ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Merry Christmas everyone!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Malicious Code in the Joey Thread? Return to archive
8th December 2007 11:22 PM
Highwire Rob I think I encountered another thread page like this recently. Once the page of posts loads, music or some audio file starts playing and then freezes my PC! so I must force-quit. What kind of code is someone inserting in to their messages?

I never had this happen before. I have all the McAfee protection (Virus, Firewall, etc.). Anyone else experiencing it?

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
8th December 2007 11:27 PM
pdog Voodoo has loaded songs into threads... I remember Zappa in the anal sex thread... I don't visit Joey threads too much anymore....
9th December 2007 12:14 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
pdog wrote:
Voodoo has loaded songs into threads... I remember Zappa in the anal sex thread... I don't visit Joey threads too much anymore....

Thanks pdog. Must really be time for me to get a faster computer.
9th December 2007 12:44 AM
Highwire Rob Okay, I see what it is. It's those FunMansion.com video players that start automatically when a thread loads. But to compound the situation of trying to press "Stop" - one must try and turn off every one that has been quoted (repeated and launched) in subsequent replies!

So it's not Captain Voodoo at all!

In fact, it's Egon and JB

9th December 2007 01:09 AM
pdog
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Okay, I see what it is. It's those FunMansion.com video players that start automatically when a thread loads. But to compound the situation of trying to press "Stop" - one must try and turn off every one that has been quoted (repeated and launched) in subsequent replies!

In fact, it's Egon and JB

JegBon!!!
9th December 2007 01:20 AM
Bloozehound One of thee greatest rnr songs ever cut

Black Flag ~ Nervous Breakdown

9th December 2007 01:40 AM
Highwire Rob Perfect video, Bloozehound. Lately I've been feeling just like D-Fens in Falling Down. Last week I managed to pick up my third DUI (in ten years) so I'm paying (justly so, I guess) with all the Kafkaesque legal entanglements that ensue! Throw in an overdraft and $200 domino-effect bank penalties on my checking account from getting my car out of the Pittsburgh tow pound!

Somebody give me a Louisville Slugger and I swear I'll wreak havoc on an ATM machine! (w/ Ski mask, of course--'cause they got cameras).

Well, all I can say is that I wont be attempting a further record in DUIs. That is, after 6 mos. apartment arrest, 1.5 yrs. of probation, 1 yr. suspended license, $1,500 fines, 40 hrs. community svc., and mandatory 3 AA mtgs, per wk.--I'm not even an alcoholic! I SWEAR! (i'm a binge drinker, and not much of one at that.)

I guess it could be worse, all my offenses were traffic stops, no accidents. License plate recorded by Downtown police: "RIFHARD" with two sparkling tongue stickers on either side. Okay, I smile now--or else I'll go crazy. I really was at the end of my rope last week. I WILL NOT DRINK AND DRIVE AGAIN!

Sorry, for being long-winded and off-the-topic but Stones music & this board have in many ways been cathartic/therapeutic for me. Thanks
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
9th December 2007 01:54 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

fuck the man, kick his fuckin ass out his mouth and get high on sat night with roky erikson

9th December 2007 01:58 AM
pdog
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Perfect video, Bloozehound. I'm feeling just like D-Fens in Falling Down. Last week I managed to pick up my third DUI (in ten years) so I'm paying (justly so, I guess) with all the Kafkaesque legal entanglements that ensue! Throw in an overdraft and $200 domino-effect bank penalties on my checking account from getting my car out of the Pittsburgh tow pound!

Somebody give me a Louisville Slugger and I swear I'll wreak havoc on an ATM machine! (w/ Ski mask, of course--'cause they got cameras).

Well, all I can say is that I wont be attempting a further record in DUIs. That is, after 6 mos. apartment arrest, 1.5 yrs. of probation, 1 yr. suspended license, $1,500 fines, 40 hrs. community svc., and mandatory 3 AA mtgs, per wk.--I'm not even an alcoholic! I SWEAR! (i'm a binge drinker, and not even much of one at that.)

I guess it could be worse, all my offenses were traffic stops, no accidents. License plate recorded by Downtown police: "RIFHARD" with two sparkling tongue stickers on either side. Okay, I smile now--or else I'll go crazy. I really was at the end of my rope last week. I WILL NOT DRINK AND DRIVE AGAIN!

Sorry, for being long-winded and off-the-topic but Stones music & this board have in many ways been cathartic for me. Thanks
[Edited by Highwire Rob]

I'm gonna duck after I say this, to avoid the punch... all that money and pain in the ass stuff, makes even the most expensive cab ride seem cheap, huh?

9th December 2007 02:05 AM
Highwire Rob You got that right! Makes even the $118 tax included night at the Best Western WORTH IT! (with money left over for some--safe--fun). SHIT! I'm thinking how much Stones money that equals for me too.

If our band were to come back to Pittsburgh in the next 6 mos. (unlikely but) I'd have to find a way to carry that hefty home monitoring system box to the show. Could I strap it to my back and jerry-rig it to cell phones so it picks up my ankle bracelet and signals to the probation officer that I'm at home?

No, you know what, event security would throw me out for looking like an illegal taper.

FOR THE STONES THERE MUST BE A WAY!
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
9th December 2007 02:57 AM
The jinn, my friend. Sure there is.......

you would need to be hired (temp help) for the concert. You would have to work (a lot or a little depending on the position) but you would be at a work related event. And pocket enough for a bottle of booze. For later at home, of course. And you might even get a show memorabilia like a pin(name tag) or a shirt.
9th December 2007 04:53 PM
Joey
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Perfect video, Bloozehound. Lately I've been feeling just like D-Fens in Falling Down. Last week I managed to pick up my third DUI (in ten years) so I'm paying (justly so, I guess) with all the Kafkaesque legal entanglements that ensue! Throw in an overdraft and $200 domino-effect bank penalties on my checking account from getting my car out of the Pittsburgh tow pound!

Well, all I can say is that I wont be attempting a further record in DUIs. That is, after 6 mos. apartment arrest, 1.5 yrs. of probation, 1 yr. suspended license, $1,500 fines, 40 hrs. community svc., and mandatory 3 AA mtgs, per wk.--I'm not even an alcoholic! I SWEAR! (i'm a binge drinker, and not much of one at that.)

Sorry, for being long-winded and off-the-topic but Stones music & this board have in many ways been cathartic/therapeutic for me. Thanks
[Edited by Highwire Rob]

Ouch !!!!!!!

" Falling Down " was a FANTASTIC Movie .

'kins , Est. 1999
9th December 2007 04:59 PM
MrPleasant Entertainment

News - Music, movie, Entertainment
LIOTTA ADMITS RECKLESS DRIVING
Print article
Refer to a friend
Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2007-12-06 23:15:35 -

Actor RAY LIOTTA has been placed on three years' probation after pleading no contest to reckless driving.
The Goodfellas star admitted he was at fault in a Los Angeles court on Thursday (06Dec07).
The 52-year-old was arrested in February (07) after his car struck two parked vehicles on a Los Angeles street - police reports suggest he was under the influence of prescription medication.
Liotta was also fined $300 (£150) and ordered to pay compensation to the owners of the two cars he drove into. He must also enrol in an alcohol education class.

9th December 2007 05:17 PM
tumbled Highwire Bob. Things are tuff all over. You are not alone. if you get 4 tickets in 2 years in Virginia you get your driver's license suspended. I have had 3 tickets, one of which was speeding to NYC to see the Stones at Giants Stadium I have to go to driver improvement class (required) before 1/31/08 in order to keep mylicense. The last time I drank and drove was in 1989 and the d.a. let me off with a reckless driving ticket. He told me if he ever saw me again, he would throw the book at me, so I don't drink and drive anymore, too skeery.
9th December 2007 05:37 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Entertainment

News - Music, movie, Entertainment
LIOTTA ADMITS RECKLESS DRIVING
Print article
Refer to a friend
Movie & Entertainment News provided by World Entertainment News Network (www.wenn.com)
2007-12-06 23:15:35 -

Actor RAY LIOTTA has been placed on three years' probation after pleading no contest to reckless driving.
The Goodfellas star admitted he was at fault in a Los Angeles court on Thursday (06Dec07).
The 52-year-old was arrested in February (07) after his car struck two parked vehicles on a Los Angeles street - police reports suggest he was under the influence of prescription medication.
Liotta was also fined $300 (£150) and ordered to pay compensation to the owners of the two cars he drove into. He must also enrol in an alcohol education class.

Thanks MrPleasant. I have great company with a superb actor (for the wrong reasons, of course) DOMINICK AND EUGENE -- filmed in Pittsburgh w/ Liotta as Eugene is one of my all-time fave films!
9th December 2007 05:38 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
tumbled wrote:
Highwire Bob. Things are tuff all over. You are not alone. if you get 4 tickets in 2 years in Virginia you get your driver's license suspended. I have had 3 tickets, one of which was speeding to NYC to see the Stones at Giants Stadium I have to go to driver improvement class (required) before 1/31/08 in order to keep mylicense. The last time I drank and drove was in 1989 and the d.a. let me off with a reckless driving ticket. He told me if he ever saw me again, he would throw the book at me, so I don't drink and drive anymore, too skeery.

Oh, Tumbled - You're right. I forgot that the judge ordered me to take Driver Improvement courses in addition to everything else.
9th December 2007 05:42 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Joey wrote:

Ouch !!!!!!!

" Falling Down " was a FANTASTIC Movie .

'kins , Est. 1999

Joey... Oh Joey, PLEASE promise me that when I'm free and released from my apartment that we can go to McDonaldland together! Please... PLEASE - We will go to McDonaldland, wont WE Joey?!

[Edited by Highwire Rob]
9th December 2007 06:17 PM
Joey
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

PLEASE - We will go to McDonaldland, wont WE Joey?!

*** ? ***
9th December 2007 07:03 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

was it just me or did Ronald McDonald look overly evil in that

btw sorry to hear about your legal entanglment Highwire, getting caught drinking and driving is no joke these days, I had a close call with the cops last year involving a lil boozin and cruisin, the cop knew I had been drinkin but let me off, I took it as a sign and haven't done it since
9th December 2007 07:38 PM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Joey wrote:

*** ? ***

You know what I'm talkin' 'bout J-kins! I heard you was cheatin' on Paris with some Scots-Irish hamburger clown heiress.

Humor me Joey, Humor me! I could be going over the edge.

I love the smell of coughed-up hairballs in the morning!

Just kitten!
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
9th December 2007 07:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

Thanks Mr. Wire, yes I didn't do it
10th December 2007 11:27 AM
Shmoey
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:

Joey... Oh Joey, PLEASE promise me that when I'm free and released from my apartment that we can go to McDonaldland together! Please... PLEASE - We will go to McDonaldland, wont WE Joey?!

[Edited by Highwire Rob]

10th December 2007 11:57 AM
monkey_man
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
I think I encountered another thread page like this recently. Once the page of posts loads, music or some audio file starts playing and then freezes my PC! so I must force-quit. What kind of code is someone inserting in to their messages?

I never had this happen before. I have all the McAfee protection (Virus, Firewall, etc.). Anyone else experiencing it?

[Edited by Highwire Rob]

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)