ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: It is once again Friday nite Return to archive
12-07-01 05:20 PM
nankerphelge And our old pal Max has asked yours truly to provide some pleasantries as we all embark on our weekend festivities.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I was provided a copy of the Double Door show and it has cast a spell. Yes, I got plenty of work done today -- billed plenty of hours for the good firm. Yet one thought crossed my mind all day today -- GET CLOSER.

That's right. CLOSER

So tonite, I implore you all to move your stereo's speakers a little closer before you listen to the Stones. It will make them sound like they are playing on the small stage with Ronnie's guitar oh so close to slipping up Mick's crack.

Closer

Cuddle up to that one you will be spending the evening with -- whether the mrs, or mr, or dog, or bottle of Jim Beam, just get closer and pretend you are in a tight little band.

Closer

Get yourself a big bag o' chiba and climb right in it. Smell that smell -- bathe in the odor of happiness. Pack a little between your cheek and gum and get closer.

Much closer

Put on a video and sit two inches from the screen and pretend you can touch Mick's hand.

If we all get a little closer and think closer, maybe the STones will feel the vibe and get the crazy idea of recording in a phone booth, or a broom closet.

Better yet, here it is right on the table -- right here and now. Hey Rolling Stones, I will provide you with a room -- good sized, enough room for your gear -- a pool table in the next room -- a I'll sping for the spirits and chiba. You bring the equipment. You can even spend the nite -- I have enough bedrooms that you can each have your own and I'll sleep wherever. The kids can sleep outside. Whatever. Point is -- it is a nice close room where you can all play and get along and we can get ripped and relax and no distractions and you can just put a great CD together and we'll all get CLOSER.

Carry on my SToneskin -- perhaps we shall meet again this evening.
12-08-01 08:41 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Speaking of Closer.....I think for Xmas I shall send you "Closer Than Close", 97 rehearsals. Close enough?

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.