ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Merry Christmas everyone!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fark ! Shark kills Kangaroo !!!!!!!!! NSC Return to archive
11th December 2007 03:29 AM
Daethgod
Kangaroo attacked and dragged into sea by shark at Torquay
Article from: Herald Sun

Michaela Farrington

December 11, 2007 11:25am

A WITNESS couldn't believe his eyes when he saw a shark attack a kangaroo at Torquay at the weekend.

Daniel Hurst said he saw a two- or three-metre long shark leap out of the water and attack the unfortunate roo as it paddled out to sea.

"The shark came right out of the water,'' he told the Geelong Advertiser.

"It flipped onto its side. I didn't see the kangaroo after that.''

Mr Hurst said he first spotted the roo when it hopped out of scrub and down to the beach where he was walking his dog at about 5pm on Saturday.

He said the kangaroo entered the water and started swimming out to sea, making slow progress.

It was about 80 metre from shore, with only its head visible above the water, when the shark struck, he said.

By the time Mr Hurst got back to his car, he could see a big flock of seagulls hovering above the water where the roo was attacked.

"I still can't believe it,'' he said yesterday.

"It's the most bizarre thing I've ever seen, and I've travelled all over the world.''

Ranger Mick Smith from Lara's Serendip Sanctuary confirmed that kangaroos could swim, and would do so if they felt threatened and saw the water as an escape route.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22905426-2862,00.html
11th December 2007 11:03 PM
Daethgod
http://www.geelongadvertiser.com.au/article/2007/12/12/9649_news.html

Kangaroo carcass washes ashore after shark attack

Michaela Farrington

12Dec07

Reader John Winkler captured this picture of a kangaroo swimming in the Aire River, in the Otways, in March this year, proving that kangaroos do occasionally go for long swims.
Share this article
Digg this Post to del.icio.us Post to Newsvine Post to Facebook A SECOND witness to the Torquay shark attack on a swimming kangaroo, has come forward to back the bizarre story.

And authorities have confirmed they removed the remains of a kangaroo from the beach yesterday.

The second witness, Torquay man Mick Boucher, was kite-boarding on Fishermans Beach late on Saturday afternoon when he saw a kangaroo hop on to the beach and into the water.

He said the unfortunate roo was about 200 metres from shore when the shark struck, the predator's back clearly visible above the choppy waves as it attacked.

Several Torquay residents have contacted the Geelong Advertiser to report seeing a dead kangaroo on Torquay's Fishermans Beach the day after the attack.

And the Great Ocean Road Coastal Committee confirmed workers had removed a dead kangaroo from the beach yesterday and buried it deep in the ground, above the high-tide mark.

Meanwhile, proof that local kangaroos do swim in the sea has come from Lara man John Winkler who emailed the Geelong Advertiser a photo of a kangaroo crossing the mouth of the Aire river at Cape Otway in March this year.

Mr Winkler said he encountered the roo while kayaking.

``It was quite capable and confident in the water, albeit a little on the slow side, but was not impressed by my appearance,'' he said.

12th December 2007 04:51 AM
corgi37 Now, thats your neck of the woods, and i aint a expert. But i didnt know Kangaroos could swim.

Is it something they do often down there?

Do you have to dodge them while you are surfing?
12th December 2007 05:31 AM
Daethgod lucky farkers have a pouch to keep their keys in
i gotta hide mine on the car wheels while i am surfing

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)