ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sophie Dahl denies new novel is based on Mick Jagger (NSC) Return to archive
12-17-02 12:22 PM
CS Sophie Dahl has denied reports that her debut novel is based on her affair with Mick Jagger.

LOL she denied that but not the affair

In an open letter to the London Evening Standard, Dahl refutes an article that claimed she used her own heartbreak as inspiration for the novel.

She says the article was based on "salacious speculation of the tritest kind."

Sophie said: "My book is very simply fiction, an illustrated, modern-day fairy tale that does not warrant this sort of nonsense."

In the original piece, showbiz correspondent Richard Simpson, hinted that the 86-page novelette was "a little closer to real life than its author is willing to admit."

The piece also suggested that Jagger was likely to be embarrassed when details of the affair were "dragged up" in the book. But Sophie is adamant that this is not the case.

"The only thing that would cause embarrassment or discomfort to anyone I know are articles in the tone of Mr Simpson's, and not my book," she added.

"Lastly, were my book to be about Mick Jagger, it would have been called not The Man With the Dancing Eyes, but The Man With the Dancing Feet and the Knighthood."

The novel will be serialised in Vogue from February.

Story filed: 15:18 Tuesday 17th December 2002

12-17-02 07:05 PM
Highwire Rob Check out that scar on her neck! Is that from a cosmetic surgery "pull" or is she gonna' claim Mick slashed her too.

Just wondering (I'd do her). . .

--Rob.
12-18-02 06:17 AM
Chico Looks like a wrinkly neck line to me.Probably due to too much time being spent with Mick Jagger.