ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ahmet Ertegun in deep coma Return to archive
12th December 2006 01:22 PM
Jeep From the Post Chronicle :

Ahmet Ertegun, Atlantic Records Co-Founder, In Deep Coma
By Staff
Dec 12, 2006

http://www.postchronicle.com/news/original/article_21253953.shtml

Atlantic Records co-founder Ahmet Ertegun is critically ill in a coma, following his fall at a Rolling Stones concert on 29 October (06).
The record label issued a statement last month (Nov06) saying the 83-year-old music mogul was recovering well from his brain injury, but denied he was in a coma.

However, his neurosurgeon Doctor Howard Riina at the Weill Cornell Medical Center in New York, says Ertegun is seriously ill.

Riina says, "(He) sustained a severe brain injury after a fall. He's in a deep coma and in critical condition. His chance of a meaningful recovery is small."

When asked by the Reuters news agency if Ertegun would continue to receive life support, Riina said, "It's not clear at this point. He remains critically ill. He's still very sick."

Turkish-born Ertegun founded Atlantic Records with Herb Abramson in 1947, which launched the careers of Ray Charles, Led Zeppelin and Aretha Franklin.

12th December 2006 02:07 PM
texile sad to hear that...
he's always been part of the stones story.
12th December 2006 02:08 PM
lotsajizz that is so awful....

12th December 2006 02:19 PM
Fiji Joe There is hope...extended life may just be one dead Ukranian baby away...fingers crossed?...anyone?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/6171083.stm
12th December 2006 02:36 PM
Sir Stonesalot Dude's old.
12th December 2006 03:55 PM
Martha What a cool way to go,( at the Stones Beacon Theater gig).....if he's going and it sounds like he is. I'd be happy about that if it were me.
13th December 2006 05:10 PM
Bitch
quote:
Martha wrote:
What a cool way to go,( at the Stones Beacon Theater gig).....if he's going and it sounds like he is. I'd be happy about that if it were me.

Nice thought and very true, considering he was with the STONES in the beginning, and up until the very end. You could say he's going out with A Bigger Bang. No disrespect intended.
13th December 2006 11:12 PM
sammy davis jr. Maybe it will be in the "bonus" material of the DVD. Does it seem to anyone else that death follows the Stones everywhere they go?
13th December 2006 11:19 PM
moy

mick with jann wenner & ahmet ertegun
13th December 2006 11:30 PM
sweetcharmedlife Man. you are some sick motherfuckers.
[Edited by sweetcharmedlife]
14th December 2006 02:51 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Martha wrote:
What a cool way to go,( at the Stones Beacon Theater gig).....if he's going and it sounds like he is. I'd be happy about that if it were me.

I wouldn't like it too much if I was one of the Stones...
14th December 2006 09:46 AM
glencar I wouldn't blame the Stones. Bubba Clintoon is well-known as having people in his vicinity suddenly take a turn for the worse.
14th December 2006 08:02 PM
mac_daddy r.i.p.
14th December 2006 08:40 PM
sammy davis jr. Dude lived a good life....
15th December 2006 06:45 PM
tookthatname R.I.P. Ahmet

@>----
[Edited by tookthatname]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)