ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beast of Burden 1978 Return to archive
December 19th, 2005 07:53 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Just downloaded a bootleg from the 1978 tour. Not too sure of the details of this piece. But it sounds fucking awful.

Charlie completely fucks up the intro

Jagger isnt too bad, but the rest of the song stinks. I feel so let down, this is my favourite stones song and I have never heard them perform it this badly.
December 19th, 2005 08:13 AM
marko It was GREAT on 1978 tour,all some girls songs were
fantastic.But i think,beast of burden was better in 81-82
and so was miss you.but thats a personal taste.
December 19th, 2005 08:20 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think that the must have rehearsed the song very little. It is rarely noticable that the stones have fucked up. This was just a very poor performance of a truly great song.

The solo is quite good. I would have loved to hear mick taylor lay down a solo to that track.
December 19th, 2005 09:09 AM
Scottfree
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
Just downloaded a bootleg from the 1978 tour. Not too sure of the details of this piece. But it sounds fucking awful.

Charlie completely fucks up the intro

Jagger isnt too bad, but the rest of the song stinks. I feel so let down, this is my favourite stones song and I have never heard them perform it this badly.

Look for some other versions of BoB from 78, I have a few and they are incredible...The guitar interplay *weaving, is amazing....
December 19th, 2005 09:17 AM
Voodoo Scrounge will do
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)