ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas everyone!
Thanks Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Jagger company rolls with 'Being' idea Return to archive
December 17th, 2004 09:12 AM
CS Jagger company rolls with 'Being' idea
Fri Dec 17, 2004 09:12 AM GMT
By Kimberly Speight

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - Rolling Stone Mick Jagger's production company is developing a new series titled "Being" with cable channel A&E Network.

Each hourlong episode of "Being" will be in the vein of the 2001 documentary "Being Mick", in which Oscar-winning director Kevin Macdonald ("One Day in September") followed Jagger around the world as he recorded a solo album, produced a movie, played with his kids and hung out with celebrities.

"Being" will profile a single celebrity -- including musicians, actors, athletes and newsmakers -- in an up-close, all-access look at what it's like to be a star. The cameras will follow the subjects to such locations as movie and TV show sets, recording studios or star-studded parties as well as more intimate moments in their lives with friends and family.

Jagger is executive producing, while Victoria Pearman -- who runs his Jagged Films banner -- is producing.

"The viewer will really feel the intimacy (of being with the celebrity) and have access with them in their home, recording studio -- wherever they might be," A&E senior vp programming Bob DeBitetto said. "It does require the talent allowing a level of access they are not used to."

DeBitetto added that "Being," which will likely debut sometime in 2006, will not feature the "traditional" style of storytelling that most shows in the biography genre employ.

"One of the things we're working hard on is trying to explore new ways of telling biography stories that feel fresh and hopefully will be more attractive to young adults," DeBitetto said. "We think 'Biography' was groundbreaking for its time and hope this will be viewed as a groundbreaking way of showcasing famous people today -- it's the evolution of how we approach the genre."

For example, each episode will focus on the celebrity's present-day life rather than feature the typical birth-to-present style of storytelling and will have more of a cinema verite feel than traditional biography programs, he said.

DeBitetto added that the show will likely include a range of celebrities, including those who appeal to younger audiences as well as older ones.

The series is part of the network's strategy to skew younger and bring in more viewers in its target demos of adults 25-54 and 18-49. A&E already has made headway with such hit series as "Airline," "Growing Up Gotti" and "Dog the Bounty Hunter," resulting in increased primetime ratings in those demos along with a five-year drop in its median viewer age, to 51, compared with a year ago.

Jagged Films also produced the World War II intelligence thriller "Enigma," starring Kate Winslet.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

� Reuters 2004. All Rights Reserved.
December 17th, 2004 09:23 AM
telecaster All hope of another good much less great album is dead
December 17th, 2004 09:26 AM
FotiniD
quote:
telecaster wrote:
All hope of another good much less great album is dead

Why?

(For a minute there, I wanted to flood the post with Why's, ala Joey style...)

Cause of the time Mick's going to spend on this? I wouldn't worry too much.
December 17th, 2004 09:35 AM
telecaster
quote:
FotiniD wrote:

Why?

(For a minute there, I wanted to flood the post with Why's, ala Joey style...)

Cause of the time Mick's going to spend on this? I wouldn't worry too much.

Fotini between him doing soundtracks, producing TV shows, showing up at fashion shows, going to movie premiers, getting the floors of his flat lowered,living at the Ritz, going to art shows, dealing with 6 kids, cranky ex-wifes, and several grandkids, etc it is not a good atmosphere to produce another "Exile" of "SF" or anything even average

The Rolling Stones are an afterthought to him

Which is ok, they have done it all

Just saying as a fan don't get your hopes up for a decent album

I remain, a loyal friend of Greece

Your buddy

telecaster
December 17th, 2004 09:46 AM
FotiniD Oh Tele, don't lose hope that easily, come on now...

Mick's checklist goes something like this nowadays:

Soundtracks - OK
Fashion shows - OK
Movie Premiers - OK
Floors lowered - almost done
Living at the Ritz - now that's a nice habit
Art shows - OK
6 kids - I think that's seven

Producing TV Shows - TBC

So, what I'm trying (in a rather ridiculous way ) to say is that it's only natural the man's got a million other things in his life as well - and I don't see that as a negative aspect altogether, music is not created in a vacuum. The more influences, the better.

Of course I'm not waiting on another Exile. It ain't gonna happen.

But a good modern-day Stones album? Yes, that can and should happen, given their 7, going to 8-year studio break.

So keep your chin up Tele dear - we might as well get a good album despite the lowered floors
December 17th, 2004 11:08 AM
glencar I must agree with Tele on this. The mind needs to concentrate on one thing in order to do a good job especially as one enters one's dotage. Mick can't be doing this & that & then giving us what we want. In any csae, I'll be interested in the final produit.
December 17th, 2004 08:19 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
Mick can't be doing this & that & then giving us what we want.

He will give us what HE wants...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood