ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: is darryl jones a stone??? Return to archive Page: 1 2
12-17-02 06:22 PM
sonicrock yes
12-17-02 06:35 PM
RubyFriday No
12-17-02 06:39 PM
beer no.

is chuck leavell a stone?
no.

is blondie chaplin a stone?
no.

is lisa a stone?
no.

is bernard a stone?
no.

is Bobby Keys a stone?
no.

12-17-02 06:49 PM
vuduman Bobby Keys has been around longer than Ronnie. So mabey he's like 1/2 a stone.
12-17-02 07:45 PM
sammy davis jr. I wish the Stones had picked Charlie Drayton instead of DJ- he would be a cooler Stone.
12-17-02 09:03 PM
no_cole_porter Maybe they went with Darryl because of his hair. It seems much easier to comb through.
12-17-02 09:14 PM
sammy davis jr. Daryl is starting to look like a chick...and a FAT one at that.
12-17-02 09:21 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
sammy davis jr. wrote:
Daryl is starting to look like a chick...and a FAT one at that.

Darryl has gained a lot of weight, hasn't he? And hair, too, has changed a bit from when they hired him - it's a cool cut now, I think.

Kinda like Billy. In the 60s he was the quiet clean-cut kid with The Beatles. In the 70s he was some bizzare reproduction of Hendrix with giant hair, only playing the piano. And then he became a giant balloon.

And no, he's not a Stone. He's a sideman, same as everybody else. He is, however, the closest to a Stone a sideman will ever come. If they dropped back down today to the 1972 style, only he, Chuck and maybe Bobby would survive, and Chuck and Bobby would both have greatly reduced roles.

-tSYX --- If you can't rock me...
12-17-02 09:25 PM
monkeyman IF BOBBY KEYS IS NOT A STONE... RONNIE WOOD IS 1/2 STONE.
JUST LISTEN LET IT BLEED, LIVE WITH ME, BOBBY IS NOT A STONE... JAJAJAJAAAA.
MR. TAYLOR, TELL ME (YOU�RE COMING BACK)
LUCAS FROM ARGENTINA.
12-17-02 09:38 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems Daryll is not to be considered a Stone. If asked, he should say "I play bass for the Rolling Stones" and not "Im a Rolling Stone." Of course he does a great job...Bobby could be a Stone, but he is too low key in the background, and is a part of the large horn section, an area not known in any band for standing out visually or paid attention to audibly. Plus, he only makes $5000 per show...which is chump change compared to the salary of the big 4...probably to Chuck also and maybe Daryll...they make more than he does Im sure.
12-17-02 10:36 PM
JaggaRichards No. But he plays an excellent bass for them!
12-17-02 10:39 PM
SirMuddy Keith always say that everyone who is playing with on that f$%?&ing stage IS a rolling stone... the rest is just for lawyers...
12-17-02 11:06 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems I dont know when Keith said that...by that logic, Micheal Davis is a Rolling Stone. And Lizzie Jagger and Leah Wood have been on stage...they are stones too LOL.
12-17-02 11:11 PM
beer Yup, then that means Elton John, Ollie Brown, and Sheryl Crow are Stones too.
12-17-02 11:25 PM
SirMuddy Keith said that in an interview just before the voodoo lounge tour... Since they're four... Funny about Elton... maybe we should ask Keith about that one!
12-18-02 12:21 AM
Madafaka I was in a backstage! Am I a Rolling Stone?
LOL!
12-18-02 03:13 AM
marcus aurelianus HE IS BY NO MEANS A ROLLING STONE .
12-18-02 03:46 AM
F505 No but I don't think Darryl WANTS to be a Rolling Stone so the question is irrelevant...
12-18-02 04:21 AM
Moonisup no he ain't a stone

he married lisa
12-18-02 07:23 AM
Mathijs The man who makes the Stones sound like freakin' Status Quo with his simplistic bass lines a Stone?

Tsssssss.........

Mathijs
12-18-02 07:48 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
The man who makes the Stones sound like freakin' Status Quo with his simplistic bass lines a Stone?

Tsssssss.........

Mathijs

Yeah, Darryl isn't *bad* on the bass... he's just boring. Bill may have just stood there, but he took much more chances. The reason I think they dropped "Undercover" was because Darryl just didn't have that nasty bass line going... was that Bill's or Ronnie's originally?

-tSYX --- Heleeeeen.... Helen wheels... (oh, it's a good album. Get over it)
12-18-02 08:03 AM
sammy davis jr. Daryl is becoming THREE Stones
12-18-02 10:43 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff NO, he's a bass player.

Bobby is a real Stone, ask to Keef...
12-18-02 10:45 AM
jb Never has been, never will be. Nothing against Daryl..seems like a great guy..but he is a very talented session player..He has added nothing in 8 years ...In fact, listening to some of the boots SirStonealot sent me, I realize just how much we miss Bill after all. The bass work on some of the boots circa 72-78 were just tremendous..yet understated. I'll take Bill back hairpiece, purple glasses , etc...
12-18-02 10:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot So who's the chick hanging offa you like a necklace?
12-18-02 10:57 AM
jb The lovely Mrs. JB....thank you. There were some ugly homosexual rumours which I think this will clear up.
[Edited by jb]
12-18-02 11:06 AM
nankerphelge Doesn't clear up a thing jb -- rumour still has it that you are an ugly homosexual!!

12-18-02 11:09 AM
jb The post was edited and no longer exists...by the way, did both Joey and Max die?
12-18-02 11:15 AM
nankerphelge I think Max is on vacation -- I e-mailed him Monday on the demise of Al Gore and got an auto response.

Joey is using his keyboard to pleasure Carly -- her blow-filled lifestyle had led to unusual sex toys!

12-18-02 01:14 PM
sasca As much as Ian Stewart was after he was fired.
Page: 1 2