ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: WHO IS THE BEST IN THE GUITAR ??? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
12-13-02 09:27 PM
monkeyman THE BEST OF THE HISTORY OF ROCK IS MICK TAYLOR.
WHAT�S YOUR OPINION????
LUCAS FROM ARGENTINA.
12-13-02 10:09 PM
SirMuddy keith.... absolutely
12-14-02 12:20 AM
FPM C10 buckethead

yeah

definitely buckethead
12-14-02 01:06 AM
Pants Make the Man Rhythm= Keith Richards or Bo Diddly.

Lead= Chuck Berry or Hendrix (see "Machine Gun").
12-14-02 03:33 AM
gypsy Guitar is easy. Let's try a more difficult instrument to master, shall we? Who is the best at the cow bell? The timing must be perfect when utilizing the cow bell. KeepRigid will agree with me on this one.
12-14-02 03:52 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Guitar is easy. Let's try a more difficult instrument to master, shall we? Who is the best at the cow bell? The timing must be perfect when utilizing the cow bell. KeepRigid will agree with me on this one.

Jimmy Miller is the only cowbeller I know of. He set the standard by which all cowbellers will be judged hereinhenceforthafter.

Sorry I mixed up Marianne and Anita. I still like your site and knockers have nothing to do with it!
12-14-02 02:10 PM
Highwire Rob Cowbell?

Let me cast a vote for the dude in Blue Oyster Cult (i.e. Fear the Reaper song).

Did you see that Saturday Night Live piece they did on this? Christopher Walken was the guest host and they did the "Behind the Music" parody of the BOC song. Walken played the studio engineer/producer who kept calling re-takes 'cause he had "voices in his head calling for MORE COWBELL!" The skit had me in stitches of laughter.

--Rob.
[Edited by Highwire Rob]
12-14-02 02:23 PM
Highwire Rob Who plays best Tambourine?

A) Davey Jones of the Monkees
B) Susan Dey of Partridge Family
or
C) The chanting Moonies who used to proselytize in the airports. Where have they gone, by the way? I guess 9/11 and Al Qu'eda was bad PR for them.

(Disclaimer: I just realized the similarity to your username, SirMoonie, no offence or pun intended)

--Rob.

12-14-02 02:39 PM
gypsy Ha! That episode of SNL was what I was thinking of when I posted about cowbell. "More cowbell!" Cuz, like KeepRigid says "You're always going to be wanting more cowbell."
As far as tambourine goes, I'd say Laurie Partridge by a longshot.
12-14-02 03:07 PM
Soul Survivor
quote:
Highwire Rob wrote:
Who plays best Tambourine?

How bout Mike Love?
12-14-02 03:40 PM
Maxlugar Yeah Highwire, that was an amazing skit.

Will Farrell as the cow bell player too.

I can't hear Don't Fear the Reaper without thinking about it.

12-14-02 03:48 PM
Joey Eric Clapton is such a lovely player .............I still rate him as No. #1 .

However , Mick Taylor and the " Chairman of the Board " , Mr. Peter Dennis Blanford Townshend are at the top of their game right now and to miss them in concert is to miss out on life itself -- Word to your Mother !!!!!!!!

Never say No !!!!!!!! And don't let go the Coat !

" Say No to Champagne and you say No to life Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{{{{{ THE JOEY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
12-14-02 03:53 PM
Maxlugar He said IN the guitar, Joey.

All those that you listed can not possibly fit IN a guitar.

Try harder next time!
12-14-02 03:58 PM
Joey " He said IN the guitar, Joey.

All those that you listed can not possibly fit IN a guitar.

Try harder next time!"

Eminence Front !!!!! Eminence Front !!!!!!!!

It's a put on ..............Bullshit...............Bullshit !!!!!

It's just a fucking put on ...........................**************Pete Soloing now ****************** He has the guitar behind his back and is playing some 'show stopping licks ' **************************crowd going " NUTS " *************************young Joey faints and has to be carried out of the arena on stretcher -- Ah , too bad !

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ M. JOEYFLY }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-14-02 04:08 PM
Joey " Christopher Walken was the guest host and they did the "Behind the Music" parody of the BOC song. Walken played the studio engineer/producer who kept calling re-takes 'cause he had "voices in his head calling for MORE COWBELL!" The skit had me in stitches of laughter. "

<------ Christopher Walken actually spit in Bob DeNiro's face in the movie " The Deer Hunter " !

That's right little buddy ...................talk about a career making movie for the guy !!!!! He has been riding that film for twenty five years now ------------and rightfully so !!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ JOEY CONG }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

12-14-02 04:22 PM
sirmoonie Just FYI, there is a killer cowbell on Iggy's "The Passenger." And ironically, a dude (don't think its Ig) who sounds like a sheep!

12-14-02 04:28 PM
nankerphelge What do you mean a guy that sounds like a sheep? Like that goatboy from SNL a few years back? Was he singing or just bleating? I'm intrigued and stirred all at once...
12-14-02 04:36 PM
Scottfree Tiny Elvis
12-15-02 01:45 AM
Nasty Habits Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Link Wray
12-15-02 04:42 AM
F505 keith
12-15-02 11:12 AM
Scottfree Lets review the question again, who is the best in the guitar, and the only real answer to this is Tiny Elvis, unless of course Tatoo played guitar "Boss the plane, the plane."
12-15-02 01:51 PM
Pants Make the Man Joey and Maxy have a Mozart-Salieri thing going on. Brutal.

Amadeus > The Deer Hunter
12-15-02 04:14 PM
sasca The best is that all-too-shortly-lived creature Brianandkeith.
12-15-02 04:38 PM
Sir Stonesalot Keith IS rock and roll guitar.

I know a guy named Mitch Ivanoff that is pretty hot shit with a slide. Mitch is a mountain of a man, with hands the size of Xmas hams. His SG looks like a childs toy in his hands. He will make you gape in amazement.

Then there's that Hendrix cat.

Robert Johnson. The motherfucker was so good that people asked who the other guitar player was that was playing with him. He was playing by himself.

Pete Townsend is pretty good.

I like Joe Strummer's crunch.

Ever hear a guy named Cary Hudson...from a band called Blue Mountain? That good 'ol boy can play.

If you are gonna pin me down on just one guy though...I go with his royal Keefness.
12-15-02 06:31 PM
Happy Motherfucker!!
As far as rock guitarist go, My choice would have to be Jerry Garcia. Not only was he a great Rocker, he was exceptional at Country, bluegrass, Jazz, Blues and just about every other style imaginable.
12-15-02 06:56 PM
T.CentralScrutinizer Well I'm sorry to be in the same vibe as mr. sir gay-a-lot, but Heith is the only one.
If you'd ask me, "who you'd want me to be your guitar master?" think about it very careful...

12-15-02 06:57 PM
T.CentralScrutinizer K-K-K-eith, that is!! Learn how to feel and then learn how to play is how I think. Fuck.
12-15-02 07:39 PM
Sir Stonesalot Ha ha ha!

Sir Gay-alot...ha ha...that's soooooooo funny. Woooooo ha ha ha!

So you gonna suck my dick now or later?

And don't expect a reach around either.
12-15-02 08:07 PM
gypsy Sir Gay-A-Lot! God, I can't quit laughing...so fuckin' witty.
12-15-02 08:23 PM
full moon Jimmy Page, Hendrix, Keef, Santana, Clapton, Steve Howe, Alex Lifeson, many more..
Page: 1 2 3