ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rod Stewart - Top 5 Songs/Solo Return to archive
13th December 2006 09:30 PM
sweetcharmedlife No faces stuff. JUst Rod solo.

1.Mandolin Wind
2.I Was Only Joking
3.Every Picture Tells a Story
4.The Balltrap
5.Cut Across Shorty
13th December 2006 09:35 PM
mojoman young turks
13th December 2006 09:54 PM
LastChild (i know) im losing you
13th December 2006 09:56 PM
time is on my side True Blue
Handbags & Gladrags
Every Picture Tells A Story
Italian Girls
Madolin Wind
13th December 2006 11:37 PM
sweetcharmedlife
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
True Blue
Handbags & Gladrags
Every Picture Tells A Story
Italian Girls
Madolin Wind

OK, 3 out of 5 ain't bad. But what are True Blue and Italian Girls from?
14th December 2006 01:05 AM
glencar Baby Jane
My Heart Can't Tell Me No
Street Fighting Man
It's All Over Now
Miss Judy's Farm
14th December 2006 02:58 AM
The Wick Reason to Believe
Tomorrow is Such a Long Time
Baby Jane- pop shite, but I've always loved it
People Get Ready- could have been much better, but his voice and Jeff Beck's playing carry it
The First Cut is the Deepest
Every Picture Tells a Story

Most are obviously covers because he can't write much to save his life but I've always loved these songs. He's still one of the biggest dickheads in music.
14th December 2006 03:11 AM
Honky Tonk Man Maggie May
You Wear It Well
Baby Jane
Hot Legs (Is this Rod??)
Do Ya Think I'm Sexy

These are the only Rod songs I know!
14th December 2006 03:58 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Hot Legs
Baby Jane
Downtown Train
Young Turks
You Wear It Well
14th December 2006 09:07 PM
time is on my side
quote:
sweetcharmedlife wrote:

OK, 3 out of 5 ain't bad. But what are True Blue and Italian Girls from?

Never A Dull Moment. Rod's last great album & a personal favorite. Sadly, it's an all but forgotten album today. A real gem. It's right up there with his other great albums like The Rod Stewart album, Gasoline Alley, and Every Picture Tells A Story. In fact, I like it slightly better than those. If you haven't listened to it, get it today. You'll like it- guaranteed to satisfy (at least I think it will).

Edited for spelling

[Edited by time is on my side]
15th December 2006 12:07 AM
glencar Does anyone have that "Unplugged...and Seated" CD? Is it worth getting?
15th December 2006 01:17 AM
Brainbell Jangler
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Never A Dull Moment. The Rod Stewart album, Gasoline Alley, and Every Picture Tells A Story.

Rod's "Big Four."
15th December 2006 05:19 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
Does anyone have that "Unplugged...and Seated" CD? Is it worth getting?

yes it is, as you can find a second hand cd.
nice album with a few gems with Ronnie.
Some song sucks too....classic with Rod the mod
15th December 2006 06:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge The do a great version of Maggie May on that unplugged cd. Ronnie really smokes on it.

If I recall correctly, he does a pretty good version of "Tonights the night".

I saw Rod a few years back when he was filming "An audience with..." for ITV. I was looking forward to hearing him sing live and in a relatively confined space, because I had been told how powerful his voice is. But I was let down by his performance.

He dueted with Emma Bunton on "Tonights the Night" and he also duetted with Mick Hucknall. I was pleasantly suprised by just how good a singer Mick Hucknall is. Ok, he is a prize ginger wanker, but fuck can that man belt out a song!
15th December 2006 07:38 AM
no night together 5 including faces and all ?

1) debris
2) my way of giving
3) the killing of george
4) stay with me
5) nobody knows

15th December 2006 09:05 PM
glencar
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
The do a great version of Maggie May on that unplugged cd. Ronnie really smokes on it.

If I recall correctly, he does a pretty good version of "Tonights the night".

I saw Rod a few years back when he was filming "An audience with..." for ITV. I was looking forward to hearing him sing live and in a relatively confined space, because I had been told how powerful his voice is. But I was let down by his performance.

He dueted with Emma Bunton on "Tonights the Night" and he also duetted with Mick Hucknall. I was pleasantly suprised by just how good a singer Mick Hucknall is. Ok, he is a prize ginger wanker, but fuck can that man belt out a song!

I've always liked Hucknall's voice. As for him being a "wanker" we don't know him well enough over here.
15th December 2006 09:12 PM
TomL It's a good CD.

Maggie
U wear it well
Handbags
Every pic
Stay with me

I am still trying to find Alantic crossing on CD.

I bought Terri a tix as a stocking stuffer for Jan 26th here in DC.
[Edited by TomL]
15th December 2006 09:16 PM
glencar Tommy me boy...

http://www.amazon.com/Atlantic-Crossing-Rod-Stewart/dp/B00004Y6O1/ref=pd_sim_m_5/002-1984853-5321652
15th December 2006 09:30 PM
sirmoonie I'm a damn fan - some great tunes listed - Leave Virginia Alone being prominently missing (interestingly, written by T. Petty). You Wear It Well, also.
15th December 2006 09:39 PM
full moon Tonights The Night, You Wear It Well, Young Turks, People Get Ready, I'm Losing You.......
15th December 2006 10:10 PM
Paranoid_Android I always liked YOUNG TURKS and BABY JANE...the duet w/ Jeff Beck doing PEOPLE GET READY...and HOT LEGS as well as DO YA THINK I'M SEXY...I kid you not!
[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
16th December 2006 06:20 AM
rocker she wont dance with me
16th December 2006 06:44 AM
Voodoo Scrounge
quote:
rocker wrote:
she wont dance with me

Maybe your breathe smells?
[Edited by Voodoo Scrounge]
16th December 2006 08:01 PM
no night together paranoid android, I do believe you. I even like the metal-funky rif of some guys have all the luck. normally I am not that disco oriented, but rod sometimes is another story. do you think is great, just to name one, baby jane either. remaining on those days I rate some of foolish behaviour like somebody special, better off dead, going a little bit back: let me be your car.
16th December 2006 08:17 PM
Erik_Snow True Blue
Sweet Little Rock'n Roller
Twistin' THe Night Away
You Wear It Well
Mama, You've Been On My Mind
Reason To Believe

[Edited by Erik_Snow]
17th December 2006 01:50 AM
sammy davis jr. Mandolin Wind
True Blue
Reason To Believe
Italian Girls
Every Picture Tell A Story
17th December 2006 04:23 PM
Taptrick

You're Insane
Gasoline Alley
Country Comforts
That's All You Need
Lost Paraguayos

Shots of cover and back from tralfaz-archives.com (good web site). Web site comments on the album:

"Notes: Believe it or not kiddies there was a time when Rod was God. Well, not THE God, but A god anyway. He and his mates would down a pint or two and knock out just smashing renditions of tunes by Jagger/Richard, Pete Townshend, Sam Cooke or Elton John for that matter. This is a great collection of pre-"Do Ya Think I'm Disco" Rod and the man deserves his due. A gravel voiced pub crawler with some talented friend is how I'd like to remember him. The clever die-cut cover in the shape of a whiskey glass and liner photos capture the mood of the day. Ah, laddie, when ya comin' back? While not listed on the cover his band was always comprised of ex-Small Faces and future Rolling Stones and Who members. A good time was had by all."

I loved the cover of Sing It Again Rod. Inside liner had some cool shots too. Comments from the photographer, Steve Azzara, also taken from tralfaz-archives.com, "These photos were from a great show - a typical Faces show with many wine bottles left behind in the dressing rooms. I had lied my way into a backstage pass, shot the photos, and then went to work after the show - I was working the midnight shift in a photo lab. In the morning I drove to Manhattan - woke up Rod - still don’t know what I was thinking other than, “he should really see these pictures”. He liked them - gave me Peter’s phone number and the number of his hotel in Roanoke, Virginia and told me to let him know if I had made contact with Peter. His plane was late, but he returned my call when he got in. I was 17 and hanging outside with my friends when my mother called me and very calmly yelled “Rod Stewart is on the phone” giving me instant “The Man” status, (lol). I got paid $200 to $250. - don’t remember exactly. I spent it all on copies of the album to give to friends and relatives. It was the first professional work I had ever done. I’m still a photographer today, but it is never as much fun as it was back then."

17th December 2006 06:17 PM
glencar In a related note, Rod has added a 3rd MSG show. He's outselling the Stones at this point???
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)