ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Days’ of our Stones: Aging rockers turn to daytime soaps Return to archive
December 16th, 2005 09:38 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Days’ of our Stones: Aging rockers turn to daytime soaps
By Christopher Blagg
Boston Herald
Friday, December 16, 2005 - Updated: 01:32 AM EST

How desperate for the publicity are the Rolling Stones?

Consider this: The legendary rockers are making their daytime TV soap opera debut. The not-so-young and no-longer-naughty rockers will appear on “Days of Our Lives” today (Channel 7, 1. p.m.) and return for two more episodes Monday and Tuesday.

The Stones won’t be doing any actual acting on the show. Don’t expect to see Keith Richards emerge as the newest love interest or for Charlie Watts to appear as someone’s long-lost millionaire uncle. Instead, they’ll do what they do best. The plot calls for four “Days” characters to attend a Stones concert where much drama inevitably ensues.

Daytime television is no stranger to rock ’n’ roll. Soap enthusiasts will remember when Rick Springfield, aka Dr. Noah Drake of “General Hospital,” sang about wishing he had “Jessie’s Girl.”

But the Rolling Stones? How did this happen?

According to Annamarie Kostura, vice president of NBC daytime programs, the Stones came to them.

“They were going for that 18-49-year-old women demographic,” Kostura said, “and since ‘Days’ is No. 1 among that demographic in daytime television, it seemed the perfect fit.”

Kostura and the rest of the executives at NBC didn’t have to think very hard before going along with the guest spots.

"It was a no-brainer for us,” Kostura said. “Everyone was thrilled at the opportunity to work with the Rolling Stones. We’ve had country artists on the show prior to this, but this was the first time we had an artist of the Rolling Stones’ caliber come to us.”

Stones publicist Fran Curtis declined comment on the band’s soap stint.

But it appears that the band is leaving, um, no stone unturned in its quest to sell concert tickets and its new “A Bigger Bang” CD, now floundering at No. 154 on Billboard’s album chart. After selling out two shows at Fenway Park in August, tickets are still on sale for the group’s Jan. 13 and 15 return shows at TD Banknorth Garden.
December 16th, 2005 09:53 PM
Soldatti A truly nightmare.
December 16th, 2005 10:05 PM
glencar Did anyone watch this?
December 16th, 2005 10:07 PM
glencar If you have the Dish Network satellite service this fiasco will be on the Soap Network at midnight. Yes, I will tape it.
December 16th, 2005 10:14 PM
PartyDoll MEG I caught the rerun on the Soap channel(last 15 minutes) and it was just some footage from Annaheim( Start Me Up). Of course the story line is some people scoring tickets for the greatest Rock and Roll Band Bigger Bang tour!
December 16th, 2005 10:44 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
If you have the Dish Network satellite service this fiasco will be on the Soap Network at midnight. Yes, I will tape it.

Please

In the name of all that is good

DONT offer to 'tree' it!
December 16th, 2005 11:00 PM
jb Like I said, Boston wide open.........and the press, like Vultures are eating this up.
December 16th, 2005 11:06 PM
Maxmeister
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
I caught the rerun on the Soap channel(last 15 minutes) and it was just some footage from Annaheim( Start Me Up). Of course the story line is some people scoring tickets for the greatest Rock and Roll Band Bigger Bang tour!

I just got home from attending one fine extended happy hour and I read this. Blowing lunch is not out of the question.

Rick
December 16th, 2005 11:08 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Please

In the name of all that is good

DONT offer to 'tree' it!

Ingrate!
December 17th, 2005 02:43 AM
pdog My wife follows this show. Since she is about to give birth, she is working from home...
The short of it is, the other day it was on, I was making fun of it ect... This going to a Stones show thing came up in the story line.
My wife looked at me and ssaid, " My god are they selling out this bad"?
I was silent, humiliated, ashamed... I shook my head, tried to make eye contact... All I could say was "90210"...
I fell silent... We haven't mentioned the band since!
I'm dying to know. Does bell know that Sean is the baby's father? And is this baby even going to live?
I'm so ashamed!!!
December 17th, 2005 06:15 AM
charlotte the concert footage was far Superior than anything the stones have done on TV as of yet this year...but it was very painful to sit through the 2 minutes of DOL and 5 minutes of commercials for 55 minutes...Monday-they will show footage of ONNYA from the Anaheim show...of course

the world has changed guys...
December 17th, 2005 07:00 AM
corgi37 This aint new. They did a very similar thing in 94 for Beverley Hills 90210. That episode also featured around a show of theirs. The parents in the show were all excited about attending, while the kids snubbed their noses. The opening scene was Mum and Dad jigging around the lounge room. One of the hotties says "What do they see in this band?" (or something similar).

Then cut to footage that was used for "You got me rocking" clip.

The rest of the episode was based on the concert. That Ian Zierling dick was an usher (or pretending to be or something, i cant remember).

They truly are sluts. Good on 'em.
December 17th, 2005 07:02 AM
speedfreakjive all integrity LOST!!!
December 17th, 2005 11:25 AM
glencar I know a lot of famous actors came up through the soaps but I honestly don't see how that happened. This DOOL show has got to have the worst acting I'v ever seen.
December 17th, 2005 11:31 AM
gimmekeef To Gazza's point..if this is tree'd.I'm takin a rope up that tree and hangin myself!.....What next..an episode of Desperate Hosewives..called 'Desperate Stones"?
December 17th, 2005 11:49 AM
LadyJane Dear God..........

I need a scalding hot shower with Lysol!!

This is humiliating.......pass the pipe!!!!

LJ.

December 17th, 2005 12:08 PM
Dick Bush
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
all integrity LOST!!!

Au contraire, mon cher!

They just found out the very best way to end their stage career - with a grand tribute to the hard working american housewives, may god bless all of them!

You should not bash, but appreciate their final effort.
December 17th, 2005 12:17 PM
glencar I am willing to tree all three eps if I see enough suicide offers. It's just my way of serving humanity.
December 17th, 2005 12:20 PM
charlotte you are always willing to help...
December 17th, 2005 01:22 PM
glencar I am your humble servant...
December 17th, 2005 02:12 PM
egon IT

NEVER

HAPPENED

(hands on ears, eyes closed, lalalalalalalalalalalalalala)
December 17th, 2005 06:35 PM
Some Guy Made us forget the Justin Timbelake tragedy.
December 17th, 2005 07:00 PM
glencar That too is on DVD...
December 17th, 2005 07:50 PM
texile i love my soaps - i don't give a fuck -
but this is cheesy beyond proccessed ...
im truly embarrassed,
this has got to be the lowest -
i can't believe this is the same band that scared me when i was a kid.
December 17th, 2005 08:57 PM
Some Guy Sup TTM, are them Patriots for real?
December 17th, 2005 09:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels >Sup TTM,<
The pics don't seem to want to load up.
>are them Patriots for real?<
Well, Brady had a good day.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
December 17th, 2005 09:04 PM
Some Guy Stones will play Streets of Love at the halftime Super Bowl show.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)