ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Says: "This is the Best Stones Yet" Return to archive
12-17-02 03:41 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems Albeit most probably wouldnt agree with that, as long as they believe it, its good. It keeps them reaching higher and higher, and I doubt they would want to make this the last time if they feel they are at the top of their game. I want them to finish the new album on the road while they are on fire...the songs will have that frantic live element that way hopefully.
12-17-02 03:50 PM
Moonisup where did you read that

Rik
12-17-02 03:55 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems I actually saw him say it on a video at RS.com. Its a recent one..the really long one I think. Even relectant Charlie says there is no need to quit because of the great working relationship they all have. The important thing is that they are all looking ahead instead of behind. In addition, a new album to promote means that we will probably have more shows in the states after Europe. This tour is the big money maker, and they will be better after so many shows in Europe. My guess is late 2003 and early 2004 there will be more arena shows in the U.S.
12-17-02 03:58 PM
jb He's been saying that since 94....He obviously still loves it...hopefully Mick and Sir Charles feel the same way...
12-17-02 04:22 PM
sirmoonie If you want to smile and feel like a hero-worshipping teenager again, watch that video.

How can anyone not like the riffs in Don't Stop, especially the beginning ones?

Man, I love this band.

Great lines: "selling his licks back to him" and "I'm doing them now. Better."

Chinga!
12-18-02 02:26 PM
Stones I can't get the new songs out of my head. Of the 4 new ones Don't Stop is # 1 and Stealing My Heart is a very close 2nd. But the riff in Don't Stop make it better. Keys To Your Love is great, but I like the Stones more when Jagger and the guitars are screaming. Keiths song is kind of a disapointment. He should have done a fast song - like little T & A or Wanna Hold You. He's done enough ballads.
12-18-02 02:47 PM
jb Keith, sadly, is no longer capable of doing a fast song..Even happy has become a slow rocker...Still luv em though.
12-18-02 03:01 PM
Mother baby
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
If you want to smile and feel like a hero-worshipping teenager again, ....

What??? Whoever stopped? I certainly don't visit this website for my health.
12-18-02 03:14 PM
sammy davis jr. "Best Stones Yet"....Uh, sure Keith, whatever you say
12-18-02 03:51 PM
jb I love keith..but after listening to those 72-73 boots, nothing comes close..Long live Mick Taylor..what a fucking guitar player!!!
12-18-02 04:20 PM
T&A Keith's new ballad may be his prettiest melody ever, IMO. I love this song.
12-19-02 11:58 AM
Street Fighting Man Best ever.........yadda, yadda, yadda! It's definitely a teriffic tour (and some are better than others), but such statements help sell tickets. Keith especially, and Ronnie, always make such statements.
12-19-02 12:02 PM
jb I was reading my 1994 Rolling Stone Magazine with the guys on the cover in masks promoting the VL tour...very interesting and a lot of it seems to have played out....
By the way, I also have the 1978 Rolling Stone Mag w/ Mick and Keith on cover talking about Some Girls tour..even then, talk of them "selling-out", being too old....
[Edited by jb]
12-19-02 03:10 PM
F505 .....Rolling Stone Magazine with the guys on the cover in masks promoting the VL tour....

great pics by Anton Corbijn
12-19-02 04:16 PM
Happy Motherfucker!! >>Keith, sadly, is no longer capable of doing a fast song..Even happy has become a slow rocker...Still luv em though.<<

Bullshit, you just don't stop knowing how to play fast or write a fast rocker. The tunes that Keith has released lately are slower, but that's because he wants it that way. I'm sure that he has many tunes in the can that are up tempo.
12-19-02 04:18 PM
jb Maybe, but Happy in the concerts I have attended is nowhere near the kick ass rocker it from 72-89.
12-20-02 02:19 AM
padre Yeah, it's the best Stones ever, the best single ever, Keith playing better than ever, best promo video ever, the official site giving better service than ever and the ticket prices better than ever in concerts with support acts better than ever.
But still, I can't help but love these cats. Long may you live and steal my heart away.