ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bono in Washington D.C. Return to archive
15th December 2006 01:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels BONO LOBBIES US CONGRESS

Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2006-12-15 13:57:19 -

U2 frontman BONO met with members of the US Congress this week (begs11DEC06) in a bid to promote his campaign against AIDS and poverty.

The ONE singer scheduled a meeting with Democrat leaders, who control Congress, in Washington DC to garner financial support. A statement from Congress reads, "Speaker-designate NANCY PELOSI and incoming Majority Leader HARRY REID met with Bono to discuss the importance of increased funding for global AIDS and poverty initiatives." BONO visited the White House earlier this year (06) to lobby President GEORGE W BUSH to pledge support for his altruistic campaign against world poverty and disease.

15th December 2006 01:54 PM
nankerphelge If he were to start a campaign to wipe out talentless retards with Messiah complexes, I might donate!
15th December 2006 02:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
If he were to start a campaign to wipe out talentless retards with Messiah complexes, I might donate!

[Edited by Gazza]
15th December 2006 02:55 PM
gimmekeef I'm lobbying myself...to change the "N" in his name to a "Z".......
15th December 2006 03:03 PM
Jumping Jack Bono - KEEP YOUR F'ING HANDS OFF MY MONEY!!!
15th December 2006 03:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels PELOSI & BONO

15th December 2006 03:40 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:

[Edited by Gazza]

Unfortunately, it's hard to say he's talentless. Or a least at one time he was quite talented. That being said, what a fucking freak!
15th December 2006 09:11 PM
glencar
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
PELOSI & BONO

Bono should start rallying against bad Botox...
16th December 2006 07:03 AM
corgi37 When the hypocrite take U2's money out of the same scheme the Stones have, the same tax dodge i mean, then i will respect him.
16th December 2006 02:08 PM
Taptrick
His political work is more about his self esteem than anything else.

16th December 2006 03:25 PM
gimmekeef Yup..if he really cared about his fellow men...then he'd fuck off......
16th December 2006 04:26 PM
Taptrick
Or do the work without requiring the limelight and the credit. I had an uncle that passed away in the early 90s. In his day, he gave hundreds of thousands to charity in St. Louis and organized educational and fund rasising efforts. He could easily have manipulated things to have been covered on the society pages, headlines, wings named in his honor - but the reality was most of his friends never even knew he did it. I see a different motivation for Bono. It's internal.

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)