ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mick Aid PART TWO Return to archive
12-18-02 03:45 PM
Honky Tonk Man Remember when the Sun launched Mick Aid last year?

IT�S a year since I launched MICK AID in an attempt to save a prehistoric animal from dying out.

I thought my humanitarian campaign had helped preserve this wrinkled species. But 12 months on, this dinosaur is once again in danger of extinction.

Last year it was MICK JAGGER�s solo album Goddess In The Doorway that disappeared into obscurity, selling just a few thousand copies.

But now the curse of Jagger has struck again � this time with the new Rolling Stones single Don�t Stop.

In yesterday�s mid-week chart it had shifted just over a thousand copies and is set to limp in at a poorly No35.

So today I launch Mick Aid 2 to try to reverse this global catastrophe. If we unite and dig deep, we can truly make a difference.

OK, I know it�s a crap song but buy one for a friend this Christmas or just use it as a coaster.

I urge you to remember Live Aid and Band Aid � and do your bit for Mick Aid 2.

Alex

12-18-02 03:59 PM
jb You know HTM, seriously speaking, I really would like to help the less fortunate this time of year. I have been blessed and when I hear stories on T.V. about kids who go w/out presents/food, it is very upsetting. I make it a point to give money to the people on Street corners this time of year..but I would like to do something more meaningful.. I was watching local T.V. WSVN and they have a Holiday fund for the needy...I think a small donation from "A Stones fan" would be appropriate. Cheers!!!
12-18-02 04:00 PM
Moonisup no need to worry, stonessingles are in the past since Start me up
12-18-02 04:01 PM
jb Thank you Moon...
12-18-02 04:05 PM
Honky Tonk Man I hope you two boosom buddies realise this was just a joke!

I think last year, they gave out Mick Aid Badges. Id like one of those. I would wear it with pride. LOL!

Alex
12-18-02 04:07 PM
jb Yes Alex, of course...but you and Rik are too young to understand the need to "give something back" to the less fortunate. It makes you feel good that you can help someone who has not been as lucky as you.
[Edited by jb]
12-18-02 04:12 PM
Honky Tonk Man Yes Josh, you are right. Its important to undertand what the less fortunate people in life are going through. As you said, especially at this time of year. My little brother send out two parcels full of presents to children in Bosnia, or somewhere like that. Its very sad that these poor children have to live the way they do. It would be a heart warming joy to see them open up their boxes though to see what we got them.

Alex
12-18-02 04:15 PM
jb Yes my friend..we who spend money on Stones tickets like H20, but must not forget about the down trodden this time of year....I will definitely make a donation in honor of this site by next week...
12-18-02 04:36 PM
luxury1 HTM!!! What shows are you going to in Europe? Are you coming back East for MSGII??
12-18-02 04:39 PM
jb Good night Alex.....By the way, the New Harry Potter film is somewhat disappointing...I am looking forward to Lord Of The Rings, which opens tomorrow.
12-19-02 05:47 PM
Honky Tonk Man LUXURY 1!!

I am going to the following Shows

Olympiahalle, Munich

Twikenham, London,

Wembley Arena, London

Id love to see the Stones in the US in January, but ive missed my chance. These shows are costing me enough as it is!

Josh, I HATE Harry Potter!

Alex