ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Olympiahalle -Munich September 28th, 1973
Michael Putlin

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Marseille on sale now Return to archive
12-18-02 03:30 AM
jumpinjackflash59 www.francebillet.com (in french only)
12-18-02 12:43 PM
egon and it still is...
12-18-02 12:45 PM
jb French shows have sold slower than the rest of Europe..Why Egon, why?
12-18-02 12:55 PM
egon I DON'T KNOW!
(Capital letters as expression of outrage)

The French used to love the boys
Especially in the 70s when it was one of the biggest stones countries in Europe
(Maybe even bigger than Holland)

Just so that you foreign people know;
Flying from London or Amsterdam to Marseille will only cost you abt 50 euros
12-18-02 12:57 PM
jb Is it a stadium show or arena?
12-18-02 01:01 PM
egon (football/"soccer")stadium. it holds 80.000
seen a match there, but never a concert.
people say it's great. it has no roof whatsoever, and it will be the middle of summer. sweeeeeet
[Edited by egon]
12-18-02 01:06 PM
jb Yes Egon...they played to 80l last time after they cancelled 2nd show..Then again, Bon Jovi opened and it was Mick's birthday..Dylan joined them on stage for the beginning of the 'Like a rolling stone" era..Unfortunately, if not sold out yet(as only 50k are now put on sale) expect a small crowd of about 34,500.
12-18-02 01:09 PM
egon as long as they'll show up and play it's good enough for me.

still, think i'll buy a ticket for barcelona as well.
sort of backup. and if all goes well i get to go twice.
12-18-02 03:13 PM
marcus aurelianus BERCY is sold out , so is the Olympia .
I think the Stade de France is selling well .
12-18-02 03:54 PM
jb Marcus..did you know that Neiman Marcus has it's own brand of luxury clothing under the "Marcus" label..Really good stuff!!
[Edited by jb]
12-19-02 04:07 AM
marcus aurelianus No , I didn't know JB ...
12-19-02 09:57 AM
Monkey Woman That's right, Marcus. The Paris shows have sold well, even Stade de France. There are still tickets available, but only the less interesting, behind the scene or at the far end of the stadium. Even if it doesn't sell out completely, it will be full at 90% or more. The same for Marseille, I hope!

Aniway, I'll be there! I got confirmation this morning that my payment has been taken into account and that a ticket for Gold area is mine!
See you in Marseille, Egon! I just realised that it'll be their first '03 show in France and they're beginning by our "Phocean city"! Cool...
12-19-02 10:48 AM
egon cool!

but what do you mean by gold area???

12-19-02 10:58 AM
jb Well they do Marcus..in fact, I have been doing a lot of holiday shopping at Neiman Marcus and you should be very proud of your name...quality and style..check their website.
[Edited by jb]
12-19-02 11:09 AM
Monkey Woman The gold or "carr� or" section is sited towards the front, within good sight of both the main and the B-stage. There's a plan here:
http://www.ticketnet.fr/shop/fr/manif.asp?IdManif=42138&formule=&sid=CHHCWWRK9EBM8MR49Q1AB8AK0PWE7421
12-19-02 11:30 AM
jb How many Euros..300?=
12-19-02 11:48 AM
Monkey Woman No, jb... It's 120 Euros for gold. There's also some very good seats for 85 Euros (category 1). The best place to buy is probably:
http://www.francebillet.com/
They allow you to see the location of the seats you're booking before completing the transaction.
12-19-02 12:36 PM
egon HOLD ON!!!

are you telling me that it does not work like
who gets in 1st can get in the front area?
(this is the way it works in holland)

i got field tickets, but i can't get to the stage????

where did you buy these gold tickets?
12-19-02 12:39 PM
egon just looke at the plan and got it now.
the golden thing is somewhere else and not of interest to me. too far away. can't believe you would pay 120 euros for that. i don't like seats at all. i NEED to stand in front of that stage!
[Edited by egon]
12-19-02 01:13 PM
jb It's only 120 dollars Egon..thats a steal!!!
12-19-02 01:17 PM
egon eur 51.50 and i will be right in front of the stage.
(granted, i will have to show up at 0800hrs in the morning)
12-19-02 01:29 PM
jb 1 Euro is roughly 1 American dollar? OUI?
12-19-02 02:25 PM
erikjjf Roughly.
12-19-02 03:02 PM
jb So, the most expensive ticket is around 300...least expensive 50 dollars...
12-19-02 03:37 PM
Monkey Woman Egon, I understand how you feel about standing in front of the stage. In fact, I choosed precisely that category for Stade de France. But this will be my first Stones tour ever, and I'd also like to experience several kinds of seatings in different venues. Plus, Marseille will be for me the first show and I'd rather not be thrown in at the deep end
But I'll see you there I hope.
12-22-02 09:57 AM
egon bonjour.

so your doing paris & marseille? not bad!

who else is going to marseille btw?

12-22-02 12:55 PM
bedspringsonic Hi ! i think JB never goes to MARSEILLE , he speaks about the MONPELIER SHOW ,i saw the band in 90 in stade velodrome , great show and of course i got the cd, montpelier was so good cause the place was too bad , i also saw them twice in NICE 76 & 82 very great !!
i think the carr� d'or is good place but the gannay's one are relly cool for 84� it's really nice look from them , i know it cause i go to the soccer club N� 1 INTHE FRENCH CHAMPIONSHIP "OM" .of course i think lots of people went to see the and maybe it will the first sold out cause even people who understand nothing about Stones will be present , cause it's a fashion attitude !!
so JB read yu'r classic or listen to U2... but don't speak such like this of MARSEILLE OK!!!!
12-23-02 11:27 AM
egon jb, check out the "european tour dates" sticky.
i think you'll find some good news there...