ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas everyone!
Thanks Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: sir mick racks up �850,000 hotel bill Return to archive
December 15th, 2004 10:35 PM
moy 14 DECEMBER 2004

Finding reasonably-priced accommodation in London can be difficult to say the least. But if you happen to be the lead singer of one of the world's most successful rock bands, you probably don't have to worry too much about the price of your digs.

That would seem be the case for Mick Jagger: when he was forced to move out of his London home while refurbishments were carried out, he simply installed himself in the penthouse at one of the city's finest hotels. And the 62-year-old certainly doesn't seem too bothered by the high prices at Claridge's in Mayfair, since he has already racked up a bill of �850,000. The bulk of the tab, �700,000, is for the suite itself, but he has also spent �150,000 on food, drink, limousines and beauty treatments.

Sources at the establishment say he has been staying in the �3,500-a-night penthouse suite for roughly one third of the last 20 months, while the rest of the time he has been on the road with his Rolling Stones bandmates.

Claridge's Hotel, which has been his London base since May last year

Mick will be staying at Claridge's until work on his Richmond apartment, which is next door to his former partner Jerry Hall's �6-million home, is completed. The musician is having the floors lowered, presumably to accommodate his statuesque girlfriend L'Wren Scott. And he has also bought an adjoining apartment and applied for permission to knock the two properties together.
December 16th, 2004 04:48 AM
Gazza Had to laugh at the inaccuracies in this story when it appeared (in slightly longer form) in the Daily Mail a couple of days ago...

they actually said his bill would have been maybe 3 times as high had he stayed there throughout the last 20 months instead of spending two thirds of it on tour with the Stones - who have now been OFF the road for exactly two thirds of those 20 months....
December 16th, 2004 11:28 AM
Zeeta Gazza you don't take the Mail do you!?!?!

I read this article as well although fortunately I found a copy of the Daily Mail on a train rather than paying for the turdish rag!
December 16th, 2004 11:38 AM
Riffhard "Mick will be staying at Claridge's until work on his Richmond apartment, which is next door to his former partner Jerry Hall's �6-million home, is completed. The musician is having the floors lowered, presumably to accommodate his statuesque girlfriend L'Wren Scott. And he has also bought an adjoining apartment and applied for permission to knock the two properties together."

------------------------------------------------------------

Good god! You know you're dateing a stork when you have to lower the floors of your flat just so she can walk around without stooping! She's like some kind of goddamned circus freak. I would expect Fiji to use a picture of her in his handle moniker!

Riffhard
December 16th, 2004 11:46 AM
gimmekeef "ONE of the most successful rock bands in the world"???????
December 16th, 2004 11:59 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Gazza you don't take the Mail do you!?!?!

I read this article as well although fortunately I found a copy of the Daily Mail on a train rather than paying for the turdish rag!

I read my wife's copy. I buy the Express, myself. And The Sunday Times at the weekend - plus the News Of The World, of course, because I just happen to like looking at pictures of sluts with big tits.

Funny how no one CLAIMS to ever buy certain 'rags' though, isnt it? Its a wonder how they all claim to sell about 3 billion copies to their "army" of readers on a daily basis.
December 16th, 2004 12:02 PM
Fuc*ing Andrew Good gravy!
December 16th, 2004 12:10 PM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I read my wife's copy. I buy the Express, myself. And The Sunday Times at the weekend - plus the News Of The World, of course, because I just happen to like looking at pictures of sluts with big tits.

Funny how no one CLAIMS to ever buy certain 'rags' though, isnt it? Its a wonder how they all claim to sell about 3 billion copies to their "army" of readers on a daily basis.

Yeah I buy the Gaurdian but only cos its 20p as I still get as a student! HAha!
You gotta get the Sport or Star for sluts with big titties and nice arses though!

Army of readers! Army of tubheads more like!

Gazza - how good is Stray Cat Blues on GYYYO?
December 16th, 2004 12:10 PM
Fiji Joe Hey Andrew...I think you should surrender your name and avatar to the board...they are both great but you...you have underachieved woefully..."good gravy"...what the hell is that?...Your identity will be better suited if some else assumes it...drop off your name and avatar and the nearest fire station...no questions will be asked

[Edited by Fiji Joe]
December 16th, 2004 03:12 PM
Monkey Woman New development...

http://news.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/12/16/ufire.xml

Clutch of celebrities forced to flee Claridge's fire
(Filed: 16/12/2004)

Hollywood stars Brad Pitt and Matt Damon were among guests forced to flee the exclusive hotel Claridge's after a fire broke out.

Witnesses said Mick Jagger and Jim Carrey were also forced to exit the building.

Pitt and Damon are in London to promote their latest film Ocean's Twelve. They were just about to give a press conference in the hotel's ballroom when they were asked to leave.

All hotel guests were told to leave after a small fire is thought to have broken out at the Mayfair hotel's kitchen.

A London Fire Brigade spokesman said: "Four fire engines were sent to the scene after a call at 11am. I believe there was a small fire on the ground floor, probably in the kitchen area."

Sandra Burr, 58, said she was standing outside the hotel in the hope of getting an autograph from Carrey, who is also in London promoting his film Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events.

She said: "I saw Jim Carrey, Mick Jagger and Matt Damon all leave the building."

Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay runs a restaurant at the hotel.
December 16th, 2004 04:27 PM
nankerphelge I find the whole damn thing odd as hell.

First off, when you leave the missus, why in the hell would you move next door? That makes no sense in the first place. The whole "to be close to the kids" is bullshit -- he can pay that much money for a hotel, he can pay to drive across town to see the kids. The only reasons would be to keep an eye on Jerry (why?) or to make her jealous (why?) -- two of the more stupid reasons.

Second -- if he is spending that much money on a hotel while the floors get lowered in the flat, why not just buy a whole new place with 12 foot ceilings (old Olive Oil should be able to fit her lanky ass self in that I would imagine).

And finally -- what is the attraction with L'Wren anyway?

Waste of time, money, and probably chiba too....
December 16th, 2004 04:33 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:

Second -- if he is spending that much money on a hotel while the floors get lowered in the flat, why not just buy a whole new place with 12 foot ceilings (old Olive Oil should be able to fit her lanky ass self in that I would imagine).

Uh....Nanker. That never happened. That lower floors report was proved to be bullshit. Check your sources more carefully please. LOL.
December 16th, 2004 04:40 PM
nankerphelge Well that's what the last paragraph of the cited report states.

December 16th, 2004 04:42 PM
Riffhard "And finally -- what is the attraction with L'Wren anyway?

Waste of time, money, and probably chiba too...."-Nanky

I gotta say Nanky you are a man of pure genius. When you post like that I can't help but appreciate your subtle wit and talent.

Chiba? Mick wasting chiba? Good lord man,hath he no compassion! Nanky we needs to get chiba faced again! Soon! Very soon!

YOTI '05?

Just throwin' it out there.

Riffhard
December 16th, 2004 04:45 PM
Gazza yeah, I mean..come on, the "getting the doors lifted for L'wren" stuff is nonsensical...a good newspaper joke, but highly (excuse the pun) unlikely.

For fuck sake, its not like the woman is 10 feet tall. She's no taller than a lot of men are and you dont hear of people in big, rich houses making extensive renovations on that scale just because the guy that owns it happens to be 6'3 or so. Somehow I doubt too many of these �6 million homes have ceilings so low they'd be better suited to a mud hut

Downe House is a nice pad. I dont blame him for wanting to keep it
December 16th, 2004 04:46 PM
nankerphelge Yes we do Riffy!
Big time!
December 16th, 2004 04:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Well that's what the last paragraph of the cited report states.

yeah but the same report also says he's been on tour for the last year!

its the Daily Mail for Chrissakes...as if Mick is going to be telling people he wants his ceiling lifted because his girlfriend has to stoop down
December 16th, 2004 04:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Well that's what the last paragraph of the cited report states.

Yeah. LOL. Where I come from they call that cluster-fuck journalism. And that's just with celebrity gossip. Now the politicians on the other hand, they KNOW how to spin a yarn.
December 16th, 2004 06:28 PM
iluvmickjagger07
quote:
moy wrote: . And the 62-year-old certainly doesn't see...............

hes not 62. hes 61...right?
December 16th, 2004 06:48 PM
corgi37 And, he gets "beauty treatments"!!!!

I hope he got a refund.
December 16th, 2004 06:55 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
iluvmickjagger07 wrote:

hes not 62. hes 61...right?

Right. Just one more inaccuracy in the article!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood