ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas everyone!
Thanks Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Lisa Marie Sells Elvis Rights For $100 Million Return to archive
December 17th, 2004 09:41 AM
telecaster Is she still single? The only downside is she had sex with Michael Jackson. Oh well....

By WOODY BAIRD

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Lisa Marie Presley is keeping Graceland but selling the bulk of the Elvis estate, including rights to her father's name and image, in a deal worth approximately $100 million.

Elvis Presley Enterprises Inc. announced an agreement Thursday to sell 85 percent of its assets to businessman Robert F.X. Sillerman, founder of music and sports promoter SFX Entertainment.

The Presley estate brought in almost $45 million last year. Sillerman said more aggressive marketing, supported by capital raised through a new publicly traded company, can make Elvis an even bigger earner.

Presley occupies a unique place in American pop culture, and "I don't think there's much likelihood his influence is going to wane anytime in my lifetime," Sillerman said by telephone from New York, where he runs the Sillerman Companies.

As Presley's only child, Lisa Marie is the sole heir to the estate, most of which is now to become part of a publicly traded company that will be called CKX Inc.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20041217/D8714BDG0.html

December 17th, 2004 11:14 AM
glencar She's nutz. She sold the rights for $100M when it brought in $45M last year alone?? Her checkbook balancing skills need work.
December 17th, 2004 11:19 AM
Bloozehound yes, not only that, she sold the rights to his image, and any revenue generated by his music, tv specials, movies ect...

Can you say dumb bitch, Ronnie?

There's a little more indepth article here

http://www.novogate.com/board/968/206161-1.html

December 17th, 2004 11:22 AM
glencar There was a blind item in the NY post a week ago about a certain celeb (Nicholas Cage?) who, before his recent marriage, used to act like Elvis as part of his foreplay. Will he have to pay Mr. Sillerman now?
December 17th, 2004 11:38 AM
Bloozehound wasn't Cage married to Lisa Marie too?
December 17th, 2004 11:40 AM
glencar Bingo!
December 17th, 2004 12:00 PM
Maxlugar Lisa Marie is looking like Elvis circa June 1977 these days.

December 17th, 2004 12:14 PM
Bloozehound I have this gut feeling that this is more of Lisa Marie's attempt to get out from behind the shadow of her father and make a go at it on her own with her own career, you know, the one that's she's been trying to put together for over a decade now.

big mistake missy, BIG MISTAKE
December 17th, 2004 04:47 PM
charlotte I saw the CEO who bought "The King" for a mere $100 million on CNBC...he was smiling from ear to ear...he will get his money back in 18 months!

Can you say "stupid bitch"???
[Edited by charlotte]
December 17th, 2004 04:50 PM
kath unbelievable. wonder what mommy advised her to do??

she fucked up big time. i mean, she'll always have money, but she woulda had MONEY and so would her kids's kid's kid's kids's kid. now not so much.......
December 17th, 2004 04:53 PM
telecaster A say smart broad

They paid off $25 million she had in debt (WTF?)

Gets to keep Graceland and all the revenue

Gets 20% stock in the company that bought her out

Gets a check for $100 million

Not bad

December 17th, 2004 04:54 PM
charlotte Right Kath, the stupid bitch gave away millions for decades to come...
December 17th, 2004 04:55 PM
charlotte Tele, no revenue from Graceland-they get every penny, she keeps 15%
December 17th, 2004 04:59 PM
Nasty Habits I recall some story in some book some where about selling your birthright for a mess of pottage.

December 17th, 2004 05:08 PM
telecaster
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Tele, no revenue from Graceland-they get every penny, she keeps 15%

Huh? "MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - Lisa Marie Presley is keeping Graceland but selling the bulk of the Elvis estate,"

Have I been misled?
December 17th, 2004 05:14 PM
telecaster BTW I just saw the end of an interview with the buyer on TV
and heard the words "Mick Jagger"

Not sure of the context
December 17th, 2004 05:47 PM
charlotte she keeps Graceland but not the revenue...On Fox network-Elvis turns 70 in January, reference to Mick's age...
December 18th, 2004 01:02 AM
Bloozehound $45 mil a year is a buttload of cash for something to generate that does virtually nothing, but be Elvis.

25 years later he's earning 10x's more revenue than he was right before his death. All the licensing, song rights, ect = goldmine, a gift that will only keep giving, why piss it away for a measley $100 mil and a cut of stock

December 18th, 2004 06:56 AM
J.J.Flash Fuckin' bitch.....always messing with the Presley's name.....first that pedophile and now this......

May you still can rest in peace King Elvis
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood