ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006

Christmas Greetings from Kaliningrad, Russia!
© Irina
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: She Saw Me Coming Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
December 13th, 2005 03:05 PM
Sir Stonesalot Nice deduction Sherlock.

December 13th, 2005 03:10 PM
Maxlugar [quote]Sir Stonesalot wrote

SSMC is one of the dorkiest songs I've heard the Stones release in a very long time. I can just picture Boy George skipping merrily down the street to the cadence of this song. And how dorky are these lyrics? It's off the scale of the Dorkometer!

It's all the delivery!
December 13th, 2005 03:12 PM
Joey

" It's all the delivery!"

December 13th, 2005 03:13 PM
Nellcote Hey SS
You got a 2005 compliation I could
send some blanks for?
I pulled out the 2003, still find it quite refreshing.
If you are not just send me that photo again if you aren't gonna make a '05 compilation.
It's a great shot...
BTW, my son likes the band "Some Girls"
ever here of them?
How about The Locusts?
They are both on the threeoneg label www.threeoneg.com/etis/
December 13th, 2005 03:15 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
Nice deduction Sherlock.

Not such a nice.... guitar strap
December 13th, 2005 03:32 PM
Sir Stonesalot WHOA!

Guess what I just started this morning....YEAH! A huge dump!

But not only that....also my Best of 2005 compilation! I'm on it right now, in point of fact! I have 37 songs picked, but I'll probably get that whittled down to around 25 or so. Then I gotta mess around with the list so that it flows right. Couple of days, maybe a week and I should nave it nailed down pretty good. Fair warning though...no Stones, no Neil, no Stripes.

I'm thinking of using my above photo(It's a recreation of the famous Johnny Cash flipping the bird pic.)as the front cover.

That is some crazy timing Nelly...

I'll be offering it up as a weed here at Rocks Off...and I'll probably run a holiday contest to give a few away too....so just keep your eyes open.

Should I go back and do 2004? I kinda forgot last year.
December 13th, 2005 03:36 PM
Nellcote You are the Obi Wan of Compilations.
My suggestion of a title to fit the
above noted photo would be
"Best of '05-This One's For You"
Billboard top 10-Take it to the bank.
I look forward to the vine..
December 13th, 2005 05:19 PM
Saint Sway nice to see a Detroit Cobras sticker on yer axe!! 5 strings too. Not bad.

Eddie Hawrsch from The Crowes used to play bass with the Cobras. Crazy ass fun band. Especially when their loaded. Which is always.
December 13th, 2005 05:30 PM
Saint Sway I also wanted to add that I rank She Saw Me Coming somewhere below Winning Ugly and the entire Shes The Boss record. Its that awful.

dreadful pop chorus. Wimpy guitars. Wimpy sound. It sounds like a Huey Lewis song!!!

the song is an embarrasment to the Stones catalog.
December 13th, 2005 05:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot >nice to see a Detroit Cobras sticker on yer axe!! 5 strings too. Not bad.<

Yeah, I busted a string and haven't gotten around to replacing it. Turns out, I don't really need it.

>Eddie Hawrsch from The Crowes used to play bass with the Cobras. Crazy ass fun band. Especially when their loaded. Which is always.<

Yeah, but not TOO loaded. Last time I saw them, Rachel was so fucked up that she wasn't even singing into the mic...and was blaming the rotten sound on the sound guy. It totally blew. I do have her lipstick though...
December 13th, 2005 06:46 PM
speedfreakjive i just realised that I started a thread the other day which read "Driving Too Fast Is The Best Song On ABB", which contradicts a post I made in this thread. Now I retract and say; there are 3 excellent songs on ABB; DB, SSMC and DTF
December 13th, 2005 06:58 PM
tumbling dice
I love A Bigger Bang but She Saw Me Coming is one of the weakest tracks of the album.It´s very repetitive.The most popular song between my friends(not hard core fans)is Let Me Down Slow a surprise for me.Everybody like it!
December 13th, 2005 07:02 PM
speedfreakjive Ive decided It Won't Take Long sounds too much like 80's Dire Straits for me, although I like Money For NOthing and Walk Of Life
December 13th, 2005 08:54 PM
Sir Stonesalot I've decided that ABB sounds too much like it should be on "97.5 The River...Rock & Roll Without The Hard Edge."
December 13th, 2005 09:10 PM
BILL PERKS " WE WOULD RUN THE WHOLE GAMUT OF POPULAR MUSIC,WHICH IS WHAT I THINK WE STILL DO, REALLY"
MICK JAGGER 1989
THIS QUOTE APPLIES TO THE LAME ASS POSTERS WHO STILL THINK IT'S 1971-GET OVER IT FELLAS;THIS RECORD IS THE BEST YOU ARE GONNA GET FROM THEM .
December 13th, 2005 11:03 PM
Sir Stonesalot See, I disagree BILL. I don't think that ABB is the best that they are capable of. I think that they are capable of much better...if they actually tried.

But why try when you can skate by on just going through the motions, yeah? I mean, fuck the album, it's all just an excuse to tour and make the big money.

Think about it..."rock" critics love it. They also love Mariah and Madonna albums. ABB got nominated for a grammy. Look at the crap that gets nominated for a grammy! ABB IS that same crap! GACK! I loathe that whole pop/soft rock/adult contemporary genre.

But hey, they are the Stones, so they get a free pass from me. I'll forgive them for anything because they gave me Midnight Rambler and Jumping Jack Flash.
December 13th, 2005 11:15 PM
Soldatti
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
" WE WOULD RUN THE WHOLE GAMUT OF POPULAR MUSIC,WHICH IS WHAT I THINK WE STILL DO, REALLY"
MICK JAGGER 1989
THIS QUOTE APPLIES TO THE LAME ASS POSTERS WHO STILL THINK IT'S 1971-GET OVER IT FELLAS;THIS RECORD IS THE BEST YOU ARE GONNA GET FROM THEM .

Totally agreed with the last sentence. I'm surprised that 3/4 of the band is still alive after all the health problems, drugs abuse and rock & roll lifestyle during 45 years.
They're oldest than my grandfather, with big families and more important things to do.
I can't expect a better record on 2005. Sadly, 1971 or even 1981 are light years away.
December 14th, 2005 01:08 AM
Sir Stonesalot So what are you suggesting then Soldatti? Are you suggesting that we all eargerly eat up any old shit that they decide to plop out in front of us? So we should all be good little sycophants and buy whatever lame thing Stones Inc decides to burp up for us to consume?

Fuck that noise bro.

I love the Stones, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna say that ABB is "good" when I know damn well that it isn't "good". I don't give a fuck what year it is, or how sick or old they are...it either rocks and rolls, or it don't. And IMO, it don't.

Saying something like, "She Saw Me Coming" is the best song on ABB!", is the same as saying that the Yugo is the best car on Sam's Used Car Lot. It very well may be the best car on the lot....but it's still a Yugo.

Now, I know this next thing for a fact because I saw it and heard it with my own eyes and ears....The Rolling Stones of 2005 can still rock n roll better than anyone else on the planet. They CAN do it when they want to do it.

So, since I know that they can still rock n roll, having seen and heard for myself, I must assume that ABB is an intentional move by the band toward pop/adult contemporary music. That's fine, it's their band and they can go in whatever direction that they want. But I don't have to go there with them. I'm fine with that. There are lots of bands, that I like, that go in directions that I don't care for....doesn't mean that I don't like those bands anymore. I just don't care for what they are doing at the moment, and I don't like what the Stones are doing at the moment. I guess that makes me lame somehow. Big fuckin' deal.

I'll still go see the shows because that is when they play rock n roll music. And rock n roll music is what I like. Maybe my definition of what rock n roll is, is more narrow that the definition that some of you use. I don't know or care. I know what I like, and I know what I don't like.

I like Midnight Rambler. I don't like She Saw Me Coming. What, exactly, is there to "get over" about? Get over it...or what? What is going to happen if I don't "get over" it?
December 14th, 2005 01:33 AM
Egbert
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
What is going to happen if I don't "get over" it?

You will be castrated! Oh wait - sorry, wrong thread.
December 14th, 2005 05:13 PM
Saint Sway I agree 110% with Sir Stonesalot. Absolutely fucking spot on.

I just dont get how Stones fans can accept the recent soft rock crap being put out by Mick, Keef & Co. Much less come on here and defend it.

so many kiss ass sycophants here!!

fucking posts all the time about how great utter crap that is so beneath the Stones talents like She Saw Me Coming, RFD, LWTCDI and Driving Too Fast etc.. Are you kidding me???? THAT SHIT SUCKS!!! Those type of songs suck when lame bands like Bon Jovi or INXS or Billy Joel put them out - but they are fucking intollerable when a kick ass band like the Stones farts them out. And I find it UNACCEPTABLE!!! The Stones STILL KICK ASS LIVE. So why are they putting out crap??? Either they dont care or they dont want to really try. Either way, I'm not applauding them for the weak effort.

I read these posts about how good these songs are and picture the retarded puppet from Crank Yankers. "YAAAAAAAY!!! I like Rain Fall Down!! YAAAAAY!!!!"
"$500 tickets YAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!"
"I bought Rarities at Starbucks YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!"
"YAAAAY! I like She Saw Me Coming YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!"

I dont know if its because so few people here have a real set of stones and are able call a spade a spade or if the majority of folks here actually just like lame music, but IMO, Sir Stones is one of the only posters who opinions are worth any salt with me.

these 2 posts nail it. I couldnt of expressed my opinions of the Stones in '05 any better. I wish there was a an amen icon I could just automatically attach to the end of all his posts.

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
See, I disagree BILL. I don't think that ABB is the best that they are capable of. I think that they are capable of much better...if they actually tried.

But why try when you can skate by on just going through the motions, yeah? I mean, fuck the album, it's all just an excuse to tour and make the big money.

Think about it..."rock" critics love it. They also love Mariah and Madonna albums. ABB got nominated for a grammy. Look at the crap that gets nominated for a grammy! ABB IS that same crap! GACK! I loathe that whole pop/soft rock/adult contemporary genre.

But hey, they are the Stones, so they get a free pass from me. I'll forgive them for anything because they gave me Midnight Rambler and Jumping Jack Flash.

quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
So what are you suggesting then Soldatti? Are you suggesting that we all eargerly eat up any old shit that they decide to plop out in front of us? So we should all be good little sycophants and buy whatever lame thing Stones Inc decides to burp up for us to consume?

Fuck that noise bro.

I love the Stones, but I'll be damned if I'm gonna say that ABB is "good" when I know damn well that it isn't "good". I don't give a fuck what year it is, or how sick or old they are...it either rocks and rolls, or it don't. And IMO, it don't.

Saying something like, "She Saw Me Coming" is the best song on ABB!", is the same as saying that the Yugo is the best car on Sam's Used Car Lot. It very well may be the best car on the lot....but it's still a Yugo.

Now, I know this next thing for a fact because I saw it and heard it with my own eyes and ears....The Rolling Stones of 2005 can still rock n roll better than anyone else on the planet. They CAN do it when they want to do it.

So, since I know that they can still rock n roll, having seen and heard for myself, I must assume that ABB is an intentional move by the band toward pop/adult contemporary music. That's fine, it's their band and they can go in whatever direction that they want. But I don't have to go there with them. I'm fine with that. There are lots of bands, that I like, that go in directions that I don't care for....doesn't mean that I don't like those bands anymore. I just don't care for what they are doing at the moment, and I don't like what the Stones are doing at the moment. I guess that makes me lame somehow. Big fuckin' deal.

I'll still go see the shows because that is when they play rock n roll music. And rock n roll music is what I like. Maybe my definition of what rock n roll is, is more narrow that the definition that some of you use. I don't know or care. I know what I like, and I know what I don't like.

I like Midnight Rambler. I don't like She Saw Me Coming. What, exactly, is there to "get over" about? Get over it...or what? What is going to happen if I don't "get over" it?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
December 14th, 2005 11:38 PM
glencar I disagree with him about ABB in general because I think this album is pretty damned great. Yes, SSMC is not a highlight but there are 7 or 8 songs that are just great. My biggest disappointment is that more of the new stuff wasn't played live.
December 14th, 2005 11:40 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
glencar wrote:
I disagree with him about ABB in general because I think this album is pretty damned great. Yes, SSMC is not a highlight but there are 7 or 8 songs that are just great. My biggest disappointment is that more of the new stuff wasn't played live.

indeed, why not just play a simple song lik She Saw Me Coming...........lol!
or Dangerous Beauty
December 14th, 2005 11:41 PM
glencar DB I do indeed like. Also, RJ, IWTL, BOMH, & several others. I just realized I named 'em elsewhere on this misbegotten thread.
December 14th, 2005 11:47 PM
speedfreakjive ive really gotta say i think BOMH is pure shit. I coulda written it since its the most basic blues riff ever......
December 15th, 2005 12:06 AM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
ive really gotta say i think BOMH is pure shit. I coulda written it since its the most basic blues riff ever......

I could have written it to, but i didnt!
December 15th, 2005 12:07 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I could have written it to, but i didnt!

Well, they're not getting many royalties for it eh,
December 15th, 2005 12:22 AM
voodoopug
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

Well, they're not getting many royalties for it eh,

why would they get royalties for it....they wrote it.
December 15th, 2005 12:34 AM
speedfreakjive
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

why would they get royalties for it....they wrote it.

no, you misunderstand; cos ABB isn't selling well.......... a royalty results from sales of a record you wrote.
December 15th, 2005 12:50 AM
Sir Stonesalot Dangerous Beauty???? GREAT?!?!

How can a song be great with a 7th grade riff like:

nuhNUH nuhNUH nuhNUHNUH blahblah

The song plods along like an Amish plow horse in a muddy field.

You all realize we are talking about the Rolling Stones, right? Dangerous Beauty would be great for a band like Matchbox 20 or Maroon 5 or one of those other word plus number bands. But for the Stones...it's, well, lame.

BOMH would have been much better if the REAL slide player in the band had played the lick instead of Mick. Ever notice that live, this song doesn't start kicking until Woody jumps in and plays it how it SHOULD be played?

Anyone else notice during the live shows how much the new songs bring any momentum that got built up prior to a screeching halt? There is a very significant reason for that. The songs don't stand up very well compared to the rest of what is being played. I like RJ a lot more live than I do on the album...in fact I think they smoke the song live, especially Woody's slide stingers, pretty well done...but even as well played as it is, it kills all the momentum of the show.

If they were playing 6 or 7 of these ABB songs every night...I'd have gone to one show only and not the five that I've seen/will be seeing.
December 15th, 2005 12:57 AM
speedfreakjive ive heard the Houston bootleg/recording, and ONNYA is tight on it. Rain Fall Down less convincing. I'm just happy they didn't play SOL(yet!)
Miss You was good too.

I agree with you in one sense on DB, but the whole groove of the song and Mick's ace vocal just come together to make the schoolboy riff seem ok!!!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)