ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: She Saw Me Coming Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
December 15th, 2005 05:28 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
ive really gotta say i think BOMH is pure shit. I coulda written it since its the most basic blues riff ever......

LOL that's it!!
the lack of imagination of the whole record is the major problem I got with ABB.
a few months later I don t listen to it anymore.I find most of songs are boring (except 3 or 4,a shame for a Stones record) , cuz on this record I can t find my dear beloved raw, funky,punky Stones.Ronnie is now considered as the sideman of the new guitar combo MJ/KR.
what a pity, that's so sad.and lame.
Even Goddess in The Doorway is much more coherent.

plus the fact the tour is a bust with so high tix prices makes the year 2005 very deceiving.
I was really looking forward the new album and tour, now we re on december and my rock record of the year is the last Franz Ferdinand....
[Edited by Jumacfly]
December 15th, 2005 07:37 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Ok. There has been a lot of arguing about this. I am merely saying that SSMC would have been a better choice of single than SOL/RJ and RFD
December 15th, 2005 07:47 AM
justforyou SSMC would have been an awful choice as a single. Reminds me of something like 'Yesterdays Papers' or so, not a single by a long shot...
December 15th, 2005 08:01 AM
Maxlugar I listened to Goddess two nights ago while working out and I'll tell ya, this album is much better than ABB.

There are some cringe-inducing moments, natch, but overall a much more interesting listen.

December 15th, 2005 08:06 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I listened to Goddess two nights ago while working out and I'll tell ya, this album is much better than ABB.

There are some cringe-inducing moments, natch, but overall a much more interesting listen.

it s hard for me to say that but I got to agree with Macky on this one.I ve listened to Goddess this week end and it gots great moments!!
the stripped sound on ABB is cool but becomes quickly embarrassing.
has anyone else noticed that LWTCDI sounds like "everybody getting high"??
December 15th, 2005 09:20 AM
speedfreakjive let us salute the solo in DB, and the lyric "if i was you're captain, would you salute me?" in DB
DB= the shit

Also, ive decided LIND is excellent, drums are briliiant on this
[Edited by speedfreakjive]
December 15th, 2005 09:43 AM
Joey " I listened to Goddess two nights ago while working out and I'll tell ya, this album is much better than ABB."

December 15th, 2005 09:58 AM
glencar As far as the new songs being done live & bringing the shows to a standstill, taht happened on the 81 tour too. People need time to get used to new songs & since these songs don't get played at all on commercial radio (at least in NYC area) that's why the new songs slow down the momentum even when they're performed well.
December 15th, 2005 10:00 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
As far as the new songs being done live & bringing the shows to a standstill, taht happened on the 81 tour too. People need time to get used to new songs & since these songs don't get played at all on commercial radio (at least in NYC area) that's why the new songs slow down the momentum even when they're performed well.

correct. but "neighbours" is more exiting than "rain fall down"!
December 15th, 2005 10:01 AM
glencar No doubt, Ju. But I remember the stares when Let Me Go was played. The new songs (as even SS says) are usually done well in concert.
December 15th, 2005 10:04 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
No doubt, Ju. But I remember the stares when Let Me Go was played. The new songs (as even SS says) are usually done well in concert.

it's probably becuz KR still remembers them Blue!
December 15th, 2005 10:06 AM
glencar LOL I'd love to see Summer Romance or Let Me Go done soon. Perhaps Barca?
December 15th, 2005 10:08 AM
Joey " People need time to get used to new songs & since these songs don't get played at all on commercial radio (at least in NYC area) that's why the new songs slow down the momentum even when they're performed well."

People will NEVER get used to " Rain Fall Down " ......

..... it makes babies cry ........like babies

J. " snuggles " Fly !

December 15th, 2005 10:10 AM
glencar Agreed, my cornhusking buddy. Jan. 28th, be there, aloha!
December 15th, 2005 10:46 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Agreed, my cornhusking buddy. Jan. 28th, be there, aloha!

I would like to nuzzle you

www.omahameca.com

December 15th, 2005 11:15 AM
Maxlugar [quote]Joey wrote:

Joey?

December 15th, 2005 11:16 AM
glencar That hurts!
December 15th, 2005 11:46 AM
polytoxic SSMC would be a great song if it had a bridge, a coda, an original piece of arrangement or some other kind of hook beyond the riff. As it is, it's fun enough but it ain't the new Tumbling Dice,...know what I mean?. Then again, that applies to most of the tunes on ABB.

If it had come out a year after Voodoo Lounge it would have been a great sign that the Stones were rolling again. Unfortunately it came out ten years later.
December 15th, 2005 11:48 AM
glencar Ugh, VL wasn't the highwater mark many seem to think it was. ABB is miles ahead. Miles, I say!
December 15th, 2005 12:04 PM
BILL PERKS I STILL LISTEN TO ABB IN ITS ENTIETY EVERY DAY=102 STRAIGHT DAYS..I STILL LOVE IT (IT DOES HAVE ITS WEAK SPOTS-SHOULD HAVE BEEN 13 TRACKS)
December 15th, 2005 12:12 PM
glencar BILL PERKS< ANOTHER GOOD POST! WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DROPPED OFF?
December 15th, 2005 12:19 PM
Joey
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
[quote]Joey wrote:

Joey?

Macky ?!?!

[Edited by Joey]
December 15th, 2005 12:24 PM
glencar Free elections today!
December 15th, 2005 12:38 PM
Maxlugar Blue did you see the back of Newsday today?

WHOA!

I kinda like the Mets now...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/
December 15th, 2005 12:39 PM
glencar Maxy, I normally never read that rag (Post & Times instead!) but yes, me like her! I had to get the car inspected & it was nice to see Santa's lil helper.
December 15th, 2005 12:43 PM
BILL PERKS I WOULD HAVE DROPPED..
NEO CON
BACK OF MY HAND
PLACE IS EMPTY..
I WOULD HAVE ALSO PUT UNDER THE RADAR IN LET ME DOWN SLOW'S SPOT..
ROUGH JUSTICE
UNDER THE RADAR
IT WONT TAKE LONG
RAIN FALL DOWN
STREETS OF LOVE
SSMC
BIGGEST MISTAKE
ONNYA
DANGEROUS BEAUTY
LAUGH
CAT DRAGGED IN
TOO FAST
INFAMY
December 15th, 2005 12:44 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I WOULD HAVE DROPPED..
NEO CON
BACK OF MY HAND
PLACE IS EMPTY..
I WOULD HAVE ALSO PUT UNDER THE RADAR IN LET ME DOWN SLOW'S SPOT..
ROUGH JUSTICE
UNDER THE RADAR
IT WONT TAKE LONG
RAIN FALL DOWN
STREETS OF LOVE
SSMC
BIGGEST MISTAKE
ONNYA
DANGEROUS BEAUTY
LAUGH
CAT DRAGGED IN
TOO FAST
INFAMY

WTF! u wouldn't omit SOL??????!!!!!!!!
December 15th, 2005 12:46 PM
glencar I LIKE IT PERKS EXCEPT I'D HAVE DROPPED DTF OR SSMC INSTEAD OF BOMH. NEOCON IS PRETTY CRAPPY AFTER ALL AND YET I ALWAYS FIND MYSELF SINGING ALONG WITH THE HALF-BAKED LYRICS!
December 15th, 2005 12:47 PM
glencar SOL ROCKS!
December 15th, 2005 12:47 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
glencar wrote:
I LIKE IT PERKS EXCEPT I'D HAVE DROPPED DTF OR SSMC INSTEAD OF BOMH. NEOCON IS PRETTY CRAPPY AFTER ALL AND YET I ALWAYS FIND MYSELF SINGING ALONG WITH THE HALF-BAKED LYRICS!

DTF and SSMC, two of the 3 best, give em time.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)