ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Happy b-day Keith! Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 19th, 2005 06:30 AM
Fabio Hot Stuff
ROCK'N'ROLL FOREVER
December 19th, 2005 07:16 AM
Irina Happy Birthday Keith and Bobby!
Be healthy and lucky

December 19th, 2005 04:31 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Happy birthday to the TRUE King of Rock & Roll, the Human Riff, the man who perfected rock & roll in 1972, codified it as an outlaw lifestyle, explored its outer limits, and lived to tell the tale.

The night I met Keith in the Beacon Theater in 1999, I was in shock. Here, right in front of me, was my main #1 hero in the world. How could this be? It seemed unreal. Thinking back immediately afterward, I couldn't remember ANY details. Did he have fishing tackle in his hair? Did he look really old? Did I see his skull ring and handcuffs? I didn't KNOW. It all blurred. It was just like an aura, an apparition. He looked like THIS, in a way:

Because it was THAT GUY, right in front of me, the same guy who recorded Exile on Main Street, who played the lead in Sympathy For The Devil, the guy who pointed fingers at Angels in Altamont, he fought the law and HE won, that guy, just a little further down the road. I could tell he had black clothes on, and that he looked just like Keith Richards.

Just pure Essence of Riff, charging the atmosphere like the tingling victims feel before lightning strikes them.

What could I possibly say?

I've recounted the story many times. I said "H-h-h-hey man...." "...um....how ya doin?" "Could I have an autograph?" "I've seen you ten times in the last three years" and finally "Thank you."

That last one was the only thing I'm glad I said.

Thank you, Keith! Happy Birthday!

God bless you Fleabit, always enjoy reading your words, reviews and reactions buddy. You surely are a lucky MoFo. I always got myself thinking what the fuckin' hell I would say if I had the chance to meet my biggest hero. I don't know if I am ready for such a strong emotion, what a shock man. I've met one of my greatest heroes, Ian Gillan of the legendary DEep Purple, my second fave R'n'R band, as well as Roger Glover, Ian Paice and Steve Morse, but when I finally was in front of him (Gillan), my nerves shook and I've caught speechless - fuckin' anxiety....... it's really bad man.... thanks God I've said "THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING, KEEP ON ROCKIN' AND WE WILL KEEP ON FOLLOWING YOU".

Once again, congratulations for one more good post. Top Notch!

Your pal,

J.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)