ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Merry Christmas everyone!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: This is what happens when you do not hire "Jacob Cohl" (NSC) Return to archive
11th December 2007 12:25 PM
voodoopug Promoters boasted of a sell-out tour, but it appears a number ticket holders had second thoughts about seeing the Spice Girls perform in concert last night.

Almost half of the seats in the Mandalay Arena auditorium were empty as the group took to the stage for their second show in Las Vegas.

Although WAG Coleen McLoughlin eagerly snapped up her spot and defeated boxer Ricky Hatton joined David Beckham in a private box, they didn't make up for the high number of vacant seats.

Still, Victoria Beckham, Geri Halliwell, Emma Bunton, Melanie Brown and Melanie Chisholm played on with their now familiar routine.

It's not the first disappointment the Spice Girls have encountered since their reunion.

Their charity comeback single Headlines (Friendship Never Ends) is the worst selling Children in Need song ever after it scraped into the UK midweek charts at No.10.

They were overshadowed by X Factor winners Leona Lewis & Shayne Ward, as well as pop princess Kylie Mingogue.

The Spice Girls play their last show in Las Vegas on Tuesday night before heading to New York.

credit: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316413,00.html
11th December 2007 01:07 PM
gimmekeef Tarp the twats...wide open...........
11th December 2007 02:17 PM
pdog it is also safe to say the seat holders where peeing and getting drinks. Just like all the people who seem to give a fuck about your thread.
11th December 2007 02:55 PM
Dan That picture was taken before the show started. Though it was an easy ticket, they still sold about 20,000 tickets over 3 nights. Both shows at STaples Center were totally sold out (with tickets going far above face prior to the inevitible floor drop) and they are playing 6 shows in the NYC area, 3 in Toronto and 17 at the O2 Arena in London.
11th December 2007 03:02 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:
That picture was taken before the show started. Though it was an easy ticket, they still sold about 20,000 tickets over 3 nights. Both shows at STaples Center were totally sold out (with tickets going far above face prior to the inevitible floor drop) and they are playing 6 shows in the NYC area, 3 in Toronto and 17 at the O2 Arena in London.

The 17 shows at the O2 is quite indicative of the British preference for Led Zeppelin and the Spice Girls over the Stones.
11th December 2007 03:21 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

The 17 shows at the O2 is quite indicative of the British preference for Led Zeppelin and the Spice Girls over the Stones.

The Spice Girls are like the Led Zeppelin or Rolling Stones of my generation.
11th December 2007 03:21 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Dan wrote:

Aren't we close in age? this is disturbing.
11th December 2007 03:40 PM
Dan
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Aren't we close in age? this is disturbing.

I dare you to witness it with your own eyes. You will see exactly what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spicegirlsexperience

In person but this is a decent enough representation.
11th December 2007 03:45 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dan wrote:

Only with tits and nicer asses....well for the most part anyway...
11th December 2007 03:45 PM
Mr Jurkka They still got show in Las vegas.. thats just sad.
11th December 2007 03:46 PM
Dan
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Only with tits and nicer asses....well for the most part anyway...

Up close Victoria looks like a reptile.
11th December 2007 05:15 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

Yeah..the Rolling Stones' fanbase is full of pre-pubescent kids, after all......
11th December 2007 05:20 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yeah..the Rolling Stones' fanbase is full of pre-pubescent kids, after all......

Is their fan base that young, or aren't they in my age bracket if they were there from the start?
11th December 2007 05:26 PM
Dan
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The majority in attendence last week were barely post-pubescent. Actually never saw so many hot chicks in the same place in my entire life before.
11th December 2007 06:09 PM
Dan And someone who lives in Vegas posted on a different forum that the show was sold out but a lot of people bought tickets then ate them after finding out how much hotels were that weekend and a lot of brokers also ate tickets opting to work a boxing match instead. The third show totally killed the secondary market for tickets.
11th December 2007 06:21 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Dan wrote:

I dare you to witness it with your own eyes. You will see exactly what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/user/spicegirlsexperience

In person but this is a decent enough representation.

meh, not a bad pop performance. I didn't know the Spice Girls had the ability to curse...

Michael Jackson's dropping his comeback album in '08....

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)