ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Merry Christmas everyone!
Thanks Irina!
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mad bulls that have lost their way....Gasx3 content Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
December 4th, 2004 11:14 PM
Riffhard Let me say right up front that I'm sorry to bitch about "that board",and if the moderators here want to delete this post that is understandable.


A bit of cyber Stones history. Their was a time when many posters on this board,Shidoobee,and others used to post at the old StoneWorld site. That site went belly up years ago. In it's absence their was a void for like minded Stones fans to gather and chat on the net. Keno went above and beyond the call of duty and worked hard to get the Gas,Gas,Gas board up and running. It was a cyber oasis for all that missed the old days of SW. Hell,it took me almost two years to find my old posting pals! I was without a computer for awhile and was fully out of the loop. I did eventully reconnect with some of the friends I had made and was thrilled to do so. All was well again. The B2B tour had already gone down and we all looked forward to the subsequent No Security tour and album. There were some great threads going on over there. The infamous Blue vs Storm thread not the least of them!


Then a funny thing happened. All of the sudden a major shift happened at Gasx3. If you did not think politically in lockstep with the moderator(and the "new" regulars)you were considered a parriaha. I saw many longtime regulars split. They were no longer welcome. Or,at the very least,their opinions were no longer welcome. It's a funny thing about liberals. They say that they are "inclusive","progressive",and "understanding",but if you dare dissagree with any of their reasons or rationals you are called every name in the book from rascist to nazi.

Ofcourse it's all bullshit and has no place on a Stones message board,but over at Gasx3 it seemed to take on a life of it's own. The threads and arguments got very personal and meanspirited. I'll admit up front it went both ways. However,it would seem to me that the moderator did seem to always slam posters that were on the conservative side of every argument. That only fans that shit. All of the sudden the "newbies" got a solid foot in the door so long as they agreed with the mentality and political beliefs of certain posters and,ofcourse,the moderator. It's sad really. In the not too distant past we were considerd "sister" boards,but, alas,those days are gone. At least for now. That had nothing to do with politics,but still speaks to the hardened will of some people who's names shall remain nameless. I would like to think that we could all remember why we "Googled" or tracked down these boards in the first place. The Stones!

I don't agree with liberals about anything politcally. I was a liberal for a long time and eventully awoke to the hypocrisy of many of their beleifs. Having said that I should say this. I love to smoke a fat joint while cranking Handsome Girls. I love to get stewed while discussing the brilliance of the '72-'73 tour and A Brussels Affair. Exile? Shit that is my huckleberry! I'm a conservative Stones fan! That is not an oxymoran and I'll be damned if some cats on the internet are going to dictate the mandate about being a true fan.

I know this seems like an over the top rant,but it's not. I am no longer comfortable posting at Gasx3 simply because of my politcal beliefs. That's wrong. Here there are many liberals and conservatives,but we get along. We can laugh about our differences or argue,but in the end,we still feel welcome. Not so over there.

Just my thoughts. No offense intended to anyone.


Riffhard
December 4th, 2004 11:26 PM
stones-addict Keno will probably have me shot for this, but allow me to be the first to give your post a standing ovation.
December 5th, 2004 12:06 AM
Stonesthrow I, too, am an exile from GasX3 street. Let's just say a lot of the wrong buttons get pushed, truth is a fluid concept, and editing is an art form.

December 5th, 2004 12:14 AM
Zack The election is over. Give it a fucking rest.
December 5th, 2004 12:38 AM
Bloozehound Dude, Riffhard you wanna be a walkin' talkin' hard-as-nails conservative badass like me?

Well for starters you'd have to be a "mean as a rattlesnake heartless sonofabitch asskickin flybynightin' motherfucker".....but that's all besides the point.

Lose the overt bitchlike, hypersensativity on the issues, let 'em talk political BS all day long, just words on a screen, like rain on your hat it'll roll right off.

You ain't gonna change nobodies opinions on politics over the internet so why bother, end of story.

Besides who really gives a fuckin' shit what a pack of worthless 20 year old virgin geek queers think anyways

BWHAHHAHHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


December 5th, 2004 01:03 AM
telecaster Riffy what did you do/say this time buddy?!?

I just tried to click on it but it was "out of order"
(suprise suprise)

You are 100% correct in everthing you said

I found "Rocks Off" one day when "it" went down (again)
and haven't looked back since. I later discovered I had followed some of the best over here including yourself,
the great Maxlugar and SS and several more

People I don't get along with politically have left that place like a burning building and we all get along over here, mostly thanks to the great administrators that run this place

They are the best

Besides, the women are hotter and more fun over here
and have great racks.

Actually, there are actually women over here

Arnold Schwarzenneger couldn't squeeze an ounce full of fun out that place

December 5th, 2004 01:15 AM
Riffhard
quote:
Zack wrote:
The election is over. Give it a fucking rest.




Zack your first mistake is to think that this has anything to do with politics for the sake of politics. It has everything to do with the very thing that these people hold so dearly. Namely,the freedom to think and speak one's own mind. I have found that increasingly hard to do over there simply because I think and speak differently than they do about subjects other than the Stones.


I ain't sweatin' it. I never sweat the small stuff(hell,it's all small stuff afterall),but it does rather suck that everytime I express a different opinion on a non-Stones related thread I'm slammed for it and belittled by not only the many regulars,but the moderator himself.

I'm no shrinking violet here Zack. Nor am I overly sensitive about the peccadillos of unknown and unmet people that post on certain message boards. I'm simply stating an opinion about the way Gasx3 is run and the way people who have a different worldview are treated.

At the end of day though it comes down to choice. I have a choice about where I post and they have a choice about being smug,hypocritical,gladhanding assholes. I have chosen to post here and they have chosen the latter.


Riffhard
December 5th, 2004 01:28 AM
Riffhard Tele I didn't post anything. Hell,I haven't posted there since the last time I bowed out for good. I still lurk on occassion though. It was this thread that reminded me why I refuse to spill my seed in the desolant wasteland of that joint!

http://www.keno.org/gasland/get.asp?M=137098&P=0&T=137098


Just read some of that shit. It is so goddamned intollerant and angry that it makes me forget that it is us conservatives that are the intollerant and angry ones!


The word hypocrit comes to mind! Although I could never say that there. They'd call me a nazi because they are so tollerant.


Riffhard
December 5th, 2004 02:46 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Actually, there are actually women over here



Right, but why the hell would there be any women over there in the first place, last time I checked bitches weren't into other bitches, they prefer men.
December 5th, 2004 02:54 AM
glencar I don't even lurk over there these days although I will click on the link. Riffy, this board & SD's are all you need.
December 5th, 2004 06:40 AM
Zack Exactly what is the point of fanning flames between Gasland and RO? There's enough damage already done and I was happy things finally seemed to be calming down. Is it somehow wrong or morally impossible to appreciate both places for their own vibe? Is it not possible to be part of both communities without choosing sides? b


December 5th, 2004 08:45 AM
stewed & Keefed Never go there any more.
December 5th, 2004 11:36 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Zack wrote:
Exactly what is the point of fanning flames between Gasland and RO? There's enough damage already done and I was happy things finally seemed to be calming down. Is it somehow wrong or morally impossible to appreciate both places for their own vibe? Is it not possible to be part of both communities without choosing sides? b






LOL Zack there ain’t no flames between boards, we received several attacks by the webmaster but probably it was because of a confusion by Keno, we have never attacked gassland or his regulars who are welcome here.

We always have solved problems in private we never made public a private affair.

But now that the table is served with these disgusting incidents I want to make a summary of the facts with no comments and interpretations. They come from a letter I sent to Keno recently, when he saw it he replied and deleted his flames and complaints about us at his board. However, his reply and the reasons he gave to his regulars when he deleted the attack at his board were not good enough to keep us happy, but at least he finally did read what we asked to read from the beginning and he never did when the “war” was active.


This is just facts, I swear God I am not changing anything, I’m not omitting something relevant (or even irrelevant) and this is nothing but the truth as it happened.


  • 1.- January 26, 2004 @ 03:02 PM PET: Lady Jane posts one image from Keno’s website; this was the first time an image was posted from that website as I made an extensive research of all the archives at Rocks Off since June 2001. The image was posted here at post 13 http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/03-31-2004/177124-5.html it was ONLY ONE IMAGE.

  • 2.- January 31, 2004 @ around midnight (Saturday): Keno sends an e-mail to me asking to remove that image only. I saw the message until Sunday night, as I was out to visit my mother-in-law.

  • 3.- February 1, 2004 around midnight: I deleted the image as soon as read Keno’s message as soon as I got home (See how that message posted by Lady Jane has the text: “[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]” Check again here http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/03-31-2004/177124-5.html

  • 4.- February 2, 2004 @ 10:51 PM: I posted a message at Rocks Off warning the regulars about hot-linking, authorizations, basic netiquette, etc. It is very important to note that I have posted this kind of warnings since a long time ago, long before this sad incident; in this case my warning was one demanding in a strict way not to do that anymore. The message is here THIS IS THE MAIN EVIDENCE OF MY IMMEDIATE ACTION: http://www.novogate.com/board/968/Archives/03-31-2004/177124-7.html

  • 5.- February 3, 2004: Even that I didn’t tell the regulars who the webmaster was, of course Lady Jane knew about him as she saw her post edited, so for Lady Jane it was very easy to deduct who was the one requesting it. BTW, on one hand I deleted the image immediately but the warning was posted a day later trying to keep his identity secret as he asked for it.

  • 6.- From this time absolutely no other image from Keno’s website was posted on the board, and I mean never; it’s easy to see as you can check it out in the archives. We cannot edit the archives only the people at Novogate can do it. However, later two occasional regulars used images from Keno’s website as avatars, I just checked hot-linking in the messages as well not in the avatars. Keno never e-mailed me about this.

  • 7.- When Keno saw two occasional regulars using avatars from his website he e-mailed Jaxx and Gazza, however he used a wrong Gazza’s e-mail, one not in use anymore. Since Jaxx has been off-line and very very busy she didn’t see that e-mail and since Gazza never received the e-mail he couldn’t take the proper actions, and I NEVER received further e-mails. NEVER...please trust me I'm a pack-rat and keep all the e-mails regarding the board admin, and always take the proper actions, ALWAYS

  • 8.- Keno says he did, but he didn’t, WE requested him to send the e-mails as an attachment and he never sent them arguing he lost them, but wait… he reposted the e-mail he sent to Jaxx and Gazza during the same days? But anyway the fact is that I didn’t get any other e-mail.

  • 9.- July 7, 2004: Keno posted a very nasty and tendentious message with severe false accusations about these facts, a real coward attack. His message made a lot of confusion as many of the regulars understood as Rocks Off not caring about his requests and allowing hot-linking which is false as shown in the evidence above. We received several e-mails and posts showing how the regulars with English as a first language understood we didn’t care about the regulars stealing him bandwidth and the impact of bandwidth was big bucks from his pocket. Two avatars from occasional regulars cannot make such a big impact, especially when he says he has heavy traffic. He even had the nerve to say that the bandwidth was stolen from rocksff.org!!!! which is 100% false, later he denied he said that but he did probably by mistake but it is a serious attack as only the webmasters can access that domain.

  • 10.- Some days later I replied him at his message board with facts; I gotta admit, it was not a nice letter and pissed him off, but I had the right to reply and I used it. It is impossible to write a love letter when you receive such a public calumny!

  • 11.- From there Keno acted like a blind guy he never read our comments he was blinded by anger and envy, HE EVEN DELETED GAZZA’S POST WITH THE EVIDENCE!! Yes he did delete a friendly message by Gazza showing the people at Keno’s board the truth, he deleted immediately with no warnings as that’s the way he handles his board. Because he owns the copyright of everything is posted there!

  • 12.- I apologized twice in public about my letter, but asked him to admit all the false accusations and he neither took my apologizes nor admitted he was wrong when the evidence is strong enough.


Later he made another nasty message when Maxlugar posted a message at both boards and he requested Maxlugar to delete it here, and also sent angry letters to Gazza, Jaxx and later to me, asking to delete that message and giving us serious and absurd treats, Maxlugar was the one who deleted. When I saw that letter the message was already gone.






[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
December 5th, 2004 12:10 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, the reason he gave us to delete Maxlugar's message was not the content but the fact that he owns the copyright as stated in his FAQ

"All published material at keno.org, including anything posted on the messageboard, is copyrighted by Keno Internet Services, unless otherwise noted by the webmaster."
December 5th, 2004 01:27 PM
glencar I'd say it's best to ignore that board at this point. This stuff should be fun & their version of "fun" isn't the one most people have.
December 5th, 2004 03:34 PM
Monkey Woman Well, Riffhard, I clicked on your link and you are understandably upset to find people whose "opinions" you don't like (even despise, if I'm not mistaken) posting a nasty piece of political humour that makes Bush-supporters the butt of its barbed joke. But so what? As many here stressed, if you don't like the stuff that goes around at that board, don't go there. Politics is a tough game, if someone goes around saying that Democrats are a bunch of hypocrites, they're going to have all sort of shit pelted at them on Democrat-runned boards. And it's a nasty shock when you happen on one, all right. Now you can maybe appreciate what a decent Liberal human being feels when they found an disgusting attack on their ideas and values by one of the regular at a message board they like or use to like before it went sour...

Don't take me wrong, I am totally AGAINST intolerant ranting and insult-hurling, be it from the left or the right side of the political spectre! But please, don't judge all liberals by the standards at Gasx3.

Gasx3 is not what it was, and not only for political reasons. I agree 100% with Glencar and Stonesthrow on that matter. There's no reason to go there if you feel ostracized. Life is short, there are other damn good Stones boards on the 'Net and it's all that matters!
December 5th, 2004 04:05 PM
gypsy I never cared much for Gasland in the first place because it's layout is not user friendly. But when I heard all about Keno's little hissy fits over really trivial things, it made me dislike it even more.
December 5th, 2004 05:14 PM
Prodigal Son Yeah, I used to like that site but the sniping and insulting got out of hand. Then soon it became all political. Keno should've put a ban on all political threads for a while, but leaving it out there results in bitching from everyone. I'm so sick of politics and I've got no time for a Stones board where politics take centre stage and divide the posters. At least here, beliefs and politics get put aside and everyone just has a good ol laugh. I just gotta say that I always respected Keno but his actions and lack of tolerance at GasX3 recently, have been enough to make me not bother to even lurk there sometimes.
December 5th, 2004 05:18 PM
kath i've never been on that board at all. but i can say it isn't the only example of boards going down in flames because of differences in political views. and old friendship going up in the resulting smoke.

then there was the old SFJ vs UC war, remember that one??


you can't keep stones fan tourless for long periods of time, it seems...we go a little crazy!!!!
December 5th, 2004 05:32 PM
not bound to please
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
BTW, the reason he gave us to delete Maxlugar's message was not the content but the fact that he owns the copyright as stated in his FAQ

"All published material at keno.org, including anything posted on the messageboard, is copyrighted by Keno Internet Services, unless otherwise noted by the webmaster."



Actually - I shot that down in flames - with legal help from sirmoonie. Not that Keno "got" it, mind you. The posts as they appear on his board are copyrighted by him - as posts. If someone posts a news article from AP - for instance - it does not mean Keno suddenly owns the copyright to that article. He only owns the post as it appears as HTML or whatever on his board. Maxy owns his writing and chose to reproduce/post it there. The creator of a work automatically owns the copyright - no need to file even. One can only transfer rights to their work through WRITTEN agreement.

December 5th, 2004 05:33 PM
not bound to please
quote:
kath wrote:


then there was the old SFJ vs UC war, remember that one??





Are those two lists still around? God they were lame...
December 5th, 2004 05:38 PM
gypsy
quote:
not bound to please wrote:


Actually - I shot that down in flames - with legal help from sirmoonie. Not that Keno "got" it, mind you. The posts as they appear on his board are copyrighted by him - as posts. If someone posts a news article from AP - for instance - it does not mean Keno suddenly owns the copyright to that article. He only owns the post as it appears as HTML or whatever on his board. Maxy owns his writing and chose to reproduce/post it there. The creator of a work automatically owns the copyright - no need to file even. One can only transfer rights to their work through WRITTEN agreement.





I DID read that, Lamby. It was fucking hysterical. I don't think Keno ever really "got" it.
December 5th, 2004 07:36 PM
telecaster Congratulations on reaching the 5k milestone. You are a delightful young lady with a great sense of humor and an
outstanding world-class rack

December 5th, 2004 07:47 PM
not bound to please
quote:
gypsy wrote:


I DID read that, Lamby. It was fucking hysterical. I don't think Keno ever really "got" it.



Yes it was - and no - clearly he didn't.

Bang head into the wall...

But I just got your PM...jumping further into the abyss...too fun!

December 5th, 2004 07:49 PM
kath that telecaster, what a silver tongued devil, eh gypsy??

as to the other question, (lamby i think) UC is still very much around, i dunno about SFJ....but probably since "skippy" was omnipotent (or something...)
December 5th, 2004 08:01 PM
caro Riffhard, I think your point would have been a lot more credible if you had told Bloozehound to fuck off from your thread. I mean, did you read what he wrote? Did you try to read it from a liberal point of view? I, both as a "liberal" and simply as a human being, could be very offended by his posts. Happily, I don't get offended easily, so I just quietly barfed over my keyboard. If you resent people insulting you in political posts, that's your right. But then, you gotta be careful too, and distance yourself from the crap that comes from your camp. IMO.

As for Gasland not welcoming different opinions, that's a different matter, and I agree with Zack that we might as well drop that subject.
December 5th, 2004 08:05 PM
parmeda Hey Riffy...after reading through the crap, I've come up with the conclusion, 'If it walks like a duck & quacks like a duck....it's a fucking duck already!" In other words...(and this is my own opinion) seems like a bunch of arrogant quechers that love the sound of their own voices. Period. And people like that, are not approachable by any means. Save your energy. Save your breath. Don't look back, babe...

And tele...thank you for the compliment.
December 5th, 2004 08:08 PM
gypsy
quote:
kath wrote:
that telecaster, what a silver tongued devil, eh gypsy??





He is indeed. But I'd have to fight joshy for him. joshy was all over tele when he saw that photo of tele near the White House, wearing a ROLEX. He has already demoted joey...and is just waiting for tele to fill in as his new best friend.
December 5th, 2004 08:23 PM
kath why, that no good soandso.

here joey, come here to aunt kaff......
[Edited by kath]
December 5th, 2004 08:23 PM
Egbert That Keno person sounds like an asshole. I will not lurk on the triple-gas site, only here.
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood