ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Cheated one more time Return to archive
12-16-02 07:43 AM
elmolewis69 I've been cheated too many times by the crooks offering stones stuff on this site, on IORR and Shidoobee.
Most of them are from the U.S. (expecially FLA).
Apart Dan Rease which everyone knows, there 're others around and I've just been robbered again of 180 bucks.
I ask if it is possible to have a separate link where we can exchange precious information on these bastards and keep it updated.
If you have been robbered in the last period, ordering CDs or videos, please reply and let me know.
Only if we keep us contantly informed we can do something to prevent.
12-16-02 08:00 AM
Dan There are more bad trader lists then I have ever been able to keep track of. Try running a google groups or yahoo search on the name and email address and see if anything comes up.
Its not advisable to send anyone that much money at once. Or any money to anyone at all.
And anyone stupid enough to bid on the Wiltern recording on Ebay or buy it off anyone should be decapitated.
12-16-02 08:30 AM
Sir Stonesalot I'm constantly amazed by people who actually BUY bootleg stuff.

I guess they don't realize that, with a very small amount of effort on their part, they can get that stuff for free.

I have hundreds of bootlegs, both audio and video, and I've never paid any money at all for any of them.

12-16-02 08:38 AM
elmolewis69 I'm negatively surprised by your comments.
The fact that I'm prepared to pay money for my favourite music, does not mean that there must be people around ready to rip me off.
Actually I've bought in the recent years lot of stuff in vinyl and memorabilia, which is original, and nothing to do with the mp3 downloads at which you refer.
But this is not the point. The point is that all of us should cooperate to impede to these bastards to visit this website.
I thought this was common way of thinking, am I wrong?
12-16-02 09:42 AM
Fiji Joe Oh, I think anytime you are spending money, you have to be prepared to be ripped off. As SS said, spend a little time and trade...It simply is not worth it for people to build up trade relations and then rip someone off...the payoff is so little
12-16-02 09:56 AM
Sir Stonesalot First off, I didn't mean to offend, or say that I approve of ripoff artists. I certainly don't like those bastards any more than you do.

Secondly, I do NOT have a single MP3 in my collection, and I do NOT prefer them. Quite the opposite, I hate MP3, and think that it pollutes the CDR pool. If someone likes MP3, and is satisfied with having them, that's fine....just don't trade them.

The meaning of my post was that you don't have to spend $180.00 for bootlegs in the first place. Bootleggers are in that shady area. They are breaking the law, they KNOW they are breaking the law by selling the things. Who would trust people like that?

I'd much rather trade, or in some cases, beg. No money changes hands, and if your trade goes up in flames the only thing you are out is a few CDRs and postage.

Like Dan said, there's lots of sites with bad trader lists. It might help, it might not. But the lesson to be learned is that when you deal with shady people, shady things can happen. Don't send anyone money that you can't afford to lose. It's just like Vegas....eventually, you end up with a loser hand.
12-16-02 10:04 AM
Factory Girl Hey SS, I like that "Ain't Too Proud To beg" reference. Are you digging TW, R/s, IP??
12-16-02 10:13 AM
Sir Stonesalot Ain't Too Proud To Beg...damn straight! That's the best part of trading, you make friends that you can beg from!

BTW, FG..your package goes in the mail 2morrow. Thanks babe!
12-16-02 10:20 AM
jb I have lost about 50 dollars on bad e-bay deals...thanks to SS, I no longer have to buy boots...By the way SS, the Hillside blues boot is great!! Also, do you have a clean copy of 1973 Amsterdam shows..Gerardo sent me and it skips all over..(it's called "Keep your p-ssy clean")....Thanks..
P.S.-where id the Happy Birthday Nicky performance from? The version of GS is almost as good as Brussels and Happy is fantastic...as is the whole disc.
[Edited by jb]
12-16-02 11:59 AM
throbby jb wrote:

P.S.-where id the Happy Birthday Nicky performance from? The version of GS is almost as good as Brussels and Happy is fantastic...as is the whole disc.

It's from the the Australian winter tour, Feb.'73
12-16-02 12:02 PM
Sir Stonesalot HBN is from Perth, if my memory serves me correctly.

I do not have the '73 Amsterdam shows....'73 pretty much begins and ends with Definative Brussels and HBN for me...and Sydney...that's a nice one too. I have some others from '73...The Nicaragua Benefit comes to mind...that are ok, but I always seem to reach for Brussels.
12-16-02 12:21 PM
EthanWickedAsHeSeems Most of the money I have lost buying has been from outside the U.S.
12-16-02 12:23 PM
Nasty Habits HBN is probably my all time favorite Stones bootleg thingie. It hurts my mind how wild that show is. Recently got Sydney and it absolutely wails -- so nice to have a new STones show from my favorite era that sounds great and features the band in top form.

Elmo, if you e-mail me (check my profile) I can probably put you in contact with someone who is both reputable and intensely scrupulous in his business practices, and who also has pretty good connections to Stones merchandise.

12-17-02 11:16 PM
KeepRigid
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I have hundreds of bootlegs, both audio and video, and I've never paid any money at all for any of them.

Hey, I would like to listen to these, as I think we all know that they are really MY bootlegs.

Please remit.

She's on to us, dawg.
12-18-02 01:12 AM
gypsy You two(?) are not going to fool me. I'm hot on your trails!

Jammin' on the one.
12-18-02 08:23 AM
Sir Stonesalot >I'm hot on your trails!<

Awwww shiznit girl, you know we gonna let you catch us.

And do all them bad girl things you do.
12-18-02 11:09 PM
exile hey there
Im only new to this board
Im hearing you guys trading bootlegs and MAN i want to get my hands on some of these especialy Happy birthday Nicky and sydney show....as this is my home town

Look Im not sure how it works if i can send someone some CDR's somewhere

Can anyone help me out?