ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Don't Stop single ==> UK press reviews (very good!) Return to archive
12-17-02 02:15 PM
Soldatti I've found some reviews of the new single "Don't Stop", on sale since yesterday in the UK. The coments are very good and here some of them:

from Dotmusic:
THE ROLLING STONES - 'DON'T STOP'
Rolling Stones
Rolling Stones artist area
Download Rolling Stones

Forty licks and counting. The Rolling Stones refuse to lie down and accept their place in history and why should they?

They've gathered no moss since becoming the most consistently profitable touring machine in history and with their calendar already populated by dates stretching throughout 2003, the steel wheels keep on rolling albeit with a few aches and pains.

If you skipped 'Don't Stop' when listening to the stunning 'Forty Licks' compilation, go back and listen to it properly. If you liked the polished 'Voodoo Lounge' then you should find this a welcome reminder that those songwriting skills are still intact and Richards can still deliver a trademark lick even it is more of a gentle amble rather than a cock-sure strut.

One good thing to bear in mind for the upcoming gigs - at least 'Don't Stop's inevitable appearance in the setlist will give you a convenient toilet break.

Review: 7/10
Chris Heath
http://www.dotmusic.com/artists/RollingStones/reviews/December2002/reviews27639.asp

From BBC (a/k/a "Top Of The Pops")
ROLLING STONES - 'DON'T STOP'

After forty years we know what to expect from The Stones by now. Pounding, raw guitar, a dash of rhythm and blues, raspy ol' Mick on the mic and a straightforward lyric about, well usually about sex. And that's what we get. It would be churlish to expect surprises from a band so seasoned, so we can't really complain that they're giving us what we expect and no more. Off the back of the 'Forty Licks' collection this might even make it into the charts for Christmas, and help hardened fans banish the bad memory of Mick's recent solo flop. But what they lack in originality on the song they make up for by having a wondertful technocolour video full of references to all their biggest hits. So that's alright.

Review: 6/10
http://www.bbc.co.uk/totp/features/new_releases/

In other page they said what the single easily will hit the Top 40 next Sunday.

Happy Christmas!!
12-17-02 03:05 PM
jb Nice review from the Brits for a change....
12-17-02 03:14 PM
Nellcote Sliced like Swiss Cheese, JB.

Probably, the game plan was not to injure the players against a non division game. We loose some home field advantage, however, in a tie breaker with the Phins, we have fewer division losses, thus if we win outright, we're in.

Guess it comes down to a two game season
12-17-02 03:52 PM
Soul Survivor i still havnt seen the dont stopo video............where can i see it?
12-17-02 04:01 PM
jb Bottom line...last game will determine division winner and we never, I repeat never, win those type of games...atleast Danny's single season record may not be broken.....any news on tix?
12-17-02 04:18 PM
Nellcote Your still out of the loop?
I will effort an answer.
Back on Thursday...
12-17-02 04:19 PM
jb It's all relative Nellcote..I can buy a pair for 6800 and forego the 1/16 show..I would prefer to get a single for both....
12-17-02 04:21 PM
Nellcote I thought you aced that auction....
12-17-02 04:29 PM
jb That auction was a fucking scam!!! I tried to bid 2400 and the auction was cancelled....I looked at bid history and it was previosly cancelled 8 times!!! I then see the tickets offered on a scalper site for 3600 each!!!
12-17-02 04:38 PM
jean-pierre M ."don't stop" video can be seen at rolling stones.com
12-17-02 04:39 PM
jb Also on VH1 if you want to vomit through the reat of their garbage....