ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: even more videos! Return to archive
12-17-02 12:27 PM
marko Souu,,today i got 5 more shows from licks tour,and surely
i will burn these on dvd.these i got

chicago,comiskey park
philly,veterans
philly,fuc
new york,msg
new york,giants

maybe i will order as well,both toronto shows,and both
florida shows,,,,,not sure yet.

should i tree these?
12-17-02 12:37 PM
stonage
quote:
marko wrote:
Souu,,today i got 5 more shows from licks tour,and surely
i will burn these on dvd.these i got

chicago,comiskey park
philly,veterans
philly,fuc
new york,msg
new york,giants

maybe i will order as well,both toronto shows,and both
florida shows,,,,,not sure yet.

should i tree these?

12-17-02 01:04 PM
FPM C10
quote:
marko wrote:

should i tree these?

Well, I'd really love to see MSG. I just don't know how you can tree this stuff, at least not for your USA cousins. The DVDs are not compatible and by the time you get 3 generations away from a video they look like shit.

I have a DVD burner in my iMac but I seem to be the only one, and if I volunteered to make everybody a copy I'd never get to use my computer for anything else.
12-17-02 01:39 PM
Joey Fleabit ...............I hear you are coming to Denver to see the Stones with me Feb. 1st !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear things ..................

I hear things ..................

" I caught a smile from the bite of the wind Ronnie ; watched the fresh fall of snow . "

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJ Jo Blow

12-17-02 01:57 PM
marko hey FPM!!!!! i can do copies onto VHS,and onto NTSC,,,from
dvd,thats NOT a PROBLEM.And they WON`T look like shit!
12-17-02 02:07 PM
Jacques Hi Marko
can you do it in VCD or SVCD ? (for Europe)
I would like to be a branch.
One more question I've a dvd burner (not on computer) with new DVD+R philips, I can record DVD from TV or copy DVD. I have Let It Bleed (program aired in France a few months ago). I want to copy this DVD+RW and I could (poor Gerardo is crying, I promissed him a copy).
Can you or anbody help me ?
Thanks in advance.
12-17-02 03:07 PM
FPM C10
quote:
marko wrote:
hey FPM!!!!! i can do copies onto VHS,and onto NTSC,,,from
dvd,thats NOT a PROBLEM.And they WON`T look like shit!

No, that's not what I meant. (I didn't mean to insult my C10 Brother - but as you know I am a student!)I just meant that that leaves YOU with the task of making all the copies that might be desired. I know that a video copy of a DVD looks great, but then if it's treed, somebody copies that copy, and you lose a LOT in that one added generation, whereas there's NO degradation between generations of DVDs. But it seems like Finnish DVDs don't play in the USA and vice versa.

What I meant was that it would be ideal for you to send a DVD to each of a half-dozen guys with DVD burners, and everybody would have perfect copies - just like CDs. But we're not quite to that point yet. Maybe after Xmas more people will have burners. Then you would have to convert your masters to video, send them over, we convert them BACK to DVD, and copy them. Kinda sounds like a lotta work. However, I'd STILL love a copy of MSG however we have to do it.
12-18-02 02:57 AM
marko Dear jacques.......i can ONLY do copies on dvd�s or vhs.
I also have That new Philipps DVD+R burner(nice machine).
Let see,we could do something after xmas&new year.
FPM,,i will send these all to sir stonesalot.And see what
we can do!
12-18-02 08:14 AM
Sir Stonesalot Hey! I like the sound of that!
12-18-02 08:26 AM
Factory Girl If it can be done, I'm in. It does sound AWESOME!
12-18-02 10:19 AM
FPM C10
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Hey! I like the sound of that!

Yeah, I'll try to get ahead of some of the video work I have piling up in the Monkey Cage to be able to do this. On my burner, I can do 60 or 90 minute DVDs. I guess most shows would require one of each.
12-18-02 10:29 AM
Sir Stonesalot OK, I'll let you know when, and what I recv.
12-18-02 03:29 PM
marko yo buddy,,,,,,,i got today both toronto-02 shows.....i�ll
mail ya.
12-18-02 04:12 PM
jb You gotta get that Amsterdam 73 boot SS..it is major kickass...Gerardo is going to send me a better copy ..I hope...
12-18-02 05:42 PM
Jacques Hi Marko
ok have nice Xmas and happy New year and we'll see later, I think we can do quite good things for us and for ll our Friends. See you