ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: First Top 10 Single in UK in 21 years? Return to archive
12-18-02 10:04 PM
Soldatti Acording to sales, "Don't Stop" is selling very fast in the stores in England. Acording to variuos sources the single can make the Top 10 the next Sunday, becoming his first since "Start Me Up" (No. 7) in September 1981.

In dotmusic the great news is confirmed in the future hits:

http://www.dotmusic.com/charts/futurehits/

12-18-02 10:37 PM
Scot Rocks I find this news quite remarkable considering the lack of airplay and publicity it has recieved. I still have not heard Don't Stop on the radio yet, although I am sure it must have been played on Virgin or Radio 2 a few times. It will be cool if it does reach it though, I mean the thought of hearing the Stones on radio 1 is hard to comprehend.

Mark
12-18-02 10:45 PM
Scot Rocks BTW here is the piece of news from dotmusic, not the most favourable extract about the Stones I have ever seen...hopefully the last part is sarcasm.

ROLLING STONES - 'DON'T STOP' (VIRGIN)
Aptly titled new track from their 'Forty Licks' compilation is a gentle reminder to the world that they are still the most profitable touring machine in the world. Surely they're past releasing singles though

Oh yeah and Don't Stop making it to the top 10 means that we must be guaranteed more shows over here!!!!!

yesssssssssssssss

Good Night

BTW Isn't Stella just a class beer, I have been intaking a "few" tonight over here...

Mark
12-19-02 12:06 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Scot Rocks wrote:
BTW Isn't Stella just a class beer, I have been intaking a "few" tonight over here...
Mark

Hey Scot Rocks, thanks for the update. Btw, you must be having some great pints! Even your avatar is blurry

--Rob.
12-19-02 08:28 AM
egon don't see "stop" anywhere in the dutch or french charts,
(in france the single's been for sale for 2 weeks now...)
12-19-02 10:07 AM
jb It looks like England has re-embraced their native sons...
12-19-02 10:35 AM
Boomhauer Well, in its 11th week on the charts in the US, Forty Licks dropped from #23 to #25.

I'm thinking that next week it will be charted higher because I saw that at Best Buy they had it on sale for $19.99, and that alone can raise sales numbers up many units. Best Buy is huuuuuuuuuuge.
12-19-02 12:11 PM
sonicrock saw the complete don t stop on french tv (cable mcm) yesterday, and we had a tv advert about both the 40 licks albums and the forthcoming concert on national tv...