ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I told you so (Stones box set) Return to archive
12-07-01 06:48 PM
VOODOO Billboard is saying that the Stones have a box set coming out next year. That much is true but it will be more of a greatest hits package than what they are reporting.

I don't want to say I told you so but I did report this a few weeks back and everybody said I was full of shit.

So haha I'm right and your wrong.
12-07-01 07:05 PM
Gazza "everybody" said you were full of shit?? Dont think it was put like that..you seem a tad easily upset if you ask me..

are you posting this story to share it or to prove a point?

Anyway - heres the article since you didnt bother to copy & paste it.. seems that the band themselves still arent too sure about what form its gonna take.

By the way folks,it mentions that Woody talks about the boxed set in the new issue of UNCUT. He doesnt. Thats crap.

Stones Readying 40th Anniversary Box Set

The Rolling Stones plan to celebrate the group's 40th anniversary next year with the release of a box set, featuring rarities, outtakes, and unreleased live tracks taken from different stages of the band's career.

A spokesperson says the group is not yet ready to announce plans for its 40th anniversary, but guitarist Ron Wood has revealed that the Stones are is already at work compiling the box set in an interview due to be published in January the British rock magazine Uncut. He also suggested the release would be supported by tour dates in autumn 2002.

Details remain sketchy, but according to Wood, all members of the group were recently delivered "hundreds of hours" of tapes and have been sifting through them to select potential material for the project. In the interview, Wood says he has already been comparing notes with Stones guitarist Keith Richards over what should be released from the tapes.

Next year marks the 40th anniversary of the Stones' first appearance on the stage of London's Marquee Club, on July 12, 1962. However, according to Wood, the commemorative box is unlikely to be released before September. Mick Jagger told Billboard last month that "we're trying to cook something up. I don't want to talk about it too much yet, but the 40th anniversary is a good party to give."

If a tour gets off the ground, it would be no surprise if their longtime tour producer, Michael Cohl, would be in on the action. Cohl, whose Toronto-based concert promotion firm The Next Adventure was acquired by Clear Channel Entertainment (then SFX) in 1999, would not comment in late October on any specifics regarding a Stones tour, but did tell Billboard, "I love the Rolling Stones. Every year I propose they should tour, and this year is no different."

-- Nigel Williamson, London

http://www.billboard.com
12-07-01 07:16 PM
Gazza http://novogate.com/board/968/26420-1.html

Sorry to sound pedantic,but exactly TWO people doubted the practicality of your original story (see the link above)

Hardly reason for tryin to make it sound like a piece of oneupmanship,but if its gonna bear fruition,well done on being on top of it & checkin your sources...!
12-07-01 11:02 PM
Cardinal Fang Hello Gazza !!

Nice use of the word "pedantic"! :-) The only part of this that seems pedantic is the post you were responding to.

The part of all of this latest press release that I find interesting is that each member of the Stones were given 100's of hours of stuff to listen to. Sounds like to me it's only a matter of time before one of them gets a little lax with this and eventually we have a new source material for new boots (and panties) (Ian Dury ref.)

It also reminded me of the bit when Mick was asked recently about releasing old stuff and (I'm paraphrasing here) he said something about, "I wouldn't want to do it, only Bill would want to. He had that librarian mentality" etc. Well, it sounds like he's getting Keith, Charlie, and Ronnie to do the work. Maybe it's not too late for you and Cardinal Ximinez and myself to still get the gig? Hey Mick, why not send 3 copies of the 100's of hours to the Vatican west here in c/o of Cardinal Fang. Mick, Remember when you used one of my quote's on The Rolling Stones Official 1999 No Security tour website? We can work together again Mick. I can vouch for Gazza and Cardinal Ximinez too so what do you say?

Gazza, I'll try to e-mail you sometime this weekend too.

Later, Cardinal Fang

12-08-01 12:30 AM
yellow1 You really are full of it aren't you Voodoo...You wrote it was going to be a GREATEST HITS !!!
Bilboard reports it will contain "rarities, outtakes and unreleased live material" !
Go back to sleep.

12-08-01 06:47 AM
hayo What an excellent news story we have here!
So are they finally considering bringing out a box set for their fans and followers?
Too great to make you wait!
Have a great weekend everybody,

Hayo.
12-08-01 08:41 AM
Nellcote !YLLANIF !GNIDNATSTUO !TIAW EHT SI ,MELBORP YLNO

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.