ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wine at lunch Return to archive
12-20-02 12:56 PM
nankerphelge Ah yes my friends -- the firm Christmas party. Always a splendid event!! The Merlot is flowing everywhere and your favorite Stones fan -- that would be me -- is well on his way! Now we're trying to figure out who is gonna hook up...
12-20-02 01:01 PM
scope Too miserable a day up in NY to venture out for lunch. May have to wait to get home to start the party. Although I did see a bottle of Orange Grey Goose on someone's desk. Nice little gift set with 2 glasses included, just begging to be opened and sampled. I think I'll wander over and pay a visit.
12-20-02 01:12 PM
winter Nanky:

I think I've got to switch over to your firm. As far as I can tell - 'tis the season to get crushed.

Let's see, it's 5 days to X mas and I've done no shopping, and it looks like I won't have a day off until X mas day.

Why the F$%k did I go to law school -

See you in Jan - Happy holidays to you and the missus-

wintah, esq.
12-20-02 01:15 PM
nankerphelge Winter, where you been son?

This is such a great firm -- I just ran back upstairs and grabbed a bottle of wine while everyone is in eating lunch!! Now I can sit hear and get blasted in the privacy of my office!!

Now if they just hand out bonuses today...

12-20-02 01:19 PM
parmeda Try an Amaretto chaser with that wine Nanky...yummmm!
12-20-02 01:23 PM
nankerphelge I was thinking of doing a lil' chasing today, now that you mention it...
12-20-02 01:31 PM
winter Bonuses! Oh, those went away with the internet bubble. The best part is, because I was lucky enough to be promoted to income partner - no bonus, means no raise.

In fact, I just got my official notice of that fact today.

F#*cking Happy Holidays from the Management of the Firm - now get back to work. In fact, I think I saw our chairman kick Tiny Tim in the balls this morning.

Ah, but at least I have Jan 12th, Jan 18th and the Astoria show to look forward to -

All I want for X mas is for the boys to play Winter!

wintah
12-20-02 02:22 PM
Joey We just had our Holiday Christmas Lunch here at the office .

Damn good ............Turkey , Ham , all the fixings ..........and all on Carly !

12-20-02 02:24 PM
nankerphelge I bet Carly looks good with turkey all over her!!

Oh, you mean she picked up the tab!

Never mind...
12-20-02 02:30 PM
winter nanky - you is sick,

wintah
12-20-02 02:39 PM
Joey " All I want for X mas is for the boys to play Winter! "

Amen to that ...................I still pray every day that Keith Richards sings " Coming Down Again !!!!! "

Jan . 18th maybe ?????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm !

Developing ...................

J . Bo Blow

12-20-02 02:58 PM
winter yes - I can hear it now, we're gonna do few for ya from Goats Head Soup - they could round it out with Dancin' with Mr. D.

stick my tongue in someone else's pie - got to love that line,

wintah
[Edited by winter]
12-20-02 03:01 PM
Joey " yes - I can hear it now, we're gonna do few for ya from Goats Head Soup - they could round it out with Dancin' with Mr. D. "

Can you say , Mick Taylor as special guest ?

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
12-20-02 03:06 PM
winter It would be very nice, but I don't think it's gonna happen -the Stones never seem to do what we really want - they do what they really want -

I just don't think they care whether Micky T or Billy ever plays with them again - they left, their loss.

But I ask you all, if there is any rumor that Dave Matthews will be there let me know immediately, as I will be forfeiting my prime seats at cost. I can't bear to witness another Memory Motel fiasco.

JB, don't start any false rumors in hopes of getting my seats,

Thanks in advance,

wintah
12-20-02 03:22 PM
Joey " I just don't think they care whether Micky T or Billy ever plays with them again - they left, their loss. "

You make Joey sad !

I don't think Mick Jagger and Mick Taylor get along ..........................anyone else think that ?????????????????

Ah , what the Hell do I know anyway ??????????????????????????????

" I'm Burning Tires with some guy whose hair is turning white Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
12-20-02 04:32 PM
luxury1 nanky wrote "sit hear in my office" he's gotta be toasted.
12-20-02 04:35 PM
nankerphelge Oh yeah!!
12-20-02 04:36 PM
Joey See ya at Uncle Morty's tonight Nanky !

12-20-02 04:42 PM
winter Sorry to make Joey sad,

You're probably right on Mick not liking Mick, after all Micky T doesn't actual fit the rock star imagine, unless we're talking Meatloaf. But the man can still play, I caught him at the House of Blues here in Beantown a few years back.

Of course all of this is just speculation, because Mick doesn't seem to return my calls any more. And no Christmas card this year. That's ok Mick, I'm still wishing you Happy Holidays.

wintah
12-20-02 04:42 PM
luxury1 nanky wrote, "Now I can sit hear.." He must be toasted.
12-20-02 04:44 PM
nankerphelge luxury1 wrote

"he must be toasted"

TWICE!!

What's your excuse??
12-20-02 04:52 PM
Joey " Of course all of this is just speculation, because Mick doesn't seem to return my calls any more. And no Christmas card this year. That's ok Mick, I'm still wishing you Happy Holidays. "

You make Joey giggle !