ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Merry Christmas everyone!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ROLLING STONES NEW YEAR'S EVE 2008 Return to archive
16th December 2007 01:49 AM
Dreamtime Yes it can happen if we get fans to commit to 10,000 tix @ $500 USD.

Please email [email protected]
with your name/email/how many tix

16th December 2007 03:09 AM
pdog Nothing wrong with smoking pot, but don't post the stuff you make pretend of when you do.
16th December 2007 06:19 AM
GotToRollMe *douchesneeze*
16th December 2007 09:54 AM
glencar Odd duck...
16th December 2007 11:45 AM
Gazza
quote:
Dreamtime wrote:
Yes it can happen if we get fans to commit to 10,000 tix @ $500 USD.

Nice idea, but with a gross of $5 million, I seriously doubt the Stones - a band who NEVER play shows during the holiday season - would even get out of bed for that amount, let alone abandon their holidays to rehearse and play a one off show in the Caribbean
16th December 2007 11:52 AM
fireontheplatter lc was riding high last night
16th December 2007 04:23 PM
Dreamtime
quote:
pdog wrote:
Nothing wrong with smoking pot, but don't post the stuff you make pretend of when you do.

I graduated college with honors but I don't understand what you're saying?

Could it be you just like to talk sh*t?
16th December 2007 04:24 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Nice idea, but with a gross of $5 million, I seriously doubt the Stones - a band who NEVER play shows during the holiday season - would even get out of bed for that amount, let alone abandon their holidays to rehearse and play a one off show in the Caribbean

also, this show is not necessary to win gross. For Five Million....not a chance.
16th December 2007 04:25 PM
Dreamtime
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I can't help the fact that you are negative or maybe never created something yourself, but if you think it's a 'nice' idea, then help get it done!
16th December 2007 05:00 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dreamtime wrote:

I can't help the fact that you are negative or maybe never created something yourself, but if you think it's a 'nice' idea, then help get it done!

The criticism was against the Stones - not you (like I said ,its a nice idea). But if you youre going to react to a constructive comment by being obnoxious about it and getting personal, then good luck finding 10,000 Stones fans who'll give you their money.

'Help get it done'? In terms of buying into it - thanks, but no. The days of me flying across the Atlantic and then still having to pay $500 for a concert ticket to hear a show of warhorses are over, I'm afraid. Feel free to advertise it here, however, if that "helps".

[Edited by Gazza]
16th December 2007 06:06 PM
tumbled Hi Larry. I know you and your intentions are good and I think we are all broke that's all.. Happy Holidays!

I never had anything against you.

16th December 2007 06:34 PM
Gazza Just to clarify on Dreamtime's behalf - that this proposal is for 31/12/08, not 31/12/07.
[Edited by Gazza]
16th December 2007 06:39 PM
Dreamtime
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The criticism was against the Stones - not you (like I said ,its a nice idea). But if you youre going to react to a constructive comment by being obnoxious about it and getting personal, then good luck finding 10,000 Stones fans who'll give you their money.

'Help get it done'? In terms of buying into it - thanks, but no. The days of me flying across the Atlantic and then still having to pay $500 for a concert ticket to hear a show of warhorses are over, I'm afraid. Feel free to advertise it here, however, if that "helps".

[Edited by Gazza]

I know you have a big mouth everywhere and you like to feel that you are the last word in knowledge, but you really need to read better and stop assuming facts.

I'm glad you are not the type to fly 'across' the Atlantic. You would not add to the beauty or enjoyment of any place on earth.

The proposed ticket cost is for CHARITY. I don't want any of the money and I don't expect to be part of any finances related to the proposed benefit concert. If you have the time to post all your nonsense, you have the time to earn some extra money for a good cause. If not, you wouldn't be missed!

Don't assume only 'warhorses' would be played. You might as well not go to any more Stones shows! I see a special set of acoustic and reggae music with special guests joining them onstage like Toots with Keith performing Pressure Drop like they just re-released. Then an intermission, followed by a rockin' show leading to Midnight and Fireworks!!!

Oh by the way, where was that 'constructive' criticism????
[Edited by Dreamtime]
16th December 2007 06:53 PM
Gazza Dont be such a fucking asshole. Youre obviously incapable of any sort of discussion without getting personal and rude.

I'm being lectured by you about the 'beauty' of anything amd having a 'big mouth'. That's funny. Plus, I've never considered myself an authority on anything 'knowledgable' - feel free to find somewhere where I have.

Constructive ? I said it was a 'nice idea' but the drawback was the Stones themselves.

The Charity equation doesnt come into it. The time of year - historically - and their reluctance to play shows outside the 'umbrella' of a tour isnt favourable.

"Don't assume only 'warhorses' would be played. You might as well not go to any more Stones shows! I see a special set of acoustic and reggae music with special guests joining them onstage like Toots with Keith performing Pressure Drop like they just re-released. Then an intermission, followed by a rockin' show leading to Midnight and Fireworks!!!"

..and you expect me or anyone to take that seriously? Based on what you 'see' ?

[Edited by Gazza]
16th December 2007 06:59 PM
TampabayStone
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Dont be such a fucking asshole. Youre obviously incapable of any sort of discussion without getting personal and rude.

I'm being lectured by you about the 'beauty' of anything amd having a 'big mouth'. That's funny. Plus, I've never considered myself an authority on anything 'knowledgable' - feel free to find somewhere where I have.

Constructive ? I said it was a 'nice idea' but the drawback was the Stones themselves.

The Charity equation doesnt come into it. The time of year - historically - and their reluctance to play shows outside the 'umbrella' of a tour isnt favourable.

"Don't assume only 'warhorses' would be played. You might as well not go to any more Stones shows! I see a special set of acoustic and reggae music with special guests joining them onstage like Toots with Keith performing Pressure Drop like they just re-released. Then an intermission, followed by a rockin' show leading to Midnight and Fireworks!!!"

..and you expect me or anyone to take that seriously? Based on what you 'see' ?

[Edited by Gazza]
[Edited by Gazza]

16th December 2007 07:20 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dreamtime wrote:
The proposed ticket cost is for CHARITY. I don't want any of the money and I don't expect to be part of any finances related to the proposed benefit concert.

I never suggested anywhere you were into this for your own personal gain, so your insistence that you're not some kind of scam artist is a bit displaced. Methinks you protest too much for your own good.

Will the tickets and/or packages for this non-profit venture only be made available through your own travel company?

[Edited by Gazza]
16th December 2007 07:33 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

'Help get it done'? In terms of buying into it - thanks, but no. The days of me flying across the Atlantic and then still having to pay $500 for a concert ticket to hear a show of warhorses are over

Thankfully you still show up at THE BRAZEN HEAD from time to time .......................

www.BRAZENHEADPUB.com

Snuggles ! ™
16th December 2007 07:35 PM
Dreamtime People who have to use foul language obviously have deeper rooted problems.

You obviously feel you know The Rolling Stones so much that you hate them. I have no idea why you would be on a Rolling Stones fan site when no tour is going on?

My thoughts are only about when the next show is!

If your idea of dealing with your hatred of The Stones is too poo poo anything that doesn't fit your narrow view of their world?

Where is the post with the "constructive comment"??????

It's such a shame that the internet attracts such nasty people.
16th December 2007 07:37 PM
Joey
quote:
Dreamtime wrote:

I am sensing tension here amongst the brotherhood .

J to the O to the E to the Y !!!!!!
16th December 2007 07:41 PM
stonedinaustralia I have no idea why you would be on a Rolling Stones fan site when no tour is going on?
16th December 2007 07:46 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Dreamtime wrote:
People who have to use foul language obviously have deeper rooted problems.

Another newb comes to RO and starts disses us.

Why are we soooooooooo misunderstood???

You have entered a different realm here, my child.

Perhaps, www.mrrogersneigborhood.com would be the better choice of posting boards.

Gazza will you STOP promoting RO at the Evangelical Christian websites.

LJ.
16th December 2007 07:49 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

Gazza will you STOP promoting RO at the Evangelical Christian websites.

damn straight LJ
16th December 2007 07:51 PM
Joey " Another newb comes to RO and starts disses us.

Why are we soooooooooo misunderstood??? "

16th December 2007 07:52 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dreamtime wrote:
If your idea of dealing with your hatred of The Stones is too poo poo anything that doesn't fit your narrow view of their world?

There was no 'poo pooing' of your ideas at all. No criticism against you. Try reading it again. Seriously. Its constructive. (I even posted clarification of the proposed show date as a way of helping) Do it during a tour and charge more money and you have a better shot at it. IMHO. There's your 'constructive ' criticism. Happy? My comments on the Stones arent based on 'hatred' (nice twisting of words) but on reality and they way they tend to operate based on their history. I posted the same comments in a politeful and constructive manner in your thread on IORR as well.

quote:
Dreamtime wrote:

"I know you have a big mouth" , "You would not add to the beauty or enjoyment of any place on earth". "If you have the time to post all your nonsense" , etc

Yeah, you're the ultimate charmer, for sure....and you wonder why I responded like I did?

I've provided you with a thread here to post your ideas, and you've done little but initiate personal insults in reaction to any genuine issues posted as to how workable or feasible the whole project is - even though I acknowledged how well intentioned it is.

A novel way to drum up business, I'll give you that.

[Edited by Gazza]
16th December 2007 09:48 PM
Dreamtime OK, I got it. Since this site is yours, you get to be as disrespectable as you want.

I didn't make the initial post as some kind of money making idea. I posted it with one intention in mind, to get a list of seriously interested fans that are positive and see no harm in signing a list to make a dream come true.

You, on the other hand, DID NOT OFFER "CONSTRUCTIVE" COMMENTS. A "nice idea" is not a constructive comment, I obviously already know that. And if someone tried to "read into" the tone of your entire post, any intelligent person would consider what you said to be sarcastic.

The only other thing you said in your post was that The Stones don't play like that. That also is not a "constructive comment".

Then your use of foul language that you did not use on IORR but got bv to close the thread. Good Work! Let all fellow Stones' fans know how much you helped get this gig off the ground. Not only did you do nothing but you destroyed the positive vibes some may have felt.

You may have a site but you're NOT A STONES FAN

[Edited by Gazza]
16th December 2007 10:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dreamtime wrote:
OK, I got it. Since this site is yours, you get to be as disrespectable as you want.

I didn't make the initial post as some kind of money making idea. I posted it with one intention in mind, to get a list of seriously interested fans that are positive and see no harm in signing a list to make a dream come true.

which is the reason why we've let you post it here.

quote:
Dreamtime wrote:

You, on the other hand, DID NOT OFFER "CONSTRUCTIVE" COMMENTS. A "nice idea" is not a constructive comment, I obviously already know that. And if someone tried to "read into" the tone of your entire post, any intelligent person would consider what you said to be sarcastic.

Nope, but then intelligence isnt your thing it seems. How the hell can you know me well enough to read into the tone of my post?

I genuinely cant see 'any intelligent person would consider' the following to be a sarcastic comment at your expense :

"Nice idea, but with a gross of $5 million, I seriously doubt the Stones - a band who NEVER play shows during the holiday season - would even get out of bed for that amount, let alone abandon their holidays to rehearse and play a one off show in the Caribbean"

quote:
Dreamtime wrote:

The only other thing you said in your post was that The Stones don't play like that. That also is not a "constructive comment".

Its reality, Larry. Its constructive in that I'm suggesting you do it at a different time of year to make it more successful. A simple piece of genuinely motivated advice - take it or leave it.

quote:
Dreamtime wrote:

Then your use of foul language that you did not use on IORR

I didnt swear at you on IORR because you werent rude to me there and it didnt warrant it. I posted a response offering a considered opinion - which I went out of my way to emphasise was being in no way dismissive of your ideas - which you never replied to. Not that I'm expecting you to..its no big deal. Other posters were less polite and you managed to respond to them OK in your usual manner. You chose to be personal and abusive here, so you got the response that it deserved. Had you spoken to me that way on IORR, I guarantee I would have said the same thing. You don't intimidate me.

Not using 'foul language' in what is an abusive post doesnt give you any kind of moral superiority over someone who chooses to do so when replying to your insults.

quote:
Dreamtime wrote:
but got bv to close the thread. Good Work! Let all fellow Stones' fans know how much you helped get this gig off the ground. Not only did you do nothing but you destroyed the positive vibes some may have felt.

Now you're simply telling lies to suit your own agenda. I did no such thing and have never asked him to do that. Prove it by e-mailing bv himself and asking him why the thread was closed. Maybe he knows you better than I do and has his own opinion of you?

I was quite happy to let this thread continue to help you promote your idea, but if youre going to persist in making up complete lies about me mailing webmasters of other sites to thwart your great ideas and make yourself out to be some martyr at my expense, then you can consider this one locked as well.

Here's the IORR thread for anyone who's interested :
http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,847353

quote:
Dreamtime wrote: You may have a site but you're NOT A STONES FAN

yeah, I hate them. Thats why I've gone to the US four times to see them on the last 3 tours,saw shows in 8 different countries on the last tour, spending money that I dont have. Cant stand them at all. (now THATS sarcasm, in case you didnt notice)

[Edited by Gazza]

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)