ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Being Keith" (salon.com) Return to archive
12-06-01 06:22 PM
Gazza Originally posted by WRN on kenos' board. Great story. had to share it - thanks to him/her for finding it

From www.salon.com

Being Keith
Mr. Glimmer Twin greeted by six U.S. marshals; father of the year: Stephen Bing. Plus: Chyna's "exploding boob"!

- - - - - - - - - - - -
By Amy Reiter

Dec. 6, 2001 | All that "high alert" talk earlier in the day appears to have made people a little jumpy at the premiere screening of Robert Altman's "Gosford Park" Monday night. Just ask Keith Richards.

As soon as the Rolling Stoner and his wife, Patti Hanson, pulled up in front of the New York theater in which the film was being screened, I'm told, six federal marshals surrounded his limo, guns drawn. People scattered, fearing a terrorist attack or -- worse -- a drug bust.

"It turned out that the limo was thought to have been stolen, but you should have heard the rumors at the theater," Richards told New York gossipist Baird Jones at the party after the screening at the Central Park Boathouse. "Patti and I were sitting in the theater trying to watch the movie and we could hear in the crowd behind us these gossips saying, 'Oh, isn't it a shame Keith is back on the smack? He barricaded himself in the limo shooting up. Then he became like a cornered wild beast when the cops came, so they just towed the car away. It was the only way to handle the situation safely.' We just turned around and said, 'Hey, you idiots, we are sitting right in front of you. Now shut up and let us watch the movie.'"

But, alas, Richards' and Hanson's presence at the afterparty didn't stop the rumors.

"People were pointing at Patti and me saying, 'Oh, look, Keith and Patti already made bail, and they came right back over to the party, boy, they never miss a party, do they, those two?'" he griped. "So finally I said, why fight it? And I was like, 'Yes, lads, it was quite a race against those marshals, but we shook them with a wild U-turn going a hundred miles an hour on the Bronx Parkway. But they could be after us here any minute, so keep your eyes peeled, I may have to jump in the lake and make another getaway. But I promise I will never give up alive.' And they are all patting me on the back, Lord knows what crime they think I have committed, maybe playing my guitar too loudly."

There's just no sympathy for the old devil.

12-06-01 06:29 PM
CS LOL Gazza I posted that article here at Rocks Off yesterday

http://novogate.com/board/968/28677-1.html
12-07-01 01:59 AM
~AzQb

hahahahahahahahahahah.

THAT deep throated chuckle, to be sure.

Many times over in love~A
12-08-01 04:03 PM
Mother baby Beingkeith=beingKool

Did I say that?

[Edited by Mother baby]

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.