when they chose to.
12-21-02 03:19 AM
Fiji Joe Who's Axyl?
12-21-02 05:39 AM
Pants Make the Man
quote:
Boomhauer wrote:
I also flipped through a People magazine and saw something that said "Who do you think still rocks hard?", and Axl Rose was the the winner with 60-70 percent of the votes casted.

Thats fixed, is the only way I can explain it. Axl is a screeching toad. Listening to him makes my ears bleed.
12-21-02 07:21 AM
Street Fighting Man It was a bummer that John Entwistle died. He was an incredible bass player. I don't know the full circumstances leading up to his heart condition, but if his doctor advised him not to tour with The Who in the first place, what the heck was he thinking using a drug that effects your heart rate?
12-21-02 07:47 AM
Poplar
Best comeback:
Phish - hands down. Best band on the planet (thought not necessarily my favorite).

And I thought the "Guns & Roses" tour was just Axle and some posers. Doesn't he just own the name of the band?
Who cares. They suck anyways.
12-21-02 06:38 PM
Gazza >No, the Stones aren't in the poll, but do you really think they could compete with the likes of:

-Guns n Roses
-Nirvana
-Phish
-Bruce Springsteen
Surprisingly, Bruce is not as far ahead as you would expect and Guns n Roses is NOT in last place.

What ten year old musically backward moron compiled or voted for this shortlist? How could Nirvana "Come back"? Isn't Cobain still dead? A record label putting out a "greatest hits" package counts as a "comeback" these days?
Besides, Elvis' comeback was better!!

...and how can anyone "come back" when they never went away to begin with? A working band taking a couple of years off the road hardly qualifies as a disappearing act. Springsteen & The E-Street Band did a 15 month world tour in 1999-2000 which was followed in 2001 by a high selling live record. Where's the comeback? Maybe theyre only talking about making albums. In which case,I guess the Stones and the Who would hardly qualify.

My personal choice for "comeback of the year" would be our friend Ronald D. Wood. Back from the dead almost literally and in the best form of his Stones career. The most pleasing aspect of anything to do with the Stones in 2002.

Album of the year : Bruce, narrowly ahead of "By the Way" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Havent stopped listenin' to it since L.A.

Man Of The Year : Warren Zevon. Talk about grace under fire and checkin' out with style and humour.