ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Waterboys Return to archive
12-18-02 02:35 PM
sasca Mike Scott is a poet, howling at the moon, murmuring to a lover. 'I wish I was a fisherman/tumbling on the sea...with light in my head/you in my arms.'

Is anyone else here a fan? You should be.
12-18-02 02:46 PM
egon hole in the moon (whole of the moon)?

anyway, i like.

don't know anything else, but starting up my kazaa as we speak
12-18-02 02:47 PM
Moonisup
quote:
egon wrote:
hole in the moon (whole of the moon)?

anyway, i like.

don't know anything else, but starting up my kazaa as we speak

got one hole yeah first down from the neck
12-18-02 02:49 PM
egon i'll go with "whole of the moon"

rik, stop drinking
12-18-02 02:49 PM
sasca Start with 'This is the Sea' (the peak of the group's Big Music) or 'Fisherman's Blues' (the start of the group's folk phase. Think of a shimmering 'Factory Girl')

And yes, it is 'The Whole of the Moon'.
[Edited by sasca]
12-18-02 02:57 PM
Moonisup
quote:
egon wrote:
i'll go with "whole of the moon"

rik, stop drinking

I haven't drunk anything YET
12-18-02 02:59 PM
egon sasca, so far not bad. what would be a good album to download (greatest hits)?

btw,

was at a christmas dinner last night and one of my friends said that the eagles were great. (while do henley was singing boys of summer)
surely i'm mising something, cos the eagles suck
[Edited by egon]
12-18-02 03:05 PM
sasca Every track on those two albums is great and all the albums are worth listening to. A decent overview is 'The Whole of the Moon: the Music of Mike Scott and the Waterboys' although it leaves off many of the best tracks.
12-18-02 03:07 PM
egon ok. i thought it were just 2 songs and not album titles.
will have another go
12-18-02 08:05 PM
sasca THE GREAT GOD PAN IS ALIVE!
12-19-02 05:52 AM
gypsymofo60 Sasca, I can't think of the guys name, but the lead singer/guitarist from World Party, wasn't he a Waterboy originaly? And don't you think he sometimes sounds uncannily like a young Jagger?
12-19-02 09:10 AM
MannishBoy That's Karl Wallinger. He was originally the piano player in The Waterboys. Check out the song "Ship of Fools." Kinda reminds me of solo Jagger (the better stuff) rather than The Stones.
12-20-02 12:10 PM
sasca Yeah, he was an important member for a while, being a sounding board for Mike Scott as Steve Wickham was later.
12-20-02 12:11 PM
sasca Incidentally, 'World Party' is also a song on 'Fisherman's Blues'.
12-21-02 01:46 AM
Fiji Joe Mighty fine H20
12-21-02 05:38 AM
gypsymofo60
quote:
MannishBoy wrote:
That's Karl Wallinger. He was originally the piano player in The Waterboys. Check out the song "Ship of Fools." Kinda reminds me of solo Jagger (the better stuff) rather than The Stones.

That's the guy! Yeah! Ship Of Fools, that's the tune too! Also, he did a song back in '93 that talks about politicians being younger than the Stones. Mitsubishi use a song here in OZ, (I suppose everywhere), that sounds like this guy too, again I can't think of the songs title, anyone know the song I mean?