ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Riders on the Storm@ The Fillmore (NSC) Return to archive
December 16th, 2005 01:13 PM
monkey_man Last night I went to go check out Riders on the Storm (Manzarek, Kreiger /Doors reincarnation with Ian Astbury as the frontman) at the Fillmore last night. First off let me say I am extremely dubious of reminants of old bands getting together to play their old tunes without original singers. I'm also pretty jaded when it comes to live music because I see about 100 shows a year and it takes a lot to get my attention. I gave it a chance because I think Astbury is a phenomenal vocalist and frontman. I wouldn't have bothered to go if they used Scott Weiland as they have in the past. I have to say I was extremely impressed with the result. Astbury brought his own style to the vocals and in no way tried to sound like Morrison at all. Manzarek and Kreiger were amazing together. I am impressed with Krieger's dexterity on the guitar. . . especially for his age! I highly recommend going to see one of their gigs if you are a fan of the Doors and a fan of Ian Astbury's at all! The show was off the charts!!!
December 16th, 2005 08:34 PM
JOHNNYSTONED i saw them as the 21st century doors and they were great...
December 17th, 2005 06:03 AM
corgi37 Man, i loved the Cult. Saw them live here in Melbourne years ago (played the same place the Stones did on their 1st tour).

21st Century Doors played at Melb Blues festival in Jan this year, along with Blondie (blues????) & Neil Young. Got good reviews too. I read ages ago Densmore was not happy, and only recently, that Jimbo's family were pretty pissed off too, so i wondered what happened to them.

Riders on the storm!

Puh-leese!
December 17th, 2005 07:53 AM
patriceg Saw them in Paris twice they're GREAT
December 17th, 2005 11:34 AM
Gimme Shelter I saw Robbie Kreiger play at a club a couple of years ago and he rocked. After the show I got to meet him and he autographed a poster from the gig for me.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)