ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: chief moon--my alltime favorite shot Return to archive
December 16th, 2005 10:51 PM
kath

doesn't get much sweeter than this, friends.
December 16th, 2005 11:09 PM
glencar Looks normal there!
December 17th, 2005 04:37 AM
CHIEFMOON Here is a companion piece:

December 17th, 2005 05:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man CHIEFMOON, are you just a fan in the audience taking these snaps, or are you a professional photographer on a job? I KNOW you’re a fan, but these pictures are so good!
December 17th, 2005 05:44 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
CHIEFMOON, are you just a fan in the audience taking these snaps, or are you a professional photographer on a job? I KNOW you’re a fan, but these pictures are so good!

Jeez, if it were a "job" it would really be nice, especially if there were a regular check attached
to the arrangement!

I guess one could say that I am a self employed photographer who has enjoyed the music since
"Not Fade Away" drifted out of a NY window forty-odd years back. And certainly anyone who digs the music WILL get themselves into the audience by all means required.

Point of fact is that the MUSIC is what actually drives the shutter button on what gear I happen to bring along, and after some 33 years of doing so perhaps the fates will smile upon the venture...
December 17th, 2005 05:56 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
CHIEFMOON wrote:
Here is a companion piece:

those were the days!
December 17th, 2005 06:02 AM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

those were the days!

Indeed, I at times think that particular night was the best gig I had been to, all things considered.

But the "days" from my perspective were the seventies, three tours in one decade, plus extras...
December 17th, 2005 07:17 AM
corgi37 He looks alive!
December 17th, 2005 12:16 PM
Child of the Moon He looks like he remembers how to play.

Chief Moon's always taken some GREAT shots. There's the one New Barbarians one with Keith and Ronnie at the microphones that pretty much stands as my favorite.

If anyone doesn't have it, I suggest you check out "Love You Live, Rolling Stones: Fanfare from the Common Man." His shots grace that one all over. Oh, and that plug has nothing to do with the fact that I;m in there, as well.
December 17th, 2005 07:43 PM
kath

i gave this shot to charlie when i saw him in nyc in 2001. it was framed and beautifully matted by chief moon. it is peter king, charlie's sax player in his jazz groups.

anyway, so charlie watts owns a chief moon picture!!
December 17th, 2005 09:25 PM
LadyJane Excellent as always, chiefmoon.

I hope you don't mind that I immortalize your photos in our Superblow thread???

lJ.
December 17th, 2005 09:32 PM
glencar I can see it's the VL that those first 2 pix are from but what was the actual show?
December 17th, 2005 10:16 PM
CHIEFMOON
quote:
glencar wrote:
I can see it's the VL that those first 2 pix are from but what was the actual show?

7/29/95/ St. Jakob's Stadium / Basel, Switzerland.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)