ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: dylan in aus Return to archive
12-18-02 07:09 AM
stonedinaustralia fmk wrote

"Are you a Bob Dylan fan? If you are, you may like to complete a rare 1-2 combo by seeing him on the 17th of Feb. at the Sydney Entertainment Centre, and then "that other gig" at the enmore the next night."

i started a new thread 'cos i ddin't want to throw gomper's too far off topic or off its spanish theme

to answer your question,yes I am and that is almost so bizzare as to be unbelievable

and you'd have to say the odds of a stone (esp. keith and/or woody) turning up at bob's gig or bob turning up at the enmore to be at least 50/50 wouldn't you

that is incredible....when did you here about this??

i have to say it again fmk, thanx for the tip...

what's on wednesday night...tom waits perhaps?

12-18-02 12:13 PM
Nasty Habits I would say the chances of one of the Stones turning up at Dylan's show are perhaps slightly better than those you printed, sia, if they are near the area. But the chances of the reverse happening are somewhere around minus zero, no limit.

I'd go check out some Bobby Dylan, though, were I you, fer shure. Can you imagine one of the boys playing on that version of Brown Sugar he's doing right now? I would poop my pants.

12-18-02 12:17 PM
Sir Stonesalot You could have done Bob & The Stones ON THE SAME NIGHT back in Aug. in Toronto.

Dylan played at 7:30, Stones around 11pm.

Now THAT would be a night to remember.

BTW, total cost of tickets, for both shows...about $45.00usd.
12-18-02 02:14 PM
jb The answer my friend, is blowing in the wind, the answer is blowing in the wind. Peter Paul and Mary 1965...
12-18-02 02:25 PM
Sir Stonesalot I'm sure Zimmy loves PP&M...they made a pile of money for him!
12-18-02 02:52 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
I would say the chances of one of the Stones turning up at Dylan's show are perhaps slightly better than those you printed, sia, if they are near the area. But the chances of the reverse happening are somewhere around minus zero, no limit.

> as usual nasty you are probably correct...guess i got a little carried away in the excitement

I'd go check out some Bobby Dylan, though, were I you, fer shure.

> that is now the plan

Can you imagine one of the boys playing on that version of Brown Sugar he's doing right now? I would poop my pants.

> or something like that

12-18-02 02:56 PM
jb His son's band have never really got past the hype of their first album..
12-18-02 04:22 PM
T&A The Wallflowers are doing very well, thank you. And, JB - it wasn't their first album that got them in the spotlight - it was their second. (The first one was quite good, but it didn't have the killer single it needed to get airplay).
and while we're on the topic of history - PP&M covered Dylan's Blowin' in the Wind in 1962, not '65.
[Edited by T&A]
12-19-02 03:36 AM
fmk438j
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:

when did you here about this??

I just read it in a newsletter from ticketek. They only had the Sydney date on their site last I checked, but I guess he's playing a few more dates becuase on the 7th of Feb. (it lists both the 7th and 8th as the only appearence times, so who knows) he's doing the:

http://www.musicmelbourne.com.au/

(John Mayall too)

[Edited by fmk438j]
12-19-02 03:40 AM
stonedinaustralia ok

btw, have you received your postal receipt for payment of your enmore tix

i thought we were to get one to present for our wristbands & tickets
12-19-02 03:43 AM
fmk438j No, nothing.
12-19-02 03:50 AM
stonedinaustralia ok thanx, well at least it's not just me then

very difficult to find a telephone No. for these people so you can actually speak to a human being (probably just get some tele-menu piece of shit anyway)

at least i have the printed e-mail confirmation with account and transaction no.

anyway, my credit card statement says they've taken my $ so we have a deal as far as i'm concerned and believe me there will be hell to pay if they reneg...and of course i'm not just talking the price of the tix

we'll be cool, we'll be cool - but if there's any extra step can be made in getting there then i say let's do it...

how much for the dylan show??
12-19-02 04:08 AM
fmk438j
quote:
stonedinaustralia wote: we have a deal as far as i'm concerned and believe me there will be hell to pay if they reneg...

Yeah I agree, riot gear at the ready.

quote:
how much for the dylan show??

The info i saw last night has now disappeared from the site. Something like $90 to $150.