ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: BC Stadium, Vancouver, November 25...setlist, reviews, pics Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
27th November 2006 10:26 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
jaggergurl wrote:
VANCOUVER IS GETTING A THREE KEEF SONG SET TONIGHT!!!

WOW!!

YGTS
SLIPPING AWAY
CONNECTION!!!

WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!

awesome!
27th November 2006 12:59 PM
gustavobala when ronnie gonna sing just one music with stones?
27th November 2006 02:00 PM
FotiniD
quote:
gustavobala wrote:
when ronnie gonna sing just one music with stones?

Oh, I'd love that! Ronnie's husky voice and the Stones behind it... It'd be great for them to take a 'chance' like that, mix things up a bit. If only they were a little bolder!
28th November 2006 12:06 AM
Rizollin This show was the first time I'd seen the Stones live in my young life. Wow. I've been slightly down since the show, I think it's because I've never had such a good time in my life, and I've realised how everything else in my life right now can't compare. I envy all of you who have experienced this more than once.

Thanks to the Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band in the World.

Thanks to Bonnie Raitt, I'm sorry I was buying overpriced souvineirs during your set. Shine A Light was a truly out out of body experience.

Thanks to Bill for Driving.

Thanks to Jeff for buying the tickets while I was at work. (even though you couldn't get the tickets we wanted because Ticketmaster.ca was clogged, and you freaked out and purchased cheaper tickets)

Thank you BC Place and your waterdowned $7 beer.

Thanks to those old potheads sitting next to me who insisted I got ripped with them.

Thank you Artic air for causing snow to fall on us.

I'm still coming down from the show, and hope that I'll be
coming down again...sometime in the future
28th November 2006 05:10 AM
Gazza Nice post - surprised that was your first time. Didnt realise you were as young as that!
28th November 2006 10:12 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
Rizollin wrote:
This show was the first time I'd seen the Stones live in my young life. Wow. I've been slightly down since the show, I think it's because I've never had such a good time in my life, and I've realised how everything else in my life right now can't compare. I envy all of you who have experienced this more than once.

Thanks to the Greatest Rock 'n Roll Band in the World.

Thanks to Bonnie Raitt, I'm sorry I was buying overpriced souvineirs during your set. Shine A Light was a truly out out of body experience.

Thanks to Bill for Driving.

Thanks to Jeff for buying the tickets while I was at work. (even though you couldn't get the tickets we wanted because Ticketmaster.ca was clogged, and you freaked out and purchased cheaper tickets)

Thank you BC Place and your waterdowned $7 beer.

Thanks to those old potheads sitting next to me who insisted I got ripped with them.

Thank you Artic air for causing snow to fall on us.

I'm still coming down from the show, and hope that I'll be
coming down again...sometime in the future

Congratulations! You are now an official Stones junkie with a "Stones Jones!" What you're feeling now are the withdrawal pains that always happen when a tour is over. We're all going through it right about now. Really nice post, by the way. I hope you get to see them again sometime.
28th November 2006 11:40 AM
LadyJane "Thanks to those old potheads sitting next to me who insisted I got ripped with them."

Great review.

This line in particular makes me smile. Wonder what he considers "old"???

LJ.
28th November 2006 04:55 PM
Bitch
quote:
32-20 wrote:

When Keith was introduced he received a very loud, sustained ovation and he seemed genuinely moved. In fact I am now pretty certain that this was no mere showmanship on his part; he covered his face repeatedly and
soaked it up. There was real warmth in the stadium while the roar went on and on. It was a "moment".

Streets of Love went over very well. Keith was on stage and on acoustic with taste and class. He leaned over Ron's shoulder and told him "I love you" at one point, no doubt in mockery of Mick's lyrics. Mick worked it into overdrive at the end to put this one over.

Isn't it sweet that KEEF acts so humble when the crowd cheers him on? After all these years I think it surprises him how much he is loved by everyone, it's as if he thinks he doesn't deserve it or expect it. KEEF is so cool!

I read reports of KEEF joking around during SOL that night! I can just picture KEEF fooling around with RONNIE during SOL! LOL! KEEF is such a bad boy! He should not make fun of dear sweet lovable MICK JAGGER! Doesn't he know MICK hates that? Yes, and that's precisely why he does it, because he is the only one on earth who can get away with it and he knows it! LOL! I love it!
28th November 2006 05:01 PM
glencar At the Dublin show, Keith shadowed Mick for about a solid minute before Mick realized what was happening. Mick was NOT amused in the least.
29th November 2006 07:43 PM
Rizollin I'd say the "old potheads" were at least in their mid-fifties. No big deal considering who we were there for. Actually, I think one of them may have been a hobo. Now that's dedication.
29th November 2006 08:30 PM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:
At the Dublin show, Keith shadowed Mick for about a solid minute before Mick realized what was happening. Mick was NOT amused in the least.

29th November 2006 11:57 PM
GotToRollMe
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

I'm hearing the Bee Gee's singing "Ah, ah, ah, ah, stayin' alive, stayin' alive," in my head! Make it stop! Make it stop! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..............
1st December 2006 12:36 AM
glencar
quote:
SweetVirginia wrote:

What show is that photo from?
1st December 2006 06:26 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
glencar wrote:

I didn't know, but I've done some research and found that it appears to be from Sapporo '06. Here's another pic from that night, and everyone's the wardrobe matches:

[Edited by SweetVirginia]
1st December 2006 09:36 AM
glencar That is the oddest thing! I've never seen them do something like that before. I don't quite have GTRM's reaction but it is an odd sight.
[Edited by glencar]
1st December 2006 09:42 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
glencar wrote:

I usually go by Ronnie's shirt. Ya can't go by Mick, 'cause he has too many wardrobe changes.
1st December 2006 10:36 AM
glencar I wish I'd never seen that shot. It does seem rather "disco-y"!
1st December 2006 10:41 AM
GotToRollMe Well, as long as Voodoo doesn't make it a header, we should be okay...
1st December 2006 11:28 AM
SweetVirginia
quote:
GotToRollMe wrote:

I usually go by Ronnie's shirt. Ya can't go by Mick, 'cause he has too many wardrobe changes.

My research was also helped by Mick's dodgy red pants. He usually has those black ones on.

I thought the pic was kinda funny because it looks like Ronnie and Keith are imitating Mick behind his back.

1st December 2006 09:27 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
glencar wrote:
At the Dublin show, Keith shadowed Mick for about a solid minute before Mick realized what was happening. Mick was NOT amused in the least.

classic. did you eer see the sarstock video..? justin timberlake was shadowing mick like a puppy dog during miss you.

then someone threw something at timberlake, and it came close to keef, and he turned and started huffing and posturing. terrific comedy - simply surreal; that performance was SO much more enjoyable than the numerous, uninspired, tired cameos by dave matthews...

i am surprised lenny didnt rear his head once during this tour...

_____

quote:
glencar wrote:
I wish I'd never seen that shot.

qft

1st December 2006 10:26 PM
glencar Yes, I like Sarstock. That was released commercially. Keef was pretty pissed.
2nd December 2006 10:33 AM
GotToRollMe What's the title of the official release, Glenny? This sounds like one I should have.
2nd December 2006 03:26 PM
glencar Toronto Rocks. If you want me to copy it for you, Pm me...
2nd December 2006 03:27 PM
glencar here's an amazon link...

http://www.amazon.com/Toronto-Rocks-Rolling-Stones/dp/B00025ETKU/sr=1-1/qid=1165091242/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-1984853-5321652?ie=UTF8&s=dvd
5th December 2006 11:58 PM
GotToRollMe Thanks!
16th December 2006 02:16 PM
BlindedByRainbows. This was an awesome concert
I was proud to be there
It was actually my first concert..
But i've seen shows before
a Lazer show (Summer of Love)
and a Beatles Tribute (Rain)
But this was my first real concert
And i was proud that the rolling stones
were my first concert.
And
MY FAVORITE BAND
haha.
Yes..
16th December 2006 02:20 PM
BlindedByRainbows. Testing
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)