ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glastonbury 2003 Return to archive
12-18-02 06:28 AM
riccardo Looks like the organizers have been denied authorization!They have 21 days to appeal,however.I wonder if Glastonbury won't happen if the Stones go back to Knebworth?
12-18-02 04:45 PM
Gazza Glastonbury is always on the last weekend of June, so thats the only time they could play there EVEN if it took place,which i doubt it will - the Stones will probbaly be in Spain at that time anyway

Whats this about Knebworth? News to me....cant see it myself as:

a) theyre playing Twickenham which is not THAT much further south and
b) Robbie williams is playing THREE Knebworth shows on one weekend at the beginning of August. Doubt they'd add another one for another act...
12-18-02 04:50 PM
monkeyboy I think Glastonbury will happen next year but unfortunately without the Stones playing. As someone who's been going to Glastonbury for the past five years or so I know that if they played there they would go down a storm but can't really see it happening.
I think in the UK a lot of people just think of them as a money making enterprise (can't think why!) and not really the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world as they really are. Playing Glasto is probably just what they need in the UK for 'street cred' and good press exposure but the money isn't there to pay them (�100,000 is the maximum per band I believe) and at the end of the day as much as the Glastonbury organisers would love them there I'm not sure the Stones still have enough fire in their souls to get up on that stage for that money without a guaranteed stones crazy audience.
I would love to be wrong and see them up there........it really would be something else......fingers crossed!
12-18-02 04:57 PM
Gazza �100,000 maximum???

fuck..going by the way they shortchanged those idiots in Vegas at that private gig (not to mention the High Rollers who forked out a grand for a Hot Rocks setlist at the same venue two weeks later) I can imagine them playing a 40-song medley of "Licks" songs lasting ten minutes and then splitting if thats the fee!

TV exposure would be good though...personally i hate festivals and the prospect of shitting outdoors for a weekend and I wouldnt go near it with a bargepole, but each to their own
12-18-02 06:13 PM
monkeyboy Well I would like to think if a greedy sod like Rod Stewart did it last year there might be a chance (mind you he was bleeding awful!) but deep down I know there's next to no chance. As for shitting in a field........we piss and shit anywhere,man!!!!
12-18-02 08:00 PM
Gazza Piss,yes...shit,no

cant get used to squatting in a field - sorry. For some reason I keep gettin the fear somethin horrid might drop into my pants by mistake...
12-18-02 10:25 PM
nankerphelge Yeah, like sasca and his Ben-Gay covered tuning fork...