ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Wolfgang's Vault" owner taken to court (NSC) Return to archive
19th December 2006 05:46 AM
Gazza Rockers fight merchandise website

Carlos Santana is among the acts trying to block sales on the website

The owner of a US memorabilia website has been taken to court by several rock groups, who claimed he sold vintage recordings and souvenirs illegally.

Grateful Dead Productions and Carlos Santana were joined by stars from Led Zeppelin and The Doors to bring the case against William Sagan.

They said they had not given permission for the sale of recordings, posters and photos on his site, Wolfgang's Vault.

Mr Sagan refused to comment, saying he had not been served with legal papers.

His online shop offers thousands of rare audio and video recordings of concerts and performances.

They were collected over a 30-year period by Bill Graham, a concert promoter who died in 1991.

Bob Weir (front right) said Mr Sagan had stolen the musicians' work

Mr Sagan bought his assets for $5 million (£2.6 million) from Clear Channel Entertainment three years ago.

However, he "simply doesn't have the legal rights to exploit and profit from the extraordinary success of these musicians", according to Jeff Reeves, who represents the acts in question.

Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead added: "We have never given permission for our images and material to be used in this way.

"He is stealing what is most important to us - our work, our images and our music - and is profiting from the goodwill of our fans."

The legal case, which is taking place in San Francisco, asks a judge to block any further sales, as well as awarding an unspecified level of damages and costs.

www.bbc.co.uk
19th December 2006 06:59 AM
Jumping Jack So has anyone figured out how to capture the streaming broadcasts?
19th December 2006 07:20 AM
glencar These musicians are their own worst enemas.
19th December 2006 07:32 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Too bad!

So take advantage of the slow speed these kind of processes use to take and go right now to the website, with many of the recordings from the legendary Bill Graham (Wolfgang Grajonca) that are available in two forms (1) Full concerts and (2) Vault Radio, the first has full shows available in whole and for free and the second are selected songs from miscellaneous shows, many of them not available on the concerts data base

MAIN: http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/
CONCERTS: http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/Concerts.aspx?stype=all
VAULT RADIO: http://concerts.wolfgangsvault.com/player.aspx?type=radio&t=11_2_6_30
19th December 2006 08:12 AM
Philip
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
So has anyone figured out how to capture the streaming broadcasts?

Yes. :P
19th December 2006 10:24 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
So has anyone figured out how to capture the streaming broadcasts?

What I do is record directly to CD or tape or even the audio of a VHS as I have my computer connested to my amplifier
19th December 2006 10:46 AM
gimmekeef I knew this was too good to last....Watch for the site to go down soon under a cease and desist court order..Free speach being what it is these days.....Legally though I believe the artists have a valid argument....
19th December 2006 10:47 AM
Jumacfly Bastards!!!
remind me how they want to kill youtube.
If you don t know it already this wolfgang's vault is a great website!!
19th December 2006 12:06 PM
GotToRollMe What a shame. Such a great site.
19th December 2006 12:07 PM
lotsajizz The problem appears to be they tried to SELL stuff without permission which is an elemental no-no. Maybe they should stick to streaming.
19th December 2006 01:01 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I don't see where in the website they sell music or videos, it's all for free, and the stuff for sale are posters from Bill Graham's personal collection, t-shirts, etc so they are giving the music for free top the fans and the stuff they own for sale. Some pictures are from photgraphers that authorized the site to sell them

I think it will stay for a long time as a free radio station and the concerts
19th December 2006 01:18 PM
monkey_man I don't think the musicians have a leg to stand on when it comes to Sagan selling the posters on his website. Those were created by BGP to promote the shows.
19th December 2006 01:30 PM
Riffhard I knew this shit was gonna happen once the site hit the pages of that shit rag magazine Rolling Stone. They have been recieving a huge amount of hits since the blurb appeared in Jann's piece of shit. Thanks for that ya cocksmokin' turdburgler!

Riffy
19th December 2006 02:15 PM
GotToRollMe LOL..Riffy, guess yer not too fond of Jann eh?

19th December 2006 04:17 PM
glencar No shit! LOL
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)