ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: She Saw Me Coming Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
December 19th, 2005 09:02 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I like voodoo lounge as much as a bigger bang. I think it boils down to the fact that the stones have shown good progression over the years. Bigger bang is further down the line

She saw me coming is by no means the BEST song on the album. I think that accolade has to go to LIND. But it would have made a good single because it is catchy and is easy to remember. The words match the riff.

December 19th, 2005 03:36 PM
glencar Navin, I just came back to this thread but seeing Nasty's great post, I have nothing to add except that I do like Moon Is Up & Mean Disposition.
December 19th, 2005 09:27 PM
Navin Cool, we dont always have to agree about everything
(Why so divine...the pain of disagreement !!?)

Most "Don-Was-Production" seems to polarize opinion :

Two other records produced by Was from around that period :
'Under The Red Sky' By Bob Dylan (liked it very much) and 'Brick by Brick' by Iggy Pop are quite similar in their single-minded intensity and crunchy guitar-rock values performed by true survivors
December 19th, 2005 09:28 PM
glencar Navin, you think VL is crunchy guitar rock?
December 19th, 2005 09:38 PM
Navin
Yes, but "It's a tall order for two queers"

Or maybe -

R&B-driven-gutbucket rock-n-roll
December 19th, 2005 09:38 PM
glencar Don't get the 2 queers reference...
December 19th, 2005 09:41 PM
Navin
Voodoo Stew: Label: Vigotone 152-155

CD1: "Keith Richard's Voodoo Lounge"

CD2: "Stack O' Tracks

CD3: "Zulu Fun Mixes"

CD4: "Honest Ron Wood and Keith Richard "It's a tall order for two queers'
December 19th, 2005 09:41 PM
glencar Oh. By the time I got 'em, it was just CDr's w/o artwork...
December 19th, 2005 09:51 PM
Navin On the final track from Voodoo Stew (track #10) - Keith says the very same words "It's a tall order for two queers"

That single itself "You got it made" from the first CD with Keith on vocals is very good, and still officially unreleased
December 19th, 2005 10:56 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:

Not so - I count three people on this page alone who can't really stand it. I definitely prefer Bigger Bang and Bridges.

By my count the actual album yields Love Is Strong, You Got Me Rockin' (debatable), The Worst, Out of Tears (debatable), I Go Wild (highly debatable) and Thru & Thru (indispensable).

The sessions themselves may have been creative but the album is unbelievably fucked in post-production. I'll take not only Bigger's fake in-your-face but Bridges cold clinicisty over Voodoo Lounge's MaximumWas™ sound. Stonesalot's charges that Bigger Bang is an adult contemporary record are much more fittingly levelled at Voodoo Lounge to me.

Yes, VL is a bit like ER in that respect, a wealth of excellent outtakes and rather dull albums. I'm still surprised WAAS didn't get canned after VL for his poor choice of songs and production, although as Gazza would write, Mick and Keith could have stepped in, had they wanted to, especially Mick who was not very involved in the final mixing or VL in LA. He made sure it didn't happen again for B2B and obviously for ABB.

I think ABB has good songs (not SSMC though, which I find "plodding"), by post-72 standards anyway, the only real let down is the lack of striking guitar lines for the most part, and we know who's to blame for that...
December 20th, 2005 01:17 AM
T&A
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:

the only real let down is the lack of striking guitar lines for the most part, and we know who's to blame for that...

....I blame-a myself
December 20th, 2005 03:35 AM
ListenToTheLion She saw me coming: a very good song.
A Bigger Bang: the best album they released since Tattoo You.
December 20th, 2005 08:15 AM
Nasty Habits Revised:

Moon Is Up is a good song.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)