ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Rolling Stones to Belgium !!!!!! Return to archive
12-14-02 12:12 PM
JaGgEr I read in "De Standaard" (a Belgium newspaper) that the Stones come to Brussels. Not for a concert but... for a "museum" of the stones with a lot of pictures.
For more look at the VRT-teletext page 806

Greetingzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
12-15-02 08:41 PM
Angiegirl Hmmm, a museum you say. That's nice. Why the F#@! don't they just do at least 1 show in your country is what I wanna know.
12-17-02 07:50 AM
Richard Hurrah
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Hmmm, a museum you say. That's nice. Why the F#@! don't they just do at least 1 show in your country is what I wanna know.

Roi Baudouin Stadium, Brussels, is still rumoured...
12-17-02 08:53 AM
F505 Why not Vorst Nationaal? Is there another club down in Bruxelles? Why not play in the town where A Brussels Affair was recorded? I love the Belgians. They deserve a lot of Rolling Stones-concerts!
12-17-02 11:36 AM
Richard Hurrah We also have l'Ancienne Belgique in Brussels which is more or less the size of Shepherd Bush Empire I think (~2000 people).
Beside that there's also the SportPaleis in Antwerpen (12000 seats + (1780 seats or 5000 standing places)).
12-17-02 11:54 AM
jb The Dutch are the #1 fans in the world...thank you Rik for carrying the Stones legacy to a new generation of shoes!!!
[Edited by jb]
12-17-02 11:56 AM
JaGgEr I don't me that the Stones come to give a concert, I just wanted to tell that there's gonna be a museum of the Stones, the first day (I suppose) that the museum starts, the Stones, will be there.

I don't really know that's right, I just read it in a newspaper (the standaard).

Greetingzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

PS We have "de hallen van Gent", "Ancienne Belgique", "Vorst Nationaal", "Sportpaleis Antwerpen" and a lot more!!!

Greetingzzzzzzz
12-17-02 12:20 PM
jb WE are very upset about the recent theft of the Van Goughs....we all send our sincerest condolences and pray for their return....May Jesus bless you.
12-17-02 01:11 PM
Moonisup yes, 2 pieces of our great artist are gone!! I really hope they come back
12-17-02 01:45 PM
jb THE ONLY SONG I EVER LIKED BY DON McCLEAN WAS "VINCENT"....
12-17-02 01:55 PM
Moonisup don maclean, didn't he wrote american pie???

12-17-02 01:55 PM
sirmoonie Van Halen is being sued by David Lee Roth for back royalties.
12-17-02 03:57 PM
jb Yes Moon...he is a anti-stone person(jackflash refereced jagger in a negative light), but I do like "Vincent"...
12-18-02 04:26 AM
Richard Hurrah
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
yes, 2 pieces of our great artist are gone!!

The funny thing is that they were not insured !!!
12-18-02 09:44 AM
F505 Just as the Americans consider The Stones as an American band, the French consider Vincent van Gogh as a French painter
12-18-02 10:37 AM
jb David Lee Roth is bald.
12-18-02 05:52 PM
L&A Stones were announced at Stade Roi Baudouin the 10th of August (Fnac, Ticket services, ...) and than cancelled. They will not play in Belgium. I think the Belgians cannot pay them, considering the law salaries in Belgium, in comparison with other European countries (I'm not talking about life level, but standard incomes...)
Btw, Belgium is not Holland...
12-18-02 07:40 PM
F505 L&A, although you talk a lot of nonsense you still have the most beautiful and original avator of this board!!! Congratulations!
12-18-02 10:52 PM
bspring1 Probably that we earn less money here in Belgium but what I was asking myself is do they still need money??
Have you seen the tickets prices. I don't believe they're doing it for fun but for the money. I really like the Stones
but I don't understand how the tickets prices have incresed
like that from the last tour??
I prefer to go and see two Springsteen shows that to pay 120 euros just for one night. That's my opinion and I wanted to talk about it.
12-19-02 02:54 AM
L&A Thanks, F505, it's the original Belgian 45t-single of Sympathy for the Devil ... no nonsense here