ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So they get together in the studio.... Return to archive
12-07-01 08:06 AM
Maxlugar ...after a few years of not playing together.

What do they play first? Ya know, just to warm up.

Is it an old blues tune? An old Stones tune? Keith just starts playing a new riff he's cooked up and the others join in one by one?

Is it 15 minutes of Ronnie doing the new Tap, Tap Tap technique?

Inquiring Maxy's want to know.

Hug me.
12-07-01 10:28 AM
nankerphelge This morning I popped a video into the player and began my Friday with the Double Door performance thanks to a C10 brother. Good way to start a Friday.

To see Mick, Keith, Ronnie, and Charlie all within a 12 foot circle is breath-taking. Even mrs nankerphelge was astounded by the sight -- a true band -- a group of musicians that are so close, Mick nearly get's Ron's guitar up his ass no less than 5 times in just the first song.

This is precisely why we love this band. This is precisely what they do best. This is precisely what they refuse to do in the studio and is precisely why we will not get another Exile. It is a shame.

There is a critical mass, and when the pieces of that mass all come within a 12 foot circle -- magic happens. Here is the recipe for a great release:

1 Phone Booth
1 Mick
1 Keith
1 Ronnie
1 Charlie
1 Daryl
2 guitars
1 slide
1 harp
1 drum set
1 case of beer
2 bottles of tequila
chiba to taste

Place all ingredients in phone booth.
Record
Repeat as necessary

It's really that simple.
12-07-01 10:52 AM
Maxlugar Precisely!
12-07-01 11:12 AM
Cardinal Ximinez Acoustics in phone booths suck....a broom closet would be better.

I agree about keeping them in a small area...that's why the B stage stuff usually makes your bunghole pucker.
12-07-01 04:44 PM
Joey My sources tell me that Keith Richards AND Bobby Dylan are trying to learn that new " Tap Tap Tap " technique that Pete Townshend does so well . Actually , the technique is now being taught in classrooms around the world as the kids are just mesmerized by its power and omnipotence .

When the Rolling Stones tour starts up next year , look for Richards to perform that " Tap Tap Tap " about three different times in the first song alone .

" Lose a shoe up my Ass Ronnie "

Joey von Tap Tap Tappily Tap
12-07-01 04:57 PM
the lepper Nankerphelge is exactly right- The boys need to just get in a small studio and start going. I've always wanted to see the Stones do a strictly blues album, 'cause when they play the blues, it's really just rock n' roll as only they know how to do it. (Black Liomousine, Stray Cat Blues come to mind). Enough of the slick mew school production- just get an analog 24 track Studor, hook up the mics, and press record. I'm sure it'll never happen.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.