ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The coolest header ever! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
12-19-02 02:55 PM
jb F505..you cut out of your profile....that hurts....
12-19-02 04:29 PM
jaggergurl That is the Let It Bleed cake, isn't it??
12-19-02 04:31 PM
jb Yes.....released in 1969.
[Edited by jb]
12-19-02 04:34 PM
CS It was released in 1969 not in 1968
12-19-02 04:38 PM
F505 released in 68 and eaten in 69
12-19-02 04:44 PM
nankerphelge So, I need to know - did any other Stones boards get hand-drawn "Long Live" cards from RW?

If the answer to that is "no", then it would appear that RO has a special place in Ronnie's mind/heart! And how could it not -- this is by far the most entertaining place going. Seriously, how many of us check RO first thing when they get on-line??

My hand is up!

How many people swing by here at least a dozen times per day?

Mine is up again (the hand that is!)

How many people sweat blood if they can't "board up" at least once a day?

Still up!!

Okay, so if RW finds us that entertaining, then I think it is safe to assume that he can convince the rest of the band that RO should have its own private gig!

HINT FUCKING HINT, RONNIE!!

There has got to be some room on that 747 for us crazies -- we want to party down under with SIA and Co.!!

Either that or Mustique!!

Is that so much to ask??

[Edited by nankerphelge]
12-19-02 04:47 PM
F505 "it is safe to assume that he can convince the rest of the band that RO should have its own private gig!"

Ronnie, when you give them an inch they will take an ell
12-19-02 04:50 PM
Moonisup Yes nanky

everything happens at RO

Doug is great, but a bit, isolation a bit the foreign politics of the 1930-ies

RO is much opener
12-19-02 04:55 PM
sirmoonie I still want the dish on how this went down. Was it on the up and up? Were middlemen involved? Where is the original?
12-19-02 04:56 PM
BOBM The three of you are great people. It's not surprising that you get recognition like this.

Bob
12-19-02 04:57 PM
Moonisup good question

jaxx gazza ore voodoo are a bit quiet! still under drugs I think, must be after this reward for their work
12-19-02 05:00 PM
Fiji Joe Kick ass...Damnit!...Now I have to go and buy one of Ronnie solo albums...
12-19-02 05:04 PM
Pants Make the Man The Big-3 are staying mum. Man, its the RiffMaster's birthday, but we got the best gift of all!

"I told you Ronnie was cool, fool!"
12-19-02 05:16 PM
sirmoonie Poor Ronnie, having to read all that tripe by the Taylorites and other seditious communists.

But even then, he was willing to give us all this gift. Thats just the kind of guy Ronald Wendall Wood is.

"God bless you Ronnie, Ronnie!"
12-19-02 05:38 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Alright Unholy Trinity...

You've been quiet about this!

I swear, Gazza, if you're out at Ronnie's place and he doesn't have a computer and that's why...

Curses forever!

And then eternal love!

And then curses forever!

And then eternal love!

So seriously you guys, how did this come about? Who asked him? The speech bubble looks pretty big - did he just do a bunch with a uniform speech bubble and then sign a bunch to people who wanted 'em at Keith's party? If that's so, who's our new best friend who got it for us?

-tSYX --- He's a far east maaaaaaaan...
12-19-02 05:40 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

There has got to be some room on that 747 for us crazies -- we want to party down under with SIA and Co.!!

that would be cool nanker...btw, have you receieved any unusual correspondence at your office lately...
12-19-02 05:44 PM
nankerphelge Yeah I got it yesterday -- thanks for the kind thoughts. And I loved the avatar as a watermark!!

SIA told me that based on the YOTI pics, I didn't look at all like he pictured -- he expected me to look more "sensible" (I think that was the word) -- but that I look like a "party animal"

You are not the first to make that observation my friend.
I am a Nolte in progress!!

12-19-02 05:50 PM
stonedinaustralia cool nanker - have a good christmas -
12-19-02 05:56 PM
nankerphelge I'm trying, but it is not a particularly Merry one this year -- lots of sicknesses in the nank household have screwed up the plans. Plus, the case I am on has recently taken a series of ugly turns and still we have no schedule for next month. Although I have tentatively made plans to work with an expert in Boston on January 10th -- hmmmmmmmm -- wonder what could be cooking in Boston that weekend......

Anyhow, have a great one yourself!

12-19-02 06:03 PM
Nellcote Yes! Pats in the playoffs, Nanky at Sully's, Stones at the Fleet!!!

See you there!
[Edited by Nellcote]
12-19-02 06:04 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
I have tentatively made plans to work with an expert in Boston on January 10th -- hmmmmmmmm -- wonder what could be cooking in Boston that weekend......

Mwahahahahahahaha....

Oh man... it's gonna be killer.

I think I'm going to make a poster out of this header and bring it to the Boston show.

I just gots to know how you got it, unholiest of unholy!

-tSYX --- Ooh la la...
12-19-02 06:05 PM
Nasty Habits That cake really is the funniest thing I've ever seen Ronnie draw.

Quite the event for our hosts, no? I, too, die to know the story.

Auspicious.

That's what it is.

Auspicious.
12-19-02 06:05 PM
parmeda SIA...Nank's a cute little soul, isn't he?
12-19-02 06:06 PM
stonedinaustralia thanx, i will - really looking forward to a break - i'm starting to feel like a candidate for the nut-house (if i wasn't already)

hope everything at home and work sorts it self out soon-wouldn't like to think anything would put a dampner on the usual nakerphelge high spirits
12-19-02 06:07 PM
stonedinaustralia yes he is pam...and you are a lovely one...cheers
12-19-02 06:08 PM
nankerphelge Aw shucks -- I'm fucking blushing!!

12-19-02 06:11 PM
parmeda Thank you M ...have a great Holiday yourself hon...

Nank...need any mascara to go with that blush?
12-19-02 06:26 PM
nankerphelge Actually, now that you mention it, I had a bit of a reaction to my old stand by -- the old Maybelline "Pink and Green." Very troublesome as Great Lash has been one of my favs for years now. Guess I'll have to switch to Almay or one of the other hypoallergenics. But I don't generally go for such Revlon products!!

12-19-02 06:32 PM
parmeda Nank...I need a bottle of wine. It's been a long day hon...
12-19-02 06:35 PM
nankerphelge Yeah baby! You like them I-talian reds? Try Santa Cristina -- from Tuscany honey!!! MMMmmmmm -- I'm bustin' a bottle myself tonite!!

And I have a freshly rolled after-dinner mint with my name all over it!!

I'm starting to drool just thinking about it! Could be a Nolte looking for a place to happen!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5