ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

Merry Christmas everyone!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: If Zep tours will people forget about The Stones for a few years?...from Ian Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
6th December 2007 06:51 PM
glencar Didn't that bomb at Cannes?
6th December 2007 07:15 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
glencar wrote:
Didn't that bomb at Cannes?

Yeah, which is why Harvey Weingard was able to buy it for a buck.

He polished that turd and now it's shining like Oscar gold...
6th December 2007 07:16 PM
mojoman
quote:
Joey wrote:

mojo ........................

I am a little concerned that you may fold under questioning .

I am a little .........................

*** END TRANSMISSION ***

And now, your highness, we will discuss the location of your hidden rebel base...

6th December 2007 09:04 PM
pdog
quote:
mojoman wrote:

And now, your highness, we will discuss the location of your hidden rebel base...

With anyone else, that is funny... BUT!!! Too Joey, that is code for lets play hide and go seek with your dicks!
6th December 2007 11:58 PM
guitarman53 Led Zeppelin haven't even played in years, this whole tour business is up in the air, The Stones have been playing almost all the time since '69, when they lost Brian Jones & got Mick Taylor, Led Zeppelin is not practised at all, what is Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page & the son of the late drummer like today?? they certainly not even close like the Stones as a tight band, & even that is in question today, I love Led Zep. but as a touring band to keep in shape like the way they were in the 70's, is a big question, Jimmy Page looks like Ralph Gleason today (from the Honeymooners) I can't see him jumping around & doing Rock 'N' Roll, but Jagger still does, not as strong as he used to be, but still in better shape for a guy his age.
7th December 2007 12:25 AM
Zack Why the hell do we always take this bait from Ian?

The facts:

1. Zeppelin will do the 02 shows then Plant will flee to his country home and lock the door.
2. No album
3. No tour

The End
7th December 2007 01:12 AM
pdog
quote:
Zack wrote:
Why the hell do we always take this bait from Ian?

The facts:

1. Zeppelin will do the 02 shows then Plant will flee to his country home and lock the door.
2. No album
3. No tour

The End

Ian's bait is pretty yummy. You gotta give him that... Must be the sugar coating in his posts! I'm looking forward to the next one!
7th December 2007 01:29 AM
IanBillen
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Led Zeppelin haven't even played in years, this whole tour business is up in the air, The Stones have been playing almost all the time since '69, when they lost Brian Jones & got Mick Taylor, Led Zeppelin is not practised at all, what is Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page & the son of the late drummer like today?? they certainly not even close like the Stones as a tight band, & even that is in question today, I love Led Zep. but as a touring band to keep in shape like the way they were in the 70's, is a big question, Jimmy Page looks like Ralph Gleason today (from the Honeymooners) I can't see him jumping around & doing Rock 'N' Roll, but Jagger still does, not as strong as he used to be, but still in better shape for a guy his age.

I whole heartedly AGREE!

No doubt. But I am concerned all the ill-informed, un-educated, and the folks just jumping on the band wagon of The Led Zep deal will be caught up in the hype is all if they decide to do something more such as a tour.

Again, as mentioned there is no real word on weather or not they may plan this, or infact will do anything ever again.

Even if they do I really do not see them being in any condition to handle this these days. At best they 'can" do it, but none the less it will not be to any degree as to The Stones and their current live playing ability.

Ian

7th December 2007 06:56 AM
Monkeytonkman clearly if people on this board are stating how Led Zeppelin haven't inlfuenced rock music, then they don't know what they are talking about.
7th December 2007 07:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zack wrote:
Why the hell do we always take this bait from Ian?

The facts:

2. No album
3. No tour

The End

they (Plant especially) have maintained they wont tour in 2008, but the indications are that they're going to. It'll get a lot of publicity, make as much money for them as they want it to make but I reckon the end consensus will be "why did they bother?". There's no way it can live up to the hype of a 28-year hiatus.

You're correct on point 2, though.
7th December 2007 09:46 AM
gimmekeef I hope they do tour...so people can get an earful of their pompous long winded crap.Their legend was always bigger then their talent could support.And Plant is no Jagger to entertain a stadium full even years ago..imagine now?.Lets end the mystic and let them show how inconsistent they were live even in their best days.
7th December 2007 10:21 AM
Joey " Gotta call 'em like I see 'em. "

!!!!!!!

!!!!!!

[cc:ss]

[Edited by Joey]
11th December 2007 02:41 AM
IanBillen
I heard they did really good. I seen a clip and Plant "clearly" reserved the high notes but still sounded pretty good. Pages guitar sounded the best out of everyone.

Tons of talk both on TV and online on them being The "Biggest Band in the land" and will top the Stones off their crown..if they return

I was afraid of all this hype.

Ian
11th December 2007 02:44 AM
pdog
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

I heard they did really good. I seen a clip and Plant "clearly" reserved the high notes but still sounded pretty good. Pages guitar sounded the best out of everyone.

Tons of talk both on TV and online on them being The "Biggest Band in the land" and will top the Stones off their crown..if they return

I was afraid of all this hype.

Ian

If I went for the overall Stones win, but it does seem four old farts are gonna beat the four old farts with a dozen poops in this latest rock fight. Maybe The Stones will feel challenged and actually step it up, to meet the raised bar...
11th December 2007 02:52 AM
Poplar
Reviews look good. Stones were close when they did Back Of My Hand. Go old school.

11th December 2007 03:01 AM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

Reviews look good. Stones were close when they did Back Of My Hand. Go old school.

They were also onto something when they re-worked 19th Nervous, like i saw at MSG in 2005. They got all freaked out, and dropped. They like it safe, and predictable.
11th December 2007 03:01 AM
pdog
quote:
Poplar wrote:

They were also onto something when they re-worked 19th Nervous, like i saw at MSG in 2005. They got all freaked out, and dropped. They like it safe, and predictable.
11th December 2007 03:09 AM
Poplar
squandered years, but still worthwhile.
i'll pay for Zep.

11th December 2007 10:40 AM
gimmekeef Seems inevitable now they will tour.Tix no doubt will be sold faster than any in history..Scalpers will drool...But will they have the stamina and interest to trek on to beat ABB?...My hunch says no..they'll do just enough to cement their legacy or get press saying their best of alltime..and then pack it in...or not...lol
11th December 2007 10:42 AM
voodoopug
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Seems inevitable now they will tour.Tix no doubt will be sold faster than any in history..Scalpers will drool...But will they have the stamina and interest to trek on to beat ABB?...My hunch says no..they'll do just enough to cement their legacy or get press saying their best of alltime..and then pack it in...or not...lol

thankfully the US economy is in bad enough shape that some people will not be able to afford a ticket and will not be subject to a Zep show.
11th December 2007 10:44 AM
LadyJane
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Seems inevitable now they will tour.Tix no doubt will be sold faster than any in history..Scalpers will drool...But will they have the stamina and interest to trek on to beat ABB?...My hunch says no..they'll do just enough to cement their legacy or get press saying their best of alltime..and then pack it in...or not...lol

I heard this morning that Plant wishes to record a new album as he does not wish to Tour as a "Nostaglia Act".

LJ.
11th December 2007 10:45 AM
voodoopug
quote:
Poplar wrote:

squandered years, but still worthwhile.
i'll pay for Zep.

I thought your Hollywood Bowl show was special and could never be matched by LZ....then again, you appear to be a clasic rock fan first and foremeost??
11th December 2007 10:46 AM
voodoopug
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

I heard this morning that Plant wishes to record a new album as he does not wish to Tour as a "Nostaglia Act".

LJ.

This is a step in the right direction....hopefully his planned tour with Allison Krause will derail any album plans and this crap can just go back into the cave it was hiding in.
11th December 2007 10:47 AM
Shmoey BEST ZEP YET!!!!
BEST JIMMY YET!!!
BEST ROBERT YET!!
BEST JOHN PAUL YET!!!

a tour???? ******DEVELOPING*****

I'm so excited i'm typing this with Puggy's penis!!

come to Shmoey at the Qwest!!!!!!!!!

--------------------> http://www.qwestcenteromaha.com/

Zepppy'cakes!!

11th December 2007 12:13 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
pdog wrote: They were also onto something when they re-worked 19th Nervous

That might be the right track, just the wrong song.
11th December 2007 12:16 PM
Lil Brian
quote:
Shmoey wrote: Zepppy'cakes!!

Rumours are floating around Omaha. Stay tuned.

11th December 2007 01:09 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:

Rumours are floating around Omaha. Stay tuned.

What that Fleetwood Mac album finally make it to the Nebraska market?
11th December 2007 02:13 PM
Dan
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:
Led Zeppelin is not practised at all, what is Robert Plant, John Paul Jones, Jimmy Page & the son of the late drummer like today?? they certainly not even close like the Stones as a tight band, & even that is in question today,

Definitely in question. The "tight band" is Chuck, Darryl, Charlie, the horn section and back up singers. Not that any of that really matters in a classic rock megatour, it's all about paying homage to past glories whether it's the Stones, Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd.
11th December 2007 03:22 PM
Joey
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

What that Fleetwood Mac album finally make it to the Nebraska market?

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
11th December 2007 04:59 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

thankfully the US economy is in bad enough shape that some people will not be able to afford a ticket and will not be subject to a Zep show.

Oh yeah, fantastic news, Pug.

Appearantly the show last night was filmed and will be
released on DVD next year. Also, Page said that touring is a possibility if the show went well. And according to all I heard, the show went very well. No matter how much the tickets will be, they'll sel out no matter what. I really hope that they will be low, though, because there are so many teenagers obsessed with Zeppelin.
Page: 1 2 3 4

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)